Anyone worried about our ground game now!???

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You are under the thought that Ted will use a HIGH draft pick for someone..

Grant was drafted for a 6th

So look for a back that would be had for a 5th or 6th other wise dont hold your breath

Now if they decide to trade a player and a pick then yeah, maybe someone is out there

I'd give up a 4th round pick for Stewart or Lynch. I wouldn't trade a 1st, 2nd or 3rd rounder.

REMEMBER: GB lost Kampman. His compensatory pick will probably be a 3rd or 4th round pick. It'll be like trading Kampman for a RB.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
The Packers left themselves extremely thin at RB by keeping three fullbacks and only two halfbacks. Now, the Pack are down to one halfback and guy signed off Atlanta's practice squad.

Tells us....2007 the back we had came from where?

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

You say the Giants practice squad?

and how far did he take us in 07?

Thanks for pointing out how silly your argument is

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I'd give up a 4th round pick for Stewart or Lynch. I wouldn't trade a 1st, 2nd or 3rd rounder.

REMEMBER: GB lost Kampman. His compensatory pick will probably be a 3rd or 4th round pick. It'll be like trading Kampman for a RB.

Next year not this year and if not mistaken it goes towards the DRAFT

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tells us....2007 the back we had came from where?

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

You say the Giants practice squad?

and how far did he take us in 07?

Thanks for pointing out how silly your argument is

You're totally right... every practice squad running running back is the next Ryan Grant

And my arguement is silly :happy0005:

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We still have James Starks on the PUP list, so technically we have two HB's and 3 FB's. Starks will be available after week 6, though much of that depends on how well he rehabs.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
You're totally right... every practice squad running running back is the next Ryan Grant

And my arguement is silly :happy0005:

It is silly cuz they saw something in Grant at the time...And isnt it odd that with in a day they signed a guy to take his place?

Something tells me just like with Grant Edgar and Ted been searching for backs before the season started and had their eye on this guy

But lets just assume the worse just to make you happy

The real point is, stop the damn whining and complaining...Wait till season really gets going and see how it pans out..We had people doing that in 07 and they were ALL WRONG

Spanish Rose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It is silly cuz they saw something in Grant at the time...And isnt it odd that with in a day they signed a guy to take his place?

Something tells me just like with Grant Edgar and Ted been searching for backs before the season started and had their eye on this guy

The real point is, stop the damn whining and complaining...Wait till season really gets going and see how it pans out..We had people doing that in 07 and they were ALL WRONG
although i agree with you that there is not need to panic RIGHT NOW.. i wouldnt call his argument so silly.. heres the hindsight to your theory.. could it be that TT got really really lucky with grant? could it also be that they signed this guy within a day because grants out?? i mean thats kinda obvious and dont even know why you would point that out..if they thought this guy was going to be good before why not grab him before someone else got the chance to.. i mean gado was doin pretty well when they got grant so then yes they must have seen something in him, but this pick up seems to me merely because our number 1 back is out and we are thin at rb.. i mean that just seems pretty obvious once again

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
They had their eye on Grant but liked who they had on the roster at the time...and then someone got hurt? Was it Gado?

Same thing here now....maybe liked that guy but didnt want to use a roster spot, but with Grant out they got him real fast cuz they knew all about him

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
although i agree with you that there is not need to panic RIGHT NOW.. i wouldnt call his argument so silly.. heres the hindsight to your theory.. could it be that TT got really really lucky with grant? could it also be that they signed this guy within a day because grants out?? i mean thats kinda obvious and dont even know why you would point that out..if they thought this guy was going to be good before why not grab him before someone else got the chance to.. i mean gado was doin pretty well when they got grant so then yes they must have seen something in him, but this pick up seems to me merely because our number 1 back is out and we are thin at rb.. i mean that just seems pretty obvious once again

I like the way you think

If this guy was soooo good, why did 30 other NFL teams not sign him?

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I'm not panicing nor complaining. I still think GB goes 13-3 this year with or without Grant.

My problem is that Jackson never panned out, thus the need to trade for Grant. Now Jackson is the starter and being backed up by a guy didn't make an opening day roster. I realize Grant was a practice squad player, but not all practice squad players are future Pro-Bowlers.

I would just like to see established talent at RB.

rawalabhay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the running game will improve a bit, pass protection improves, opens up screen play options, check down option is open for Rodgers. Grant is good but Jackson should improve after he gets a few games under him.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
The reason people on the board are worried are because this is supposed to be a Super Bowl year. The Packers left themselves extremely thin at RB by keeping three fullbacks and only two halfbacks. Now, the Pack are down to one halfback and guy signed off Atlanta's practice squad.

There is no dominat team this year in the NFC. The Cowboys, Vikings and Falcons showed their weaknesses this weekend. The SB is wide open.

sorry Jackson, Kuhn and now Nance are listed as h/b..

Hall and Quin will be the FB

NICKBARNETT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All I have to say is grant wasn't going to put up his big stats he got 1200 last year but with Finley the whole year and better protection he wasn't going to get alot of carries just enough to stay balanced

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i just told my sister that jackson and kuhn plus finnley plus w.r i dont know they all seem to want to play hard and you can have the best backs who dont get the yards ap when they play us we seem to stop him you dont always,get the big yards but jackson gets positives that works for me.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
I know it's bad loosing him buy how smart does mm look for keeping 3fbs?

Although Kuhn was listed as a FB, he always seemed more like a HB/FB hybrid. Or maybe I'm just saying that to comfort myself now. lol

Also, I think if we were going to have a problem with an injury, it's better to have it at the beginning of the season so that the backup player has a chance to settle into the role all year as well as allow the coaches to work on changing the schemes to best work that player into the offense.

Reaction score
They are going to use Jackson and Kuhn as their Rbs. Plus they guy they just signed. We don't need to gain 200 rushing yards a game to win. All we need is a 100 rushing yards total from all our Running backs. Then throw for 300 plus yards.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
I've seen Johnathan Stewart floated in this thread. Unless you feel like dealing a 1 and a 2 (hell might need a 3 or 4 in there too), that isn't happening. He's very young, he was a recent first round pick, and he's REALLY good. Like, franchise back good on any other team that doesn't already have a franchise back.

Hell, he's miles better than the guy we just lost. And the guy we just lost is pretty good.

I'd take a flier on Willie Parker. Injury prone, sure, but he was good recently and he'll come cheap. No lose scenario.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Sutton bothers me a lot now. He looked like an NFL running back.

Lumpkin just looked like a dude that was physical to me. Not much else. But Sutton could run.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts