1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

anyone...

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by arrowgargantuan, Apr 13, 2005.

1. arrowgargantuan

arrowgargantuan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    anybody getting into basketball right about now? this is when the games start getting really competetive. if you aren't, you should since the playoffs are right around the corner...and especially since we have no real football until september...and baseball is a great sport to bring a book to...and so on and so on. ok ill stop now.

2. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    If you can promise something as awesome as the Pistions slapping up the Lakers again, I'll be there!!!

3. arrowgargantuan

Ratings:
    +4
    nice.

we are united by our hate for the lakers...i'll do you one better, their not even gonna make the playoffs!! hahahahahaha!!!

the pundits are calling for a Heat/Spurs match up in the finals, but i don't know about the Spurs with that god-awful road record they have...and of course anybody in the east will have to deal with Detroit. those dudes are scrappy as hell, so you'd be a fool to count them out.

4. Rhino58

Rhino58 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah, I've been following basketball. Is Duncan back yet?

5. arrowgargantuan

Ratings:
    +4
    yeah he was activated on wednesday.

http://www.sanantoniospursnews.com/play ... tim_duncan

im gonna be loving these playoffs. i usually kinda sleepwalk through the first 3/4 of the season, mostly because my Warriors hopes are destroyed by then anyways...but ever since we traded for Baron Davis we've been on a tear!! so as long as he can stay healthy, it looks like we'll finally be contenders in the west again. god im pumped for next season, haven't looked forward to a basketball season since mullin and company were over here. it's been about a decade, how sad. hahaha

6. yooperfan

yooperfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Go Suns Go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. arrowgargantuan

Ratings:
    +4
    yeah the Suns are lookin pretty scary this year, that Nash addition was no joke. he's a front runner for mvp for sure.

8. Rhino58

Rhino58 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I just hope the Bucks will make the right moves in the offseason so we can start next season off right. Maybe Ford will come back....

9. jdlax

jdlax Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm by no means an NBA fan, but I will definately hope the local boy(Nash) can take his boys all the way.

10. Rhino58

Rhino58 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Did you hear the latest? Ford is back on court. (But not playing, yet.)

11. arrowgargantuan

Ratings:
    +4
    T.J.?

did you see that spurs game tonight? with the mis-queued game clock at the end? crazy game...

12. fondypackfan

fondypackfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    The Suns are the only team worth watching the NBA is garbage is too hard to watch with so little scoring and poor offense. I miss the NBA of the late 80's early 90's when it was actually fun to watch. Thats one of the reason that I hope they put an age limit on NBA draftees that should improve the quality of play a bit.

13. arrowgargantuan

Ratings:
    +4
    then take away Kevin Garnett, Kobe Bryant, Lebron James among countless others.

i actually agree with raising the age limit, just playing devil's advocate for a sec.

also...the Suns are far from the only team worth watching.

little scoring? poor offense? i don't even know where to begin with that one. you could make a much better case for poor defense in the NBA. although after they let em play zone i think its improved on the whole quite a bit. as well as added a bit more strategy to the game.

14. fondypackfan

fondypackfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Right those are the exceptions to the age limit rule and most didn't start playing well until after the age of 20 there are far more who were never drafted or drafted and never played, plus it would improve the college game greatly. The average scored has dropped probably 10 points in the last 10 years I don't think more then 5 teams averaged 100 pts/game this year so yes poor offense, shooting etc...

15. arrowgargantuan

Ratings:
    +4
    check out this article..he kind of agrees with both of us, although it is a little over 2 years old.

http://www.insidehoops.com/shooting-121503.shtml

i guess my original point was that basketball is still exciting for me, i love watching the Rockets, Suns, 76ers, Heat, Pistons, Nuggets(as of late), and the Sonics. did you see that Cavs game last night? it was a great game to watch, despite the fact that Boston rested Pierce and Walker in the 4th....and that 76ers game a couple night ago was unbelievable. this is all due to season coming to a close within the next few days. playoffs baby..

16. Rhino58

Rhino58 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm kind of going for Chicago for some reason. It looks like a good matchup with the Wizards in the play-offs. I thought I'd pick one series a round to watch this year.

17. arrowgargantuan

Ratings:
    +4
    yeah...i completely blanked on the Bulls!!

they are goin crazy this year...definately a team to keep an eye on.

18. IPBprez

IPBprez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5
    No one here probably gives our local Team any real credit - they are, after all, former ABA Stars.... and not to be considered actual NBA attendees from what I hear all the time...

But, the Pacers are actualy giving the Pistons a run for their money if any of ya have been watching - they have absolutely NO answer for our Center, Jeff Foster!

Did anyone see the game last night?
    Outstanding - especially since it's Reggie Miller's last hurrah!

19. arrowgargantuan

Ratings:
    +4
    yeah not a bad game at all..they looked out of it in the first half, but they got their act together in the third and put it on em. nice to see this series at least tied up, but with you guys missing Artest it's gonna be tough to compete with that Piston bench. i still think that series belongs to Detroit...

did anybody see that Suns/Mavs game last night??? great game. came down to the last shot...thats a series to keep an eye on right there. a lot of potential for some good games.

20. IPBprez

IPBprez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5
    Thanks AG - but I think the Pacers will keep it interesting all they way into the 7th game - something akin to the Packer/Knicks series where the Refs took it from us, for real!

Suspend Stern - is all I gotta say!

21. arrowgargantuan

Ratings:
    +4
    oh yeah, i dont care who wins so i just want a competetive series...lets hope for a game 7.