Apparently he will announce after the game on Sunday

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I got the word tonight from a source that he will announce his retirement after the game on Sunday.

I don't know how reliable the souce is however. That's the word I got tonight

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No, I think one off season a couple or few years from now he will say the upcoming season will be the last. He is more of a guy needing a vacation than quitting.

He never said it would be a snap decision but would take time. Why would he cange it now.

He is earning 12 million dollars for playing next season. That is $705K a week or a hundred thousand dollars a day during the season. In fact it will be over a dollar a second every second he is breathing next season.

What wife would let him quit??

net

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Unnamed sources are not bunk, but they must be reliable, otherwise the reporter's credibility is bunk.

We would have virtually no news if everything had to be on the record.

Regarding Favre, it would seem he's leaning that way. I think the guy is just mentally shot. I think he sees perhaps another year of this, and would rather ride his lawnmower(and work one of the NFL pregame shows).

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
packedhouse01 said:
I got the word tonight from a source that he will announce his retirement after the game on Sunday.

dont pay attention to unnamed sources.

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
packedhouse01 said:

I'm hoping you are talking about Rossley and not Favre!

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know what to think about this. Favre looked pretty fired up on Sunday which could mean two things IMO. 1. he still has the passion necessary to play and win in the NFL and, therefore, he's coming back or 2. he really wanted to beat the Bears one last time. I'm torn, but if I had to lay a bet, he'll retire.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am completely at a loss for how to read this...there have been so many rumors and speculation regarding this matter, how can you trust anything that does not come from Favre himself.

All I can say is, if in fact this is the end, it has been a great ride....we have all had the priveledge of witnessing a living legend play the game the way it should be played.

What is it about Green Bay that we have been so fortunate to have such legendary players in the Green and Gold..........players that transcend time and will forever be the embodiement of the game?

Damn....I am getting a little sad just thinking that this may be it!

But you know what I heard from a friend of the sister of the girl who shampoos my dog..................

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
packedhouse01 said:

Who's the source? A friend? media?

I haven't heard anything like this at all and would be shocked if Favre announced his decision that quickly.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is bullsh1t. If he already knew, why wouldn't he announce it BEFORE the game on Sunday, so the fans can honor him properly? Farve doesn't know yet....muchless his agent....and even less likely a friend of his agent!

OP
OP
P

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack, who knows why Brett does what he does? Maybe he really doesn't know what he wants to do. Or, maybe he does know and Sunday's game will be it for him and he's going to tell everyone. My point is that over the past few years Brett has given the impression that the end is near, or is it? We never know with him. I remember a few years back when he talked of retiring and his dad told him to shut up that he wasn't going to retire and that it was just dumb talk. So who really knows? My conversation was with a person who hangs out with his agent and so the information that I'm giving you apparently came from his agent. I have no idea if it's accurate of if Buzz was just toying with him.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If his agent was willing to tell this to "someone who hangs around with him" don't you think it would have leaked out to the ravenous national media that have been chasing this story for 4 or 5 years now? If it got out would Fox have moved Brett's last game from the nationally televised 4pm slot to the regional 1pm slot.

I heard a rumor from a more reliable source that says that Brett will take some time in the offseason to evaluate things, talk to the Packers front office about what they are thinking and then make a decision about what he wants to do. This rumor comes from Brett Favre.

tkpckfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
This is bullsh1t. If he already knew, why wouldn't he announce it BEFORE the game on Sunday, so the fans can honor him properly? Farve doesn't know yet....muchless his agent....and even less likely a friend of his agent!

exactly :joy:

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This has been a two year rollercoaster ride. Any source other than Brett himself is not reliable -- ask Donald Driver.

We will know when we know, but DePack is right on the mark -- if this were so loosely shared that it drifted to you, the media who seems obsessed with this issue would be all over it.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Doesn't sound very reliable, although I disagree with DePack's reasoning about Favre. I suspect that Favre very much does NOT want a big tribute when he walks out the door. That's why he would wait to make the announcement until after the final game, even if he's already made up his mind.

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
Doesn't sound very reliable, although I disagree with DePack's reasoning about Favre. I suspect that Favre very much does NOT want a big tribute when he walks out the door. That's why he would wait to make the announcement until after the final game, even if he's already made up his mind.

I don't disagree with you on that account Greg. However, those closest to Favre admit that they just don't know what he is going to do and that if they were giving odds they would change day-to-day.

DePack's logic/point I was agreeing with is a reliable rumor that would find its way into this forum and not the main stream press is highly unlikely given they have people working around the clock on it -- as it will be a great scoop for whoever breaks the story first.

OP
OP
P

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let me say this one more time. I never said it was reliable. It was something that my source supposedly heard first hand. I shared that information here as a point of discussion. There may be no truth to it, I don't know. So relax everyone. Everything regarding Brett is speculation at best. The only one who knows is Brett.

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
packedhouse01 said:
Let me say this one more time. I never said it was reliable. It was something that my source supposedly heard first hand. I shared that information here as a point of discussion. There may be no truth to it, I don't know. So relax everyone. Everything regarding Brett is speculation at best. The only one who knows is Brett.

I hope you didn't think I was ripping on you. If you know a rumor it is legit to share it, just as it is legit to question the validity of it. You are right on the Mark when you write, "The only one who knows is Brett" and even than it may depend upon the day and time.

For what it is worth -- Here is what Lenny P. is saying:

• The football world seems to hang on every utterance from Brett Favre, to try to read his intentions in every syllable he speaks, to accept every but as an indication that the future Pro Football Hall of Fame quarterback will return to the Packers in 2006. But for a second week in a row, ESPN.com spoke to a person very close to Favre who reiterated the 15-year veteran has yet to counsel with family members and weigh the pros and cons of continuing his career. "He might have some inkling," said the source, "but nothing's going to be decided, one way or another, until there's a sit-down with everyone and he hashes it all out. And that hasn't happened yet. At this point, as I've said to you before, it's all guesswork. No one knows yet what he's going to do, and that probably includes him." Notable, however, is that Green Bay coach Mike Sherman suggested this week that the Packers will seek a relatively expeditious resolution to the Favre situation once this dismal season ends.

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bruce:

Easy thing then...

Pros:

1.- He still has the skills, no doubt, the best to play the game according to Terry Bradshaw on sunday before the game.
2.- He is going to make 12,000,000.00 US lets think about the future of the kids of our grand kids, will say Deanna.
3.- He cant leave the game like that.
4.- His wife is Ok after the cancer issue and they can work more on their charities.
5.- You can tell by the look of his family last game that they still love the game and suffer and enjoy with it.

Cons:
1.- Will he get talent around him?
2.- Wil he get an intelligent OC and a good QBCoach?
3.- He needs more time to be around his family, but check #2 of the pros, he will have it and with no financial worries for a couple of generations..

So if I were Bret I will come back next year, AFTER I have a long talk with TT..

Members online

Latest posts