Apparently he will announce after the game on Sunday

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nobody beats me out but I'm actually with you on this 66. I said it before...if TT runs Brett out of town he will be forever villified.

digs...are you telling me that if TT said that to Brett he shouldn't be gone? First of all if he has already decided he isn't going to sign a big name free agent before the season even ends he should be fired...Brett or no Brett.

Gakko.....wow maybe we are speaking a different language than you do over there.

Once again....this forum board has gotten ahold of this major story before the mainstream press has,,,,amazing!

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The ironic thing is that all of this speculation spit out as rumors has of course a 50/50 chance of happening -- having nothing to do with the made up sources.

At that point the blind squirrel will run up the oak tree declaring I knew if I kept circling the tree I would full fill my quest to find an acorn

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
exactly Bruce...if you say the same thing 400,000 times, you're likely going to be right eventually...and of course the 399,999 times you were wrong will be overlooked for your one successful prediction.

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I listened to Brett's presser today and it sure sounds like he hasn't made up his mind, but there were a bunch of things which may suggest he's considering hanging em up. He mentioned that the NFL is a business and after a 3-12 season it might be the best business decision for the Packers that they get rid of him and spend the money for the future.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Buddy of mine Evan who is a Pizza Delivery guy for PJ's in GB delivered a Pizza to a home in which Brett was at in the Park Place area near Lombardi ave. He said when the door opened up a woman answered and he seen Brett quickly slide out of the view of Evan then came back when the lady didn't have enough and gave her a 50. Evan asked if he was coming back next year and Brett said 'Am I under contract?' with a smirk and walked away.

so there you have it, my pizza delivery friend for papa johns is a better source then the friend of bus cook.

:)

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
Buddy of mine Evan who is a Pizza Delivery guy for PJ's in GB delivered a Pizza to a home in which Brett was at in the Park Place area near Lombardi ave. He said when the door opened up a woman answered and he seen Brett quickly slide out of the view of Evan then came back when the lady didn't have enough and gave her a 50. Evan asked if he was coming back next year and Brett said 'Am I under contract?' with a smirk and walked away.

so there you have it, my pizza delivery friend for papa johns is a better source then the friend of bus cook.

:)

Guess I'd have to have been there to watch this go down, but the flavor of it has waaay more tenacity than any other RUMOR posted so far....

Here's a couple of things....

It's NOT Ted Thompson, or Mike Sherman who will get anything (villafied?)(sp) wrong-headed in their directions if Brett finally does decide to retire. God luv the man, but he's seen his time ... and it's been a great and awesome ride. As long as Sherman doesn't force Brett to sit down and not start for a game, then Mikey's backside is as safe, as it ever was... as far as the Fans are concerned. No one's gonna do or say anything in that regard.

Should Favre retire? That's his decision. You're not waking up in his shoes with all those aches and pains... and would you want to? If I were him, I'd be back for just one more year and leave it at that. He certainly doesn't want to go out on a 3-13 year. He's a better Pro than that tally describes.

What does Deanna think? Heck, I dunno - but she'll stand by him no matter what his decision. They've still got a family to raise and so far (knock on tundra) Favre hasn't gotten hurt too badly in his time with the NFL. He's been a lucky, lucky man.

Yes - he still is under contract. What happens if he retires? Does this help or hurt the Green Bay Packers? Salary cap-wise, I mean ...... If I remember my figures right - it helps.. but then, I'm not the Cap Expert - but I think Bruce is... maybe he can fill in the pothole(s) here.....

As stated before, I'm a Packers Acolyte, not just a Favre (or Marino?) Acolyte... It's the whole Team, or nuthin'.... Anyone with any trophies, memoirs, or keepsakes with Favre's siggy on it, will find themselves with a sudden new wealth and it will grow as time passes. How's your Packer Shrine comin' along... eh?

I'm linking this thread (specifically) over on our IPB web site....

Remember, on Sunday, a little hair-o'-the-dog won't kill ya --- and it'll be worth it watching this last game of the Season, no matter what happens!

Happy New Year, you mugs - this has been a great ride this Season, especially on PackerForum.com - Thanks RYAN, don't ever stop!

GO PACK GO

Cheers!

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I set up my work shedule this year around almost every Pack game as I promised myself that if Brett came back I was not going to miss a moment of his play ( for better and for worse ). I will be there again this Sunday in front of the old tv set with one set of fingers crossed for the Pack and one set for Brett staying in Green Bay.

[align=center]GO PACK GO and STAY BRETT STAY[/align]

PWT36

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The only thing that has been said here in Green Bay, is that Brett will get together very soon after the end of season and inform GM Ted Thompson of this decision to return or retire. The Packers have not pressured Brett for decision, but would like it as soon as possible. If there was creditable information about Brett retiring, it would be in headlines of front Page of the Green Bay Press-Gazette, in the MJ and all Wi. newspapers, plus state TV station & talk radio shows. I question this rumor, no matter who the source is. I have to hear the answer for Brett Favre own lips or from the Packer organization.. This has not happened as yet. I personally think he will be back in '06, but anything is possible. And I would not as the old saying in Wi says: "Don't bet the family farm on it" That is if I had a family farm.

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was hearing inuendos on him not comming back on an internet poker site last night off all places. Your right PWT36, we will have to hear it from Brett's own lips. All I can say at this point is:

[align=center]GO PACK GO and STAY BRETT STAY[/align]

PACKATTACK4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ESPN.com: NFL

Wednesday, December 28, 2005
Favre unsure of future, wonders if Packers want him

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Associated Press

GREEN BAY, Wis. -- Facing Sunday's season finale at Lambeau Field, Brett Favre says he still hasn't decided whether he'll return to the Green Bay Packers next season.

Brett Favre
Quarterback
Green Bay Packers

2005 SEASON STATISTICS
Att Comp Yds TD Int Rat
570 351 3465 19 28 70.5

And it's occurred to him that the team might not want him back.

"It is a business," Favre said Wednesday. "And up to this point, we're 3-12. And from a business standpoint, wouldn't you think they're sitting there going, 'OK, if we're running a risk of this happening next year, we might as well save the money and put that money elsewhere for the future'?"

Packers general manager Ted Thompson said the team definitely wants Favre back.

"Sure we do," Thompson said. "And we're assuming he will be back."

Favre has thrown a career-high 28 interceptions this season. He acknowledges he has made risky throws he wouldn't have tried in past seasons, attempting to make up for a rash of injuries that has cost the team many of its offensive playmakers this year.

But does Favre really think the Packers might try to chase him off?

"I've said this over the last several years: It can happen to anyone. It really can," Favre said. "I'm not immune to it. I think that the organization and myself have a great relationship, and they can be honest with me because I've always been honest. But that could happen."

Thompson dismissed speculation that Favre's skills have eroded.

"I think he can still play, and I think he still has the passion to play," Thompson said.

Favre said he and Thompson have had some discussions about the future direction of the team, although he characterized those discussions as "really nothing major."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ESPN.com: Help | Media Kit | Report a Bug | Contact Us | Site Map | Tools | Jobs at ESPN | Supplier Information | Copyright ©2005 ESPN Internet Ventures. Terms of Use for our Site, Terms of Use for ESPN Motion and Privacy Policy and Safety Information/Your California Privacy Rights are applicable to you. All rights reserved.

PACKATTACK4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So much for all your guys sources.
STAY BRETT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SHIP OUT SHER-ROSLEY!!!!!!!!!
BYE BYE BEVELL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good Post Packattack4 But it is just because of the fact that the future is undecided ( at this point ) that a show of support at this Sundays game in the way of Signs at the game, billboards etc might just be that little extra that is needed to show Brett we are behind him. If I was there I would be yelling Go PaCK gO and Stay Brett Stay so Loud I would lose my voice for a week. :wink:

vegOmatic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Every day I predict it will rain in Death Valley. Sometimes I'm right and proclaim myself a genius.

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
WinnipegPackFan said:
Good Post Packattack4 But it is just because of the fact that the future is undecided ( at this point ) that a show of support at this Sundays game in the way of Signs at the game, billboards etc might just be that little extra that is needed to show Brett we are behind him. If I was there I would be yelling Go PaCK gO and Stay Brett Stay so Loud I would lose my voice for a week. :wink:

Keep on yelling it as long and loud as you can.

Now I'm special teams coach. if there's an opening, I could go for it.

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I do not know that yet P@ck66 lol as this game I will have my fingers crossed on both hands dreaming like a kid on Christmas that Brett will look around at the fans chanting and holding signs then say to himself "Yeah, I want to come back, Yeah, I want to come back"

But I will be toasting him after the game my friend. You with me ?

PPierce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
Gakk..

i've got news for you...

Without Favre..the Packers ARE the new Browns..RIGHT NOW!

(wait..i take it back...they're not as GOOD as the Browns!)

What does Favre have to avenge?

The fact that TT and Sherman lied to him about competing for a championship this year and possibly next....

This team is worse than the Browns WITH Favre, and if you think Sherman is going, forget it. Favre wants him to stay. You don't get it. If Favre wants to come back, Sherman will stay and we aren't going to even begin to rebuild.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
PPierce said:
This team is worse than the Browns WITH Favre, and if you think Sherman is going, forget it. Favre wants him to stay. You don't get it. If Favre wants to come back, Sherman will stay and we aren't going to even begin to rebuild.

If you're gonna say something have it hold some ground. Favre never said he wanted Sherman to stay. Favre HAS said it would be a SMALL factor if Sherman were to be back next year in his coming back. He worded it just like any other player who cares about his team would. Do you think he'd blast the **** out of his coach mid season? Is that how you games with having two groups of players, one who hate the coach an are on Bretts side and another who for who knows what reason are on Shermans side and against Brett. He said what he did because it was the right thing to say.

I would almost promise if we have a new coach who's offense is similar to the current one we have he'll be back. Sometimes a new coach is just what players need. Ahem, Jim Bates - Defense, ring a bell?

Per the rebuilding comment. I hate to say this, but I think it begun last draft. This is only from word of mouth from what I heard on TV but they said the Packers have one of the youngest rosters.

carlos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, Favre's agent couldn't control himself he just had to let the cat out of the bag... rrrright!!!!!

PackFanatic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brett will retire when he retires rumor mill suck and even if packedhouse01 and the source are correct then so be it. Who cares? brett gave his best to us and i hope he has a GREAT rest of his life whatever his decision is

Members online

Latest posts