Anyone want to share the Packer-Roughrider (CFL) experience?

CanadianPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hi All,
Hello from the Great White North - Saskatchewan Canada. I've been a Packer fan since I was about 15 years old, I'm now 52. I live up in Saskatchewan Canada.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

I first started cheering for the Packers because they seemed a lot like our CFL team here, the Saskatchewan RoughRiders in that they were a "small market" team and the only team that wasn't privately owned. Even though our RoughRiders come from the smallest market in Canada, they have the biggest fan base across Canada of any CFL team, by far. There are only two sports franchises in Canada that sell more fan merchandise across the country (the NHL Maple Leafs and Canadians). The Packer fans are called cheese-heads, the Rider fans are called Mellon-heads (some fans wear hollowed out water-melons on their head to the game because of our green helmets). There are a LOT of similarities.

Anyway, one of the things on my "bucket list" is to attend a game at Lambeau Field before I die. I'm looking to find a Packer season ticket holder who is interested in the CFL. What I'd like to do is to set up a swap of the Packer-RoughRider experience. I would like to attend a game at Lambeau and then have that person come up to Saskatchewan for our Labour Day Classic game (early September vs. Winnipeg), which is ALWAYS the biggest, most fun game of the season.

If anyone is interested, please get in touch with me.

GO RIDERS GO & GO PACKERS!!!!!!!!!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts