Anyone proud of this loss?

ThePerfectBeard

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Because i know i am! Way to go matty! We pretty much handed the patriots butt to them tonight with a second string team and quarter back! Great game and i know ive been negative about MM, but he called a great game tonight. I wish he called these type of games every day/night! I know ill hear flack, but he hasnt called that many good games all year... Good Game Guys! Hats off!:happy0005:

JCpackers04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i cant be proud of a loss. this one hurts even more than the game against Atlanta. mainly because this time we had them and blew it.

loved the play calling
loved the run game
loved flynn

but still a loss is a loss and have work to do to get into the playoffs.

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
Yes, I've never been more proud of our team.

Say what you will about what we could have done. 13 starters on IR, backup QB, and we lost to the SB favorites at home by 4.

I'm DAMN proud of our team.

dbain21

Chicagoland Packer Fan
Reaction score
I feel dirty saying it, but honestly i'm proud of the way we played and feel more good than bad right now. Plus if we win its obviously great, but that would make the giants-packers game a little less urgent, and in the big picture of things the giants game is much more important than this pats game.

OP
OP
ThePerfectBeard

ThePerfectBeard

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ya this one hurts, but with a back up QB most had us pinned as a blow out.. We showed up! If we didnt underestimate teams like washington, miami, and detroit we would roll. Healthy we are unstoppable as long as we are coached right. WE CANNOT LOSE CAPERS THOUGH!

TheGiftedApe

TheGiftedApe
Reaction score
nope never proud of a loss, that is not good thinking imo. Keep thinking like that and soon enough you will be a detroit lions fans. There are no "good" losses, I'm glad it was close and somewhat impressed that the packers made a game of it. But once again this team shows the ability to not just shoot itself in the foot, but continue to blow its entire leg off...

DTown SBrown

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Honestly, The only thing I am happy about is that this was a throw away game.

Our players played their hearts out, but again when it counted, it wasnt enough. Losing to the Lions and losing to the Pats by the same stretch is solely on the COACH. The players obviously have the talent. they have the heart. The coaches have the talent and also the heart, which was apparent tonite. What they lack all around is the disipline to win a game when their nuts are out. When it is on the line. We have not won a single game that was against an even mediocre opponent when the game was on the line.

That last series, with the wasted timeouts, with the confusion on the final play just showed it in Prime-time. Say what you will about an inexperienced QB out there, but I saw 11 guys with no timeouts and precious seconds ticking off, all going back to a huddle. NOT one veteran player knew the gravity of the situation.

That is lack of discipline highlighted to its most finite of degrees.

That rests solely on coaching.

MM has shown he cannot coach up. His best he can put forward is coaching to an opponents degree, never past it.

Its was a great plan tonight that came up short. It was a horrible plan against the likes of WAS, DET (both win and loss) BUF, the Bears, the Falcons, etc. etc. etc.

Whenever I look at MM, I see a coach who has overachieved to the point of parody. You dont continue to suffer close game losses over the entire period of being a head coach by accident. I am sure MM will continue to, if he is allowed, give us years similar to this one and last.

Always on the brink. Think about other coaches who have done this in the modern era, with TALENTED teams around them:

Dennis Green
Dave Weihnstat
Mike Tice
Andy Reid
Wade Phillips
Marty Schottenheimer
Norv Turner
etc...

That can be seen in every game he coaches.

I have zero faith that he can coach a team PAST any opponent he faces, to take a team to a level that SURPASSES their ability.

That is what GREAT coaches do.

I think he has brought this team as far as he can. Injuries and other things non exempt. He isnt the guy to do it.

I am sure I will hear about how well he coached this game, but again, the decision he has made throughout the tenure he has here cost us again. Anything under a microscope will be overexamined, but his clutch games, with now 3 QBs, 1 a 1st ballot HOFer, 1 a rising, if not already star in the NFL, and the last a player that several NFL team scouts are saying they would trade a 1st round pick for, as he is a QB of the future ala Phillip Rivers, and NO CLOSE GAME WINS when trailing in the fourth quarter.

This is now 4 seasons running.

Im sorry, but Mike will never return our trophy to us.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hell yeah!!! I wanted to have Flynn's kittens for most of that game. He was brilliant and made us proud despite the last play. I can't hold that against him. I'm not proud so much that we lost, I'm proud of how we played and measured up. It gives me hope!!!! Go Pack Go!!!!!!!!

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's important to know something about the final play of the game. Yes, McCarthy should have been prepared either way, but in his presser he said he had no idea whether it was 4th down or 1st. That changes the playcall because if it's first, we spike the ball and gear up for an end zone push. 4th down we have to go for it since there's not enough time to get the first AND spike the ball.

Just sayin.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
It's important to know something about the final play of the game. Yes, McCarthy should have been prepared either way, but in his presser he said he had no idea whether it was 4th down or 1st. That changes the playcall because if it's first, we spike the ball and gear up for an end zone push. 4th down we have to go for it since there's not enough time to get the first AND spike the ball.

Just sayin.

Ok, now I'm a little pissed at McCarthy.

I'm not calling for his head, though.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ok, now I'm a little pissed at McCarthy.

I'm not calling for his head, though.

Sorry, I mis-characterized the situation. He said he didn't know what down it was because the refs had no idea whether we got the first on the previous play or not. Said it took them some time to sort it out, which caused us to lose valuable time.

What I don't get though is why we didn't get them to pull out the chains? If there was a question, we should have had the chains come out, if for no other reason than to give us a time out to call a play.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It will never cease to amaze me that people consider a failed play the coaches fault, you know where they called long on a 4th and 1.
I want to be clear, does everyone here understand that on any given play the QB has several options for the pass? The plays are designed to give him multiple options, that's why offenses like GBs are so prolific, we have alot of weapons.
Does anybody at all think they call for a long ball down the si9delines to a given receiver?
Seriously, I'm a bit confused sometimes about people's understanding of the game and calling out the coaches. If they don't run enough it's bad play calling, if they run when it's not productive it's bad play calling.
Look, even if the run game is not productive, you have to do it to make the threat to the "D". Look at other teams forums to see what they think of our run game. So you have to at least threaten it to do play action don't you? Further, if your run game is poor, all the more reason for them to overpursue it and leave short passes underneath open.
Before naysayers jump on McCarthy and his staff for not winning the close ones, consider that it's entirely possible they win them all and then you'd be singing their praises. It's not poor coaching when you're in it against good teams, it's not poor coaching when you loose to middling teams, it's "parity" and it's the NFL's way of keeping us watching.
Without injuries, you either don't know or you should know, Green Bay is in the infancy of a dynasty when dynasties are not the norm.

Well said!

It's also not poor coaching when you go to the home field of the best team in the NFL with a second string QB and give them one hell of a run for their money.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
It will never cease to amaze me that people consider a failed play the coaches fault, you know where they called long on a 4th and 1.
I want to be clear, does everyone here understand that on any given play the QB has several options for the pass? The plays are designed to give him multiple options, that's why offenses like GBs are so prolific, we have alot of weapons.
Does anybody at all think they call for a long ball down the si9delines to a given receiver?

They think that MM tells Matt in headset only throw it to Quarless on the left sideline for 30 yards on a 3rd and long

Dont look for Jones crossing 6 yards middle of field while he is wide open

gatorpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Seriously, I'm a bit confused sometimes about people's understanding of the game and calling out the coaches. If they don't run enough it's bad play calling, if they run when it's not productive it's bad play calling.
Look, even if the run game is not productive, you have to do it to make the threat to the "D". Look at other teams forums to see what they think of our run game. So you have to at least threaten it to do play action don't you? Further, if your run game is poor, all the more reason for them to overpursue it and leave short passes underneath open.
Before naysayers jump on McCarthy and his staff for not winning the close ones, consider that it's entirely possible they win them all and then you'd be singing their praises. It's not poor coaching when you're in it against good teams, it's not poor coaching when you loose to middling teams, it's "parity" and it's the NFL's way of keeping us watching.
Without injuries, you either don't know or you should know, Green Bay is in the infancy of a dynasty when dynasties are not the norm.
Great post. Im just to lazy to write all that lol

gatorpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yawn.. woud could play with 10 guys all game long and lose by one pt and some would still be pissed. Its the coaches fault.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts