1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone Into The Paranormal?

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by cheeseheadfanatic87, Sep 30, 2011.

1. cheeseheadfanatic87

cheeseheadfanatic87 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +20
    I was watching Planet Green, and they have an episode of the movie The Haunting in Connecticut, I thought the movie was cheesy, but the documentary is creepy as hell! The family moved into a home in Connecticut who got it relatively cheap price, and they find out it was home to a funeral parlor, that was into necrophilia, and all this gross stuff.

They move because they need to be closer to the cancer center and it's just right down the road. I thought it was scary as hell, the boys stay in the basement and see all sorts of entities, and lights turn on with no bulbs in them, because they would sleep with the light on because they we're so scared.

You'd have to watch it to really be freaked out. There was a paranormal investigator that would not go back into that house. So do you believe in Paranormal activity? Or ghosts? We actually have something weird going on in our house, where it keeps opening the window, I've locked it three times in the past month, and last week when I was watching the Packer game, I heard the window unlock, me and my girlfriend both went in there, and found the lock down! And I tried finding an explanation but I couldn't... you have to apply pressure to lock it. Weird huh?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Kitten

Kitten Feline Cheesehead Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,442
    I do. To me paranormal is completely normal in my everyday existence. I'm a bit weird and open to pretty much anything but I draw the line when it comes to harming others.

3. Powarun

Powarun Big Bay Blues fan

Ratings:
    +420
    I have watched several paranormal shows and read many books on the subject. Especially this time of year. I haven't witnessed anything really too odd, had an out of body experience twice in my life, but I think it was my imagination. Though sometimes what you read is really REALLY creepy.

4. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,477
    I am into it..Not something that I am "obsessed about" but I believe in..

I used to watch a series, A Haunting...A series of ghostly things that happen to people..One was the Connecticut story, then when the movie came out had to watch it...

I like all those shows tho, Ghost Hunters, Paranormal State, things about Aliens and the like...I figure to keep an open mind on things and it is entertaining even if not true..

Always had interest in that stuff..

Knew of a young boy that had passed away in a house years and years ago...Fast forward many years later...

Had a 4 year old relative playing by himself in this same house laughing..When asked what he was doing, he said I am chasing the small Indian boy..Yes the boy that died was Indian

5. cheeseheadfanatic87

Ratings:
    +20
    I watch A Haunting too... I just never seen that episode. It's just weird because nothing bad happens, but our window keeps sliding open, and nobody goes in that room.

6. Kitten

Ratings:
    +1,442
    When people associate paranormal with "scary," I think it comes from a lack of understanding it fully. People tend to fear what they don't or can't understand. I've had several experiences with ghosts and have written many an essay on the topic. Some of my experiences are from loved ones but many of them are from strangers. It's not always with people either. I see more ghost cats than anything else.

I've also had weird dreams. In my dreams I'm a cat. Not dreaming of a cat but I am the cat. Those dreams are weird because they seem so natural and when I wake, I can remember them in detail.

Perception is another thing. There are senses outside of the 5 senses and in addition to the infamous 6th sense. We all have them and were born with them. Call it your gut instinct, your intuition or your spider sense. If you learn how to tune into them you can sense danger, read others emotions and sense the weather as well. You can smell rain and even snow. I like to perceive things that most people overlook. Sensitivity to detail.

Paranormal is a broad topic. It covers more than just ghosts. Psychic energy for one, something that is often misunderstood. Take Tarot cards for one thing. They do not predict the future as much as they tell you the likely outcome of whatever you inquired about if things stay on the same course. I read the Tarot deck and I can't tell you how many people have yelled at me when things don't work out the way they hoped. It doesn't work like that.

Some people also consider vampires and werewolves (werecats ;) ) to be in the paranormal family. I can tell you this as far as I know, if those things exist they do not exist as we think of them in terms of Hollywood and what you see in the movies. I've had experiences with both, things that have left me shaken to my core. To this day I can't explain what I saw, but it's not like Twilight or any of those other silly movies. Things are never as they seem.

I've made a good study of this topic and my experiences with it. It always seems to come up around Halloween but everyday is Halloween if you're me!

7. Powarun

Powarun Big Bay Blues fan

Ratings:
    +420
    You kind of have to believe in the paranormal if you go to Lambeau, the majestic feeling you get even with a lonely tour group just makes you feel like there are ghosts of great players past.

Also that episode about the Haunting in Connecticut is a special episode.

8. GreenBayGal

GreenBayGal Cheese Goddess

Ratings:
    +1,123
    I'm open to just about anything unless you can prove it wrong. I used to live in an old cottage. On more than one occassion, I, as well as other family members clearly heard the back door open and close. There was nobody there in any of the instances. I have also been in an old vacant house and have taken pictures into the dark and orbs appearing in the photos. My friend, in the same house, snapped her digital camera into the dark revealing a smoke-like image in the shape of a human. She has the picture in a frame now.
    I've also had many halucinations back in the 70's. Oh wait, maybe that's a different thread.

9. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +3,477
    There have been many things in the last year that one might say I am psychic...nothin earth breaking, but just things I say that come true...

Example..sitting watching tv and something happened and I yelled at the tv saying are you really serious...With out skipping a beat the character said, I am dead serious

Or when something is going on with the kids..I tell my wife my feelings, she dismisses them and then it comes true..

Now my wife calls me psychotic

10. Murgen

Murgen MechaPackzilla

Ratings:
    +585
    I know I'm psychic. After watching Rodgers fill in for Farve in a game in Dallas after Farve got knocked out, and he nearly brought us back. I said to my mailman here, Rodgers will win GB a SB someday! I was right.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,791
    I dunno...
    It's not something I think about everyday.
    And I don't know where ghosts come from.
    Why are they around if we are supposed to go on to a different place after we pass on?
    I'd like to think there are ghosts but I think our ideas of them get super Hollywoodized.
    As for closing doors, windows and stuff like that, I doubt that a ghost can do those things.
    How can they do material things when they aren't?
    As for Bigfoot, I think he's a myth. Made up.
    Surly someone would have caught/killed him by now or some hiker would have found it's body.

A really cool retro TV show that covered this type of mysterious stuff was In Search Of... hosted by Leonard Nimoy.
    Anyone else remember that one?

12. GreenBayGal

GreenBayGal Cheese Goddess

Ratings:
    +1,123
    Gosh yes, I remember that show. Very interesting - makes you wonder. As far as believing in ghosts...what about Casper, huh? Don't you remember him?

• Like Like x 1
  13. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,791
    I gave you a "like" because your Casper question made me LOL. For reals.

• Like Like x 1
  14. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +3,477
    Case in point

http://packershome.com/tabid/63/g/posts/t/13749/Bold-Predition-for-tomorrow.aspx?p=1 post #12...I called the woody td

• Like Like x 2
  15. realcaliforniacheese

realcaliforniacheese A-Rods Boss

Ratings:
    +966
    I'm into the abnormal

16. Kitten

Ratings:
    +1,442
    I found some stuff I posted from threads past on this topic:

Here's 1:Vampires

It's kind of personal to me though because it involves my best friend when I was in High School, that's why I was hesitant to share it. It's kind of a vampire story if you will.

When I was in High School, my best friend was this guy James, we were both weird and into some weird stuff. We played these RPG (roll playing games), with Star Wars and this vampire card themed game. We were into a lot of sci-fi stuff too. We were really close and there wasn't much I wouldn't do for him.

But when we graduated high school, things got weird and not in a good way. I don't know how to explain it, but he began to change in ways I didn't think possible. He joined this vampire cult in south Philly, yes people who really think they are vampires. He became involved in all this underground vampire stuff, they even drank blood. I met a couple of those guys and let me tell you, just being in the same room with them terrified me. It just felt bad, and I felt like I wanted to run from that room and never look back.

The last memory I have of James, we were standing in my parents house, he had come over to visit me. I noticed something was off when I looked into his eyes. They weren't reflecting light and when I looked deep into them, I saw death. I saw a void that was once a soul I knew very well. You can tell a lot about a person by their eyes. They are the windows to your soul. His eyes were dead. It wasn't just his eyes, his whole presence had changed, he wasn't James anymore. That was the last time I saw James and I never heard from him again. I went from talking to him every day for years to that.

I hope I'm explaining this right, there is a lot of this I don't understand myself. I can't tell you how it was standing in that room with him, it's like being scared and not knowing why. There was a coldness, like it was sucking my essence, energy, trying to drain me of light. Something inside of me, some inner sense was warning me of danger. I still think of James and it breaks my heart each time, we were so close. It was like watching your best friend die but not in a physical way.

There may be such a thing as vampires, just not as Hollywood portrays them. I don't know what happened to my friend, if he's still with the vampire cult or what. Dead, undead? For all I know he has a family now and he's happy, I hope that is the case. There are some things that are too disturbing to even think about.

17. Kitten

Ratings:
    +1,442
    Post from the past 2: ghost theories/ beliefs

As far as believing in ghosts, I shared your philosophy, kind of like I'll believe it when I see it (only now that philosophy includes vampires too). I don't understand why, but people tend to come to me when they need paranormal advice, when they hear a bump in the night. I guess they figure, OK you're pretty dang weird, you explain this.

I think 85% of ghosts are in the non-evil category. When someone dies tragically or unexpectedly, there is often that sense of trapped energy, like a static pulse that is just stuck, frozen in a timeless dimension. I think sometimes when somebody dies, they don't always know they are dead. Like "phantom" pain when someone loses a limb, they can still feel it even though it is gone. There is also the "unfinished business" category and this is not always a good thing. "Bad ghosts" usually occur when there is bad energy involved in the way the person died, such as murder or suicide. This can also be repeated in the "unfinished business" only now you have a ghost who is not only pissed off but looking for vengeance too.

Ghosts, whether people believe in them or not, are more common than people think. Some of them don't bother with the living unless they have to. Raptorman, I am quite certain, now this is a cold read mind you, but it is obvious to me that your ghost was the man who lived there previously and died in the house. He just never left. I wonder if your bed was in the same place as his bed and if his wife slept on the same side as your wife. That could of been why he kept going over there. You absolutely did the right thing by "talking" to him. Most of the time if they are interacting with you (moving your keys and other objects) and you can see the ghost, it's because they want to be seen. Often they just need some reassurance that you are not there to do them harm or sometimes harm or radically change their land if the ghost is attached to a place such as a house. The ghost probably still considered that house to be his, you were kind of just sharing it with him in a sense.

We share this planet with many things, many people, we must all live in harmony with one another. The Spirit Realm is ever a part of the Physical Realm. I learned to think of everything as part of everything else. I like to live in harmony with humans, nature and yes...ghosts!

An interesting thing about Halloween if you are interested in ghosts. On Halloween, it is said the veil between the living and the dead is at its thinnest. Meaning, it's one of the best times to see ghosts!

18. robdog

robdog Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Ratings:
    +327
    All I know is that paranormal activity the movie(s) scares the crap out of me, lol. I am a weenie. :(

So yeah, to some degree, I believe.

19. IluvGB

IluvGB I <3 Packers!!!!

Ratings:
    +850
    Thats the reason why they are called demons.

20. cheeseheadfanatic87

Ratings:
    +20
    This was actually featured in A Haunting Episode it was called "Fear House", about the story of the Union Screaming House in Union, Missouri. Steven LaChance also wrote a book called "The Uninvited" which was an extremely scary book. I love reading scary stuff, but this one really did freak me out a bit. I thought this was a very good article, and the second link has evidence through pictures and EVPs.

story:
    http://www.legendsofamerica.com/mo-unionhaunting.html

evidence:
    http://www.stevenalachance.com/House.html