1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

April Fools Day: A Packerforum.com Story

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by PackOne, Apr 2, 2008.

1. PackOne

PackOne Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    So anyway, a couple of days ago, I thought I would make a half assed attempt at an April Fool’s Day prank. I started my plan by trying to use the most effective method of deviousness known to man, this guy.

I sent him a message offering assistance in any shenanigans he might have planned for today. In true to form fashion, he never got back to me. He should have, I think this could have been very interesting had he been involved. I know it’s the off season man, but you’re one of the reasons I have remained extremely loyal to this place. Let’s get to more posting and less not posting. Simple.

My next move was to contact this joker and see if he could get me banned. Unfortunately, he was tied up with work, and my timing was last minute at best. Either way we decided to make a go of it.

So I went to bed last night and hoped for the best. I woke up, and was banned, but yes I could still browse the site as normal.

Well pretty much it was April Fools on me; I tried contacting a few of the usual suspects like this dude and of course this cat , to help with the process, but it took awhile. And just for the record if there ever was a world ending catastrophe and the packerforum members had to communicate efficiently, we all would all be dead in roughly two minutes or so. This guy was sick all day, and he helped out again and started a thread, but for the most part it was a huge failure.

It was fairly fun to watch for me over the course of the day as this die hard got involved. Oh by the way, nice bash when you knew I wasn’t going to post back. Classic.

This fixture sniffed around a little, which reminds me, why did you say this ....

I always wondered about that.

So I logged into my account at the (no link needed) other forum, and tried to play around a little bit, but no takers. That’s why I think this is the best Packer forum, no homers.

The worst part about today was that I couldn’t talk about this loser at all. I'd rather see him here than listen to the news about him going to the Waka Waka Wallas Cowboys.

So for the last twelve hours I had to listen to those boneheads at that other forum, argue with each other. Once in awhile I go there and attempt to really torment someone. I try to make it a rare occasion. Which reminds me, hey you, take a deep breath and chill my friend.

So in conclusion, as usual this site proved about as exciting as a trip to this famous landmark. I guess I will have to try harder next time. Or, better yet, I just won’t bother. Everyone already knows who the brains behind this forum is anyway.

I fondly sign this below as a silent gesture to my nominee for most moral poster.

P.O.

2. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    April Fools Day: A Packerforum.com Story.

yeah, my bad.

next time.

3. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Re: April Fools Day: A Packerforum.com Story.

HEY!!!
    I'm a CAT!!! :lol:
    Wouldn't you know.....i ONE day i get to be part of a prank, and i ended up sick in bed all day. :(
    When there is a weather front coming through, my Meniere's acts up bad. I got my wife up for work at 4am, stopped in here for my "fix", then was back in bed till after 4pm. By the time i came back on here, i got the PM from Packone, and i was late getting into the fun.
    Dang......i had my chance and blew it!!! :evil: :lol:

4. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +650
    would've liked to have been a better instigator, but i kind of had a big day, and couldn't help out much.

5. arrowgargantuan

arrowgargantuan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    not horrible for a last minute run..or maybe it worked perfectly and nobody likes PackOne??

i did receive a great pm from A-DAP asking me if banning him was really neccesary, unfortunately i was tied up at work and couldn't reply to stir the pot further.

next year?

6. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +650
    let's all plan to do it next year. no, announcing it does not defeat the purpose

7. PackOne

PackOne Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    The voice of reason has spoken.

8. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    An April Fools joke on a forum has to be planned ahead, ive got a good idea for next years. :)

9. arrowgargantuan

arrowgargantuan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    i know i'll forget. ;)

10. IronMan

IronMan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +8
    Yeah next time we will have to plan ahead. I was hoping we could all take sides and it would get really heated. We could have had a good old fashioned forum bar fight. Oh well. Maybe next time.

11. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Next year I'm gonna make a fake name and pretend to be P@ck66.

12. Toddy

Toddy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +10
    Uhh, maybe you shouldn't have told us that yet Trom. :p

13. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    nobody will remember, unless zero does that weird thing where he brings back year old threads.

14. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    No one will notice the difference in post context! :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

15. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

Honestly it was just me being random, some random humour a la Family Guy style.

It was just the first thing that popped into my head when I read the question and I wrote it down. Not sure if that occurrence itself means something... :-?

And then it fit in nicely with the whole "I got breast implants" bit, so I kept it.

I was originally going to put "I must confess, I was born at a very early age" thing but I don't do much witty humour on forums.

16. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

Sorry Cheesey. You can't come over. My wife is allergic to you.

17. pack_in_black

pack_in_black Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Good times. Kudos for the attempt P.O., even though a few of us figgered it right away and blew the whistle.

I hate April Fool's Day, but hey, not like there are a billion other things to do on a football forum during an eternal offseason. :pop:

18. PackOne

PackOne Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    Be honest ... who got burned by the kid?

19. pack_in_black

pack_in_black Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Do you mean rugburn? ......

honestly, I got rugburn.....

20. PackOne

PackOne Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    Zombie kid strikes again.

21. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    Hey PackOne, my friend, take a deep breath and chilllllllll ...

Looks like you were ready to roll with a good joke, but just didn't get the proper backing. That sucks. I don't much care for April Fools because it seems like everyone thinks they have the best prank.
    When someone actually puts some EFFORT into it and succeeds, its hella fun, that's for sure. Hopefully next year some effort can be dropped in and you and your pals can roll out a sweet prank that actually works. I look forward to it.

22. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3

Hey....a little rash and watery eyes would be worth it to have the "Cheese" in the house!!! :wink: :lol:

23. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    I had a comment about being allergic to little pricks, but I just can't think of a funny way to say it without sounding like a complete prick myself.

:walks away:

24. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Walk away Zero.......walk away!!! :wink: :lol:

25. BangTheDrum

BangTheDrum Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I like toytles