AP has a tear in "a ligament"

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Here is to it being a speedy and complete recovery is record time.

http://www.startribune.com/vikings/story/1545288.html

Standout rookie running back Adrian Peterson, who hurt his knee against the Green Bay Packers and left the game Sunday, has a torn ligament in his right knee and will not play next week, coach Brad Childress said today.
The injury was the bleakest moment in the Packers' 34-0 thumping of the Vikings in Green Bay.

Childress said that on a scale of 1 to 3, Peterson's tear is a 2-plus. "He's got a tear there," Childress said in his weekly news conference at Winter Park. "The knee is otherwise stable."

As for whether he's ruled out of Sunday's home game vs. the Oakland Raiders, Childress said, "I would think so, yes." Beyond that, the coach declined to speculate.

As for whether he's ruled out of Sunday's home game vs. the Oakland Raiders, Childress said, "I would think so, yes." Beyond that, the coach declined to speculate.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not glad the kid is hurt. He has been putting on quite a show.
Hope he can come back, and be as good as he was pre injury.

vikefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I saw the replay on the news last night and winced.

It looked like the same type of hit that Culpepper took from the Panthers that put his career into a tailspin.

Glad to hear it's not as serious.

PackinSteel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sounds like something that will heal up and not require surgery which is good. He has quite a future - just not at Lambeau!!

nathaniel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm glad it's not too serious. As much as I dislike the Vikings, I love watching that kid run. You can't deny that kind of talent.

TheKanataThrilla

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh man that stinks. I hope football fans don't start hating us more because we hurt the golden rookie :(

Anyone who would hate the Pack because of this is a moron. That play was so fast there was no way that it could be seen as intentional. Even in slow motion it just seemed like a very unfortunate incident. Definitely wince worthy though, and I am relieved that he also didn't suffer a neck injury on the hit.

I hope AP comes back soon as even though I dislike the Vikes, it is great when they have superstar athletes on their roster (like they did with Moss and Culpepper) as they force our Pack to keep pushing our team forward to remain one step ahead of them.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh man that stinks. I hope football fans don't start hating us more because we hurt the golden rookie :(
Ryan Grant took harder hits on his legs then AP did. It wasn't a cheap shot, it was just one of those things.

V

Vikeman

It wasn't bad luck! This is so Minnesota Vikings football baby.

Perhaps the greatest rookie to enter the nfl, on pace to shatter multiple running records gets hurt by an overrated below average cornerback who used to be Minnesota's b*tch and plays for the Vikings arch rival. He gets hurt just enough to sit out but be back next year to get hurt again.

He didn't get hurt from a fluke from a toothpick with dreads...he got hurt necause HE IS A VIKING! Gary Anderson didn't miss that field goal after being perfect all year due to bad luck....HE MISSED IT BECAUSE HE IS A VIKING! Only a Red Sox fan could understand what I' saying...and even they were paid off eventually.

This is why I believe Viking fans are some of the loyalist fans around. It takes tough skin to be a Viking fan because it hurts to be one. Anyone can be a Packer fan. Even if you suck for 25 years like they did in the 70's and 80's you still have something to lean on.

V

Vikeman

DarkaneRules said:
Ryan Grant took harder hits on his legs then AP did. It wasn't a cheap shot, it was just one of those things.

He did...really?

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:
DarkaneRules said:

He did...really?
Yes......he did. I watched the game, and even recorded the "good" parts. (All the Packer scoring drives.) The one play in particular, Grant got NAILED in the left leg, somehow recovered his balance and gained a few more yards. I expected him to go down and not get up. Yet he kept going.
AP's hit was just one of those freak injuries. Normally a guy gets hit like that, and gets up. I honestly was shocked to see him down after that play. His cleat must have been stuck in the ground when he was hit. A split second earlier or later, and he gets knocked down, but not injured.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It wasn't bad luck! This is so Minnesota Vikings football baby.

Perhaps the greatest rookie to enter the nfl, on pace to shatter multiple running records gets hurt by an overrated below average cornerback who used to be Minnesota's b*tch and plays for the Vikings arch rival. He gets hurt just enough to sit out but be back next year to get hurt again.

He didn't get hurt from a fluke from a toothpick with dreads...he got hurt necause HE IS A VIKING! Gary Anderson didn't miss that field goal after being perfect all year due to bad luck....HE MISSED IT BECAUSE HE IS A VIKING! Only a Red Sox fan could understand what I' saying...and even they were paid off eventually.

This is why I believe Viking fans are some of the loyalist fans around. It takes tough skin to be a Viking fan because it hurts to be one. Anyone can be a Packer fan. Even if you suck for 25 years like they did in the 70's and 80's you still have something to lean on.
I can understand your frustration........but your post, to quote "Mr. Spock" is "Not logical". Not in any way. AP is, and hopefully will return to be, a great RB. Just because he is a Viking has NOTHING to do with the fact that he got hurt. If that were the case, he never would have got 296 rushing yards the week before. He would have sucked from the beginning if it was some kind of "Viking" curse. And to belittle the guy that tackled him....well, i don't agree with your assesment that he's overrated. I think he's pretty darn good. Alot better then who we play against last weekend.
AP got hurt because he got hurt. Nothing more, nothing less.
Gary Anderson was PERFECT through the season on field goals. Yes, he missed the biggest one of the year, but if it were some kind of curse, he also would have sucked all year. You can't put it all on him, or some non existant curse. It was a TEAM collapse, not just Anderson.
As far as loyal fans.........Viking fans are no more or no less loyal then any other fan. Look at the Lions (sorry Big3) thay haven't had alot to cheer about, yet many of them remain loyal. You bring up the 1970's and 80's. I LIVED through that 20 plus year horror story. I was LAUGHED AT for remaining loyal. More times then i could count! I sat every week, watching my beloved team on TV (as even though they SUCKED, every game was STILL a sell out!) so how's THAT for loyalty? Trust me.......after 10,15, 20 years, having something to "lean on" doesn't really help a whole lot. I was a little kid when we won SB one and two, and don't have a real strong memory of them. So even though i saw them on TV, and made scrapbooks and all, i was only 9 when it happened. So it was a LONG dry spell for me as a Packer fan.
I give you credit for remaining loyal to your team!
Remember..............you don't love them because they are good, you love them because they are YOURS.

V

Vikeman

I don't expect you to understand because you are not a Viking fan. You can't relate because you have not suffered through the hardships Viking fans have. Geezuss fricking Chr******* where do I begin with this franchise and the hurt it's caused it's fans?

If Joe Montana, Brett Favre or Jerry Rice started off in Minnesota. They would have been cursed as well. I knew something was coming around the corner to kick me in the nuts again. Things were looking up for this franchise...it's the way of the Vikings. Being a fan of a team like this makes you think this way. So once again...you don't understand.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I don't expect you to understand because you are not a Viking fan. You can't relate because you have not suffered through the hardships Viking fans have. Geezuss fricking Chr******* where do I begin with this franchise and the hurt it's caused it's fans?

If Joe Montana, Brett Favre or Jerry Rice started off in Minnesota. They would have been cursed as well. I knew something was coming around the corner to kick me in the nuts again. Things were looking up for this franchise...it's the way of the Vikings. Being a fan of a team like this makes you think this way. So once again...you don't understand.
Well.......I'm sorry it's turned out that way for you. Other then a few outbursts aimed at me, i'm willing to bet you are an OK guy! I understand the frustration.....even if you don't think i do. But there's really nothing i can do about it. I may be a fan of a different team then you, but I'm NOT your enemy!

V

Vikeman

I'm not playing a violen cheesey. Just conveying to you why Viking fans are the way they are. I passed frustration 12 seasons ago. Now it's a challenge to see how long I can hold the reins.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not glad the kid is hurt. He has been putting on quite a show.
Hope he can come back, and be as good as he was pre injury.

Well, so much for him beating ****erson. D***! I was really hoping AP would beat ****erson's record. I like him a lot and never liked ****erson.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score

You may be younger than me or Cheesy, but we lived through the 70s and 80s Packers. If you are younger, then you don't remember that every year, you'd sweep us and the best we could do is wish for a 7-7 (and later 8-8) season. I think before Favre, we had 1972, 1982, and 1989 where we had a winning record. That's it.

You guys or the Bears would always be in 1st place in our division.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Vikeman said:

You may be younger than me or Cheesy, but we lived through the 70s and 80s Packers. If you are younger, then you don't remember that every year, you'd sweep us and the best we could do is wish for a 7-7 (and later 8-8) season. I think before Favre, we had 1972, 1982, and 1989 where we had a winning record. That's it.

Yup Zombie! Thats what I'm trying to convey to our purple friend. Back then, i didn't see a light at the end of the tunnel. Then all of the sudden, WHAM! Wolf, Holmgren, Favre White, and everything changed.
Vikeman.....if it's getting to you THAT much, maybe it's TIME for you to switch teams. I mean, i know i never could. The Packers are a part of my entire life. I knew them back when i was just a little kid. I don't know where you live, or if you are a lifetime Viking fan or what. But when it totally stops bringing you joy, and is more of a pain then fun, maybe a new start will help you.
When it becomes a challenge to see if you can hang on.........maybe it's time to let go. It's "******" into me to be a Packer fan. I AM "CHEESEY!"

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zombieslayer said:
Vikeman said:

Yup Zombie! Thats what I'm trying to convey to our purple friend. Back then, i didn't see a light at the end of the tunnel. Then all of the sudden, WHAM! Wolf, Holmgren, Favre White, and everything changed.
Vikeman.....if it's getting to you THAT much, maybe it's TIME for you to switch teams. I mean, i know i never could. The Packers are a part of my entire life. I knew them back when i was just a little kid. I don't know where you live, or if you are a lifetime Viking fan or what. But when it totally stops bringing you joy, and is more of a pain then fun, maybe a new start will help you.
When it becomes a challenge to see if you can hang on.........maybe it's time to let go. It's "******" into me to be a Packer fan. I AM "CHEESEY!"

Well, for me, there was something to look forward to - James Lofton's stats. I'd see how many yards he got in our loss. ;)

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh yeah! Lofton was fun too watch! He pretty much was our offense back then.
A couple years ago, I pulled an autograph redemption card for a signed football card by Javon Walker. (This was before he became a jerk) Well, he never sign the cards for Upper Deck, so they sent me a "replacement" autograph. I don't remember who it was, but it wasn't a Packer. So i wrote them back and told them how dissatisfied i was with what they sent me, that I was a Packer fan and didn't appreciate getting some no name player from a different team. Several weeks later, I got an autographed card of James Lofton! So it worked out really well for me!

Fuzznuts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
or second guy who hurt him.

If you watch the replay, the second guy hits him in the knee with his helmet.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts