Anyone know anything about this guy (RB)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Technicality my ***, its the truth. I wanted a proven RB when the Packers still had a Super Bowl team on the field. Check the dates of the posts. I haven't asked for a new RB in over two weeks.

I want Jackson to do what he does best... be a 3rd down back and pick up the blitz.

I do not want him as the every down back

TY

You dont want him... but guess what, we got him

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If we go 8-8 it's not b/c of Jackson, you could blame it on AROD or too many INJURIES...but my CRYSTAL BALL will not let me see that far into the future

Packman Chant

Lambeau West
Reaction score
I think Jackson is doin well, he play wonderful against Minn. Like said above we just need to run more. I think the draw is working. OLINE looking better. We dont need to look for anyone.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nance is being groomed for the 3rd down role here.... he's strong and should be a good blocker, and apparently they think he's a good receiver. He's taking over Jackson's old role there, while Jackson is going to be the featured back, as we see. And Kooooooon is the bull.

But what about when Jackson goes down as all our players do this year? Then who?
That's why Davis would be a good move. Remember, Kooooooon is really a FB and you can keep him.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Jackson is doin well, he play wonderful against Minn. Like said above we just need to run more. I think the draw is working. OLINE looking better. We dont need to look for anyone.

Yuppers! I'm feelin BJax too! I liked what I saw from him not only in the Minn game but the Skins and Fins game as well. He needs time to develop. All those veteran RBs mentioned started from somewhere. Don't forget there is a such thing as Kuhn as well. Our running game is far from perfect but it has improved since the start of the season. It really just goes to show you how big of a loss Grant was. We wouldn't be going though all this if we hadn't of lost him! Purrs to Grant!!!

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ryan Grant did well behind a worse line last year.

Regarding the tackles, Clifton is playing his best in the past three years. Bulaga, the 1st round pick, is starting over Tauscher.

Profootball focus has Clifton, Tauscher, Colledge and Bulaga as the 4 of the 5 worst players on the packers offense. Good thing they know what they are talking about :)

Clifton played well last night, I will give him that.

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
I'll support Jackson when he does get more carries and he continues to perform. I'm still not convinced that defense's are even concerned about our running game. That, combined with the fact that we do abandon the run to some degree in every game, means that I don't think Jackson is necessarily a #1 back.

HOWEVER, I think he's doing everything we need of him right now and since we don't need a Chris Johnson or an Adrian Peterson, because we don't need a stellar run game with the pass game we have, it's not a huge priority.

What I really don't get is why we would need to get one right now especially since we still have 2 RBs in Nance and Starks who we haven't even seen run yet! Don't get me wrong, I was all for Lynch and possibly Barber or DWill when they were "possibilities." For the prices proposed, they seemed like good deals.

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
All I have to say is.. the inside hand-off to the fullback (Kuhn) in goal-line situations does not work anymore. We've run that to death and MM needs to read this and chalk up something else.

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All I have to say is.. the inside hand-off to the fullback (Kuhn) in goal-line situations does not work anymore. We've run that to death and MM needs to read this and chalk up something else.

yea, that was garbage, probably could have gotten another score if we converted that one, no QB sneak, I wonder if MM is more worried about Rodger's health this year then last year

Big Dan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would hope that since Jackson had good production on a very limited amount of carries, he'll get more opportunities this week. I would also really hope that he doesn't disappoint.

And wtf was with Al Michaels referring to carries as "totes?" Is he trying to start yet another lame buzzword for the 12-year-olds?

I am firmly on record, right now, as stating "The first person that uses 'totes' on here is officially an ***-hat."

Packerfury

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't see why we need an elite rb or anything. I mean did the saints have an elite running back? No, Pierre thomas is okay, but he's not great. What about the colts? You tellig me defenses really fear addai? And Jackson is doing everything we are asking of him lately. Back to back games he has accounted for over 100 yds from scrimmage and is averaging over 4.5 ypc. He's getting it done as much as you could ask. Jenningslongcatch, come on man. Were fine at rb. It's our d I'm more worried about with all of these injuries.

SCpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't see why we need an elite rb or anything. I mean did the saints have an elite running back? No, Pierre thomas is okay, but he's not great. What about the colts? You tellig me defenses really fear addai? And Jackson is doing everything we are asking of him lately. Back to back games he has accounted for over 100 yds from scrimmage and is averaging over 4.5 ypc. He's getting it done as much as you could ask. Jenningslongcatch, come on man. Were fine at rb. It's our d I'm more worried about with all of these injuries.

I couldnt agree more. Im more worried about the Dline at this point than I am about our RB situation.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I've been saying this ALL SEASON LONG, ever since Grant was lost for the year. I don't give a rats behind what Lynch does in Seattle, we were right to wait and see what we had in Jackson instead of making a knee jerk reaction, and we would have had to pay more for Lynch anyway. Plus no one can argue Jackson hasn't done a solid job and keep a straight face. We've been seeing him steadily increase his performance as the season has gone on.

Really, if we're gonna bring people in, we need D-Line guys and LB's. That's where we're hurting the most, IMO.

DCEBB2011

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Davis was pretty solid at Clemson. He has good speed for being 5-11, 218 and has pretty good burst too. He isn't the most agile guy though and isn't much of a receiver out of the backfield. Was the "Thunder" to CJ Spiller's lightning at Clemson.

DergaSmash

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Last year Grant did very well behind a patchwork line. Our line is getting better and better each week because they are finally starting back to back to back games now and starting to gel. Jackson is getting better and better each week because he is gaining more experience as a #1 back every week. I think if the line can stay healthy and continue to play better while Jackson continues to progress like he is now, Green Bay could have a legitimate running game. I'm not saying that Jackson and the Packers will be a lock for 150 yards a game, but if they continue to get better, teams are going to have to respect the run or Jackson will break off a few. That is all our offense needs. The Packers just need that half second hesitation by the secondary off of play action to let the WRs get some separation.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Twitter blowing up gcuz the guy Davis tweeted he is on his way to new team..Someone is saying the Packers

but lot of tweeter accts saying Atlanta

A12ROD903

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Twitter blowing up gcuz the guy Davis tweeted he is on his way to new team..Someone is saying the Packers

but lot of tweeter accts saying Atlanta

Jason Wilde (a packers beat reporter with ESPN) is making a big deal about this tweet from Davis... he said hes working hard trying to figure out whats going on. Ill keep everyone posted!!! Im following Davis on my twitter also.

A12ROD903

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well I decided to do a little research myself to get to the bottom of this. Im not sure if Im right but there are no flights to GB tonight out of Cleveland. 1 flight arrived in atlanta at 9:22 which is in that 45 min time frame. So im guessing he got signed by atlanta.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Does Atlanta have a use for him? With Turner and Snelling, why would they need him?

I still won't believe it until he's here officially, though, because I don't see a ton of reasons we'd pick him up either.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Here's the logical reason I don't think he's coming here. It's this tweet:
Finally was granted with my wish..

He's a southern kid. Went to Clemson. I could see Atlanta being the team he wished he would go to.

Also, this just came in:
My favorite thing about Twitter is that people are guessing like crazy what team I'm going too..lol..I love it. I can say some are close :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts