Aqib Talib - CB - Kansas

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Did anyone else catch his performance last night in the Orange Bowl.. versitale player overall and a fine cover corner from the games I caught of Kansas this year.

I think he would fit nicely in Green and Gold.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

6'2" and speed to burn...

favre2driver

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't really get why we need a CB though lots of people have tried to explain to me. Woodson and Harris each have 3-4 more years. By then, Blackmon, Bush , and T. Williams will be solid veterans. So...

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't really get why we need a CB though lots of people have tried to explain to me. Woodson and Harris each have 3-4 more years. By then, Blackmon, Bush , and T. Williams will be solid veterans. So...

Just because there veterans doesnt mean there solid. I think Bush is trash and dont want him on the team. T. Williams and Blackmon has shown flashes but thats it. Harris and Woodson are getting older thats why we will need a CB that could learn under them.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He won't be available. I have him currently going in the top ten.

I think that's a little high for him. I have him as a mid 1st round pick. I saw McShay had him projected as a 1st or 2nd round pick which is kind of low in my opinion.

Tiger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jack Ikegwuonu, the talented cornerback from Wisconsin who was expected to be a first-day selection in April's draft, may have seen his 2008 season end before it even began.

Training in Florida for the Feb. 20th NFL combine, Ikegwuonu tore an anterior cruciate ligament and injured a medial collateral ligament and kneecap earlier this week. The injury occurred while he was pulling a weighted sled designed to improve his speed.

He is set to have reconstructive surgery in the next two weeks, and the seriousness of the injury means his rehabilitation will take at least six months, if not longer. That could keep him on the sidelines for the upcoming season.

A three-year starter, Ikegwuonu was named to several All-America teams as a freshman. The all-Big Ten cornerback came on late in his junior season, shutting down a number of the conference's better receivers after a slow start to the season. He finished the year with one interception and broke up a team-leading 15 passes, and declared for the draft on Jan. 7.

He possesses the size and speed NFL scouts want for the next level, leading to his projection as a second-round pick. Now he's likely to fall into the very late rounds.

shame for the guy. hope he rebounds.

OP
OP
Pack93z

Pack93z

Reaction score
Ikegwuonu, if he is around late, he would be a decent late pick, throw him on IR for the year at a reasonable contract and hope he bounces back. Between the legal issues, a subpar year and now this.. I think most people will pass on him.

He is physical and could become a solid FS in coverage if he loses a little too much speed or agility at Corner.

Plus I always hope for Badgers on the roster.

Tiger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
well same thing kinda happened to micheal bush last year and he was drafted in the third.

OP
OP
Pack93z

Pack93z

Reaction score
Maybe Talib will be on the board around 30 eh?

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/NFLDraft/Draft+Extras/2008/wwhi040808.htm

Two first-round, early-entry juniors — Kansas CB Aqib Talib and Michigan WR Mario Manningham — have been removed from the draft boards of multiple NFL teams because of character concerns.

Specifically, Talib admitted at the Combine to testing positive for marijuana three times while at the University of Kansas, according to several league sources. While teams appreciated Talib’s honesty, it bothered one team that Talib dismissed the first positive test because he said he had told Kansas head coach Mark Mangino that he was going to test positive.

Members online

Latest posts