Anyone watch steelers vs. Browns thursday night?

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong, there's really no way in hell Pittsburgh wins this game on paper - they've got poor pass protection, no running game, average defense .... but, how often over the past 5 years has Green Bay often played "down" to their level of competition?

I just think Pitt isn't out of it yet and they're gonna release the hounds. Green Bay isn't anywhere as in need as Pitt. And, if Green Bay has to lose to an opponent, make it an AFC opponent.
I still think Pittsburgh is favorite. I'd think, regardless of their current state, that the current SB champions, when playing at home, are favorites against anyone.

However, considering their current state, our current state, and, IMHO the most important aspect, Polamalu's absense, this game is much more winnable than what predicted early in the season. I, for one, never even considered a Packers win at Heinze Field.

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I still think Pittsburgh is favorite. I'd think, regardless of their current state, that the current SB champions, when playing at home, are favorites against anyone.

However, considering their current state, our current state, and, IMHO the most important aspect, Polamalu's absense, this game is much more winnable than what predicted early in the season. I, for one, never even considered a Packers win at Heinze Field.

Exactly - on paper Green Bay wins handily. BUT, the "other shoe" thing.

I mean, it used to take divine intervention to beat Pitt and that was even at Green Bay. Remember back when, when Green Bay needed to beat Pitt (at Lambeau) to get into the playoffs and Yancy Thigpen dropped a cupcake TD pass??? It took that type of monumental breakdown of Pitt to win.

And, certainly each season is an independent event...but I certainly wouldn't put much money on Green Bay. Pitt is now the wounded animal that you do not want to corner. Even if Green Bay were undefeated, I still would not expect Green Bay to win.

We'll see, though. First things first - beating a decrepit Bears squad. Certainly wouldn't surprise me to see the Bears pull it out.

DILLIGAFF

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Stop living in the past, the past does not dictate the future. Keep the faith, Pack 12-4, vikings 11-5.

Pack will beat the Steelers handily, 28 - 10.

I agree any given Sunday, but thats only true if your team does not show up, the Pack will show up. They learned their lesson at Tampa.

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Stop living in the past, the past does not dictate the future.

Not sure why I added the "every season is an independent event", because it was obviously not comprehended.

Maybe I thought it would alert the reader that I believe past seasons have no bearing on future successes or failures - but, alas, I was wrong. :)

At any rate, we'll all find out soon enough. Just don't count me in on the bandwagon suddenly (just as I had predicted a mere month ago) teaming with homers, believers and Kool-Aid drinkers.:happy0005:

Green_Bay_Packers

Cheesehead
Reaction score

the current SB champions, when playing at home, are favorites against anyone.

That is the answer Green Bay will have to earn the win, they cant show up and win cause if they do the Steelers will beat us badly.

CM_Awesome

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the current SB champions, when playing at home, are favorites against anyone.

That is the answer Green Bay will have to earn the win, they cant show up and win cause if they do the Steelers will beat us badly.

Agreed.

The one thing going for us is how bad their locker room is. It's gotten out of control.

doughsellz

Cheesehead
Reaction score

The Pack has never won in Pittsburgh. Bruce Gradkowski, a native of Pittsburgh, was able to go there & beat his hometown team with the Raiders last week. Maybe it's MM's turn for a hometown boy to make good in the Steel City. Go Pack GO!!! Beat the Bears! Stop the Steelers! Sack the Seahawks! Can the Cardinals! Playoffs here we come!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts