Apparently he will announce after the game on Sunday

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well......I heard from a friend of Brett's agent's next door neighbor who once shook hands with the barber who cut the hair of a guy who went to school with Brett's cousin's best friend's chiroprator's Father in law's ex wife's 3rd cousin on her Mother's side.........that Brett WILL announce his retirement, or return, sometime between the end of next week's game, and June 1st.
PLEASE don't tell anyone this..........I don't want to get in trouble that i let word out! :wink:

PackinSteel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:
Well......I heard from a friend of Brett's agent's next door neighbor who once shook hands with the barber who cut the hair of a guy who went to school with Brett's cousin's best friend's chiroprator's Father in law's ex wife's 3rd cousin on her Mother's side.........that Brett WILL announce his retirement, or return, sometime between the end of next week's game, and June 1st.
PLEASE don't tell anyone this..........I don't want to get in trouble that i let word out! :wink:

Mum's the word...I talked to that guy too :D :D

I do think that whatever his decision is it should come sooner rather than later for all involved. The team shouldn't let him sit around until March like last year.

TT and Sherman should request a commitment/decision by a week after the Pro Bowl (guess that is presuming Sherman is still around but those decision often come following the end of the season as well).

I don't think Brett would have a problem with that either as he knows the team needs to define it's direction for next year and that those decision are heavily impacted by his decision.

I guess what everyone wants to hear is "I'm playing 1/2/? more years" so they can plan everything around that and I'd be surprised if Favre is ever going to give that kind of answer. If he did announce a "Swan song" the season would be so messed up with celebrations in every city etc.

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:

Are you sure cheesey??? I thought you heard from a sister of a cousin who is a friend of Brett's agent's next door neighbor who once shook hands with the barber who cut the hair of a guy who went to school with Brett's cousin's best friend's chiroprator's Father in law's ex wife's 3rd cousin on her Mother's side.........that Brett WILL either announce that he will retire or return sometime between the end of Sunday's game and the start of training camp... :D Come on keep your story straight will yah :p

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey Bruce! I heard it STRAIGHT from the horses mouth!!! (Or was it from the horses OTHER end.......I can't remember!!!)
Any way............I hope he comes back one more year, so we can at least say "good bye" and "thank you" properly. I'm seriously thinking of trying to make it up there again, just in case it IS his last game. I'm not sure yet.

Edder......i agree.......he needs to let the team know, so they know what the heck they are going to do for a QB next year.

PPierce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rossley needs to go too.

Brett Favre will not retire. I think he's too proud to go down this way. Unfortunately, I doubt things will improve for him next year. He'll be one year older and still with basically a bunch of rookies, Sherman as coach (per what HE wants), and his own poor judgment.

I hope we get some really good draft picks. We need all the help we can get. If Brett does come back, we need to pray that Javon Walker is healthy. Donald Driver as the only reliable receiver doesn't cut it. Favre is forever throwing into double coverage, trying to hit Driver and it almost always backfires on him and ends up an interception.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All of this stress and hand wringing... for what? Let the man move on if that’s his choice. He doesn’t owe anyone another season.
You had to know that he would some day retire didn’t you? When Walter Payton was playing in his final season he knew it and so did everyone else. The Bears eased Neil Anderson into the lineup to get him some playing time and he became a pro-bowl running back. We all knew that the day would come when he was going to play his last game. He did not go out with a Super Bowl win. The Bears lost to the Washington Redskins in the playoffs at Soldier Field and just like that he was gone.
The fans in Chicago were sad to see him go but we never felt for a minute that he owed us one more season or even one more carry for that matter. Walter did enough. Brett has done enough. All you can do is say thank you.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Walter Payton's last game. Jan. 10th 1988 NFC Divisinol playoffs

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's no stress OR hand wringing............it's just a PACKER site where we discuss PACKER stuff. Whether it's Favre retiring, Walker's holdout, the injuries, whatever. After Favre is gone, WE will still be here, discussing the Packers and what is the current news, whoever is on the team. It just so happens that the best QB to wear a Packer uniform in many years may be leaving, and i know i myself as a fan have appreciated the enjoyment he gave me over the last 14 years. So we discuss it, give our opinions, and in some ways "mourn" over the fact that we may never see someone like this in a Packer uniform in our lifetime. It's enjoyable to be able to discuss it with people that feel the same way about it as I do. Life WILL go on after he leaves, whether it's now, next year, whatever. He doesn't "owe" us anything, but i know i would like to hold onto the possibility that for one more year, he may lead the team to the playoffs. Have the Bears had another Walter Payton since he left? No. They had some ok backs, but NO one NEAR his talent. You should count yourself fortunate if you had the pleasure to see him play in your lifetime. Many Bears fans never had that chance. I only got to see Bart Starr play in one pre season game I was at back in 1970. I saw him win both Super Bowls, but that was on TV. Seeing him LIVE was the best for me. I got to see Brett play too, and i feel very happy to have had that pleasure.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey....straight from the horse's mouth? When did you talk with Sarah Jessica Parker?

Wilbuuuur!

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes Digs......i DID talk to her. First thing i asked her was........"Why the long face???" Then she told me Brett might retire, so I KNEW why! LOLOL!!! :lol:
It's funny you said that, cause i see her on TV, and to be honest, she does NOTHING for me. They make such a BIG deal about her, and i go "WHY!?!?"
I don't think she's cute, or even remotely attractive.........yet they make a big fuss. To each his own i guess.
And yes......a Bears fan that wants Brett to retire.......gee.........i wonder why......

trippster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I heard on the Milwaukee radio station that Brett had his talk with TT and that TT is not going to go out into Free Agency and get a cure for next year. TT then asked Brett if he was "in" or "out" and Brett said.........

...."out"

They said he will announce his retirement after the game on Sunday. We will know based on whether all his family is at the game.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
If that's true..they should ride TT's..Sherman's and Rossley's *** out of GB on a rail...

preferably in tar and feathers...

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TT has a job to do, and its focus goes far beyond this one season. I am as huge a Favre fan as there is, but I would not feel comfortable with a GM that literally though only of today and, in doing so, sacrificed several years of the franchise's future to appease fans with regard to a beloved player.

The sad fact of the game is, all of our favorites eventually retire...and more often than not, not on their terms.

Folks, TT has a job to do, and tough decisions such as this (if in fact true) are part of the job description.

GakkofNorway

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That is total bullcrap JB and 66. TOTAL BULLCRAP.

Favre isn't going to be here much longer anyway, we have to move on, TT has to build a team for the future, and in that future, Brett Favre is no longer a factor.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
digs..and Gakk...

that is total ********...MAN...BULLSH!T!

(Steve Young called this at the beginning of the season. "The Packers are a team that is not committed to winning championships anymore, and sooner or later, Brett Favre is going to realize this...")

Ron Wolf said he was going to get the talent around Brett Favre to make another run for the SB..sadly he did not..and stuck us with the pathetic Mike Sherman...

I kind of suspected that this was TT's MO all along..and if it IS..then he is an egotistical..arrogant pr!ck who want's to do things "his way".even at the expense of sacrificing of an icon like Brett Favre...He should have been straight with Favre about his intentions..THIS YEAR!

What TT deserves to have happen now is to have Favre now go to another team that is poised for a run and lead them to victory!

If it's true..GB has turned into a truly classless organization that doesn't take care of it's own...(like Denver did with Elway)...and they deserve what ever bad comes their way while TT is here...

This is bad mojo man...if it is true!

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
trippster said:
I heard on the Milwaukee radio station that Brett had his talk with TT and that TT is not going to go out into Free Agency and get a cure for next year. TT then asked Brett if he was "in" or "out" and Brett said.........

...."out"

They said he will announce his retirement after the game on Sunday. We will know based on whether all his family is at the game.

trippster, when did you hear this? Was it today and on what station?

GakkofNorway

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brett Favre has been talking about retirement for ages.

He's 36 for christ sake, and he has never been half the physical athlete Testaverde is.

Is Brett Favre the future of this franchise? No

TT has to take care of the future of the franchise, not only Brett Favre, whom you point out as "GB". Brett Favre is not the Packers, he is one player, and a player that is about to retire.

OP
OP
P

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That is the word that I got too. I just dont' think Brett's heart is in it anymore. Let's let the guy retire and treasure the great memories he gave us.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Gakk..

that's the most MORONIC statement that i've ever heard on this forum...

Congratulations..you beat out Phil...and DePack...!

Testeverde isn't half the QUARTERBACK that Brett Favre is...

(If these morons would have surrounded Brett with a little talent and a Coach that had some balls and a little brains...then they would have been to the SB already!)

(Elway did it at this age..and Favre is better than he was....)

(I hope Favre signs with the Vikings or the Bears and takes them to the SB NEXT YEAR!)

GakkofNorway

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not talking about Testaverde the Quarteback, I am talking about his abillity to keep his body fit even at the age of 40. Brett Favre doesn't have that abillity.

and you should watch your own statements, you are completely out of content.

GakkofNorway

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
(I hope Favre signs with the Vikings or the Bears and takes them to the SB NEXT YEAR!)

Why should Favre have anything to avenge?

Because the Packers wouldn't spend a whole lot of salary cap to have some players around him for one year, then be in cap hell for the next 10 years and become the new Browns?

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Gakk..

i've got news for you...

Without Favre..the Packers ARE the new Browns..RIGHT NOW!

(wait..i take it back...they're not as GOOD as the Browns!)

What does Favre have to avenge?

The fact that TT and Sherman lied to him about competing for a championship this year and possibly next....

Members online

Latest posts