Apart from the packers, who are the most likely to square off in the Super Bowl?

Aussie124

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey guys, forgive me if this topic is in the inappropriate thread or is something that has been discussed previously, but Im new here and Im hoping you`l help me because Im trying to learn as much about the NFL as I can,

I was wondering guys, leaving the mighty Packers out of the equasion, who would be the two teams you see as most likely to play in the super bowl next yr?

Am I crazy to think the Redskins might challenge?

I`d love to hear everyones thoughts, Thanks mate!

ThinkICare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's really cliche to say but, the Patriots look to be even powerful then 2 years ago. For the NFC, I'll have to say the Eagles. I think Donovan still has another great season ahead of him with all the targets from last year and the new guy Maclin. They look to be powerful. I don't think the Redskins will go far next year with their current QB. Campbell just seems to be mediocre and doesn't look to be a SB poised QB. Just my two cents.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't see anyone better than the pats and steelers. The pats just got Burgess, so, yeah, they're good. And the steelers already have an amazing D, and their running game will be good with the Rbs healthy. And San Diego. San Diego is a great team, with Merriman back, they'll be contenders.

NFC I don't know. I would say the eagles, but they don't have weapons on their passing game (Maclin is a rookie, and Jackson is a midget), and their front 7 on D aren't really that good. They played so well because Jim Johnson was an absolut genius. The Giants have the great D and amazing running game, but without a standout Wr I don't know if they can be that great. But if I had to choose one team from the NFC, I would choose the Giants. Everyone's putting the Saints, but that's just a joke. No running game, no D. They will reach the playoffs, but not the SB. Atlanta is another joke, IMO. About the Redskins, every year they go and grab the best FA out there, and every year they fail. They're the contrary of us. Their have 0 chemistry. Arizona can surprise. They have the best passing game, a great OL, and a very solid D. But they lost all their coordinators...
-
All in all, outside us, I think Pats, Steelers, Chargers, Giants, Eagles. AFC is definitely better than NFC. But when everything's at stake, anything can happen.

robdog

Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah I am hoping San Diego can make it. There window is so small right now it is not even funny. Almost like this year is all or nothing for them.

dansz15

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't see anyone better than the pats and steelers. The pats just got Burgess, so, yeah, they're good. And the steelers already have an amazing D, and their running game will be good with the Rbs healthy. And San Diego. San Diego is a great team, with Merriman back, they'll be contenders.

NFC I don't know. I would say the eagles, but they don't have weapons on their passing game (Maclin is a rookie, and Jackson is a midget), and their front 7 on D aren't really that good. They played so well because Jim Johnson was an absolut genius. The Giants have the great D and amazing running game, but without a standout Wr I don't know if they can be that great. But if I had to choose one team from the NFC, I would choose the Giants. Everyone's putting the Saints, but that's just a joke. No running game, no D. They will reach the playoffs, but not the SB. Atlanta is another joke, IMO. About the Redskins, every year they go and grab the best FA out there, and every year they fail. They're the contrary of us. Their have 0 chemistry. Arizona can surprise. They have the best passing game, a great OL, and a very solid D. But they lost all their coordinators...
-
All in all, outside us, I think Pats, Steelers, Chargers, Giants, Eagles. AFC is definitely better than NFC. But when everything's at stake, anything can happen.

Peirre Thomas can break out. The Saints have loads of fire power but still are a little incomplete. Their players need to prove they can support Brees and stay healthy.

Chargers will be excellent, and could have the best 1-2 rushing in Sproles and LT. Jackson is becoming a monster WR, standing at 6-5 he'll grab anything.

The NFC is up for grabs. The great teams people talk about (NY, PHI) are missing key pieaces at WR. I am not sure who will make it out, if Wells can play well with Hightower in ARI I would not be surprised to see them back.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts