1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone into Nascar?

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by eastcoastpacker, Jan 14, 2005.

1. eastcoastpacker

eastcoastpacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    I follow nascar quite a bit in the off season of the NFL.But once the pack start playing preseason,thats it for nascar. I am a fan of Jeff Gordon(I expect to hear from Junior fans on that!) Won't be long till Daytona starts up with a few races! Only been to the race track in the Pocono's,might go down to Dover Delware,if I am not working then. Any fans out there?

2. gotarace27

gotarace27 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Been down to the Daytona 500 2 times and Bristol night race once. I watched it for years but have slowly lost some interest after Big E died. That was my main man and the sport sure lost something with his passing!! :(

3. eastcoastpacker

Ratings:
    +1
    He was the greatest!! That is why I root for Gordon,because everyone was a fan of his. I am just that way.I always rooted for the under dog. Thats how it was with the pack in the 70's and 80's. We have a race pool at the place my wife and I go to,so that keeps up the interest some.

4. dan7

dan7 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I always watch the Daytona 500; Dale Earnhardt Jr. is my favorite driver.

5. eastcoastpacker

Ratings:
    +1
    Jr. will pick up where his father left off,I think.He's a good driver with a good pit crew.He will win a championship soon.I just hope that Gordon keeps winning too! :cross: :pals:

6. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8

Sure was a bad time. Still gets to me at times.

I love racing wish I could get behind a wheel an see what I could do.

Drivers I like, Big E, Dale Jr and Kenseth (gotta go with the Cambridge WI guy)

7. dan7

dan7 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    NASCAR

I watch the Daytona 500 every year, but not any other NASCAR races.

8. monkeyracer43

monkeyracer43 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I've followed NASCAR pretty regularly since I was about 6 or 7. That was Richard Petty's final year. He's still my favorite driver and I pull for Petty Enterprises. Although, it's been tough the last 5 years.

9. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    Just got some info on Dale Jr, he will win the Cup this year. :)

10. eastcoastpacker

Ratings:
    +1
    This saturday night on Fox is the Bud Shootout. Comees on at 8pm est. Should be good. Just thought I would come on here and let you all know.

11. eastcoastpacker

Ratings:
    +1
    I just got a new dvd called"IMAX NASCAR" it is really good! It tells alot about racing. The only thing I don't like is,it is only 48 minutes long.Great if you have a big screen tv! Cost is $15 :D

12. sixone220

sixone220 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    you mean gordon's cup? maybe jimmy johnson? no one else has a shot.

i actually prefer dirt track racing and LOVE the world of outlaws. we see them every year but maybe not this year with tickets getting jacked. last yr in fargo, me and the wife went for $72 for 3 nights. this yr, those 3 nights would cost us $240.

13. uwbadger12000

uwbadger12000 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    All I know about Nacar is Dale Jarrett won something yesterday.

14. eastcoastpacker

Ratings:
    +1
    Sixone220: why did it go up so much? That is a heck of an increase.

uwbadger12000: Dale has the pole and jimmie Johnson has the outside position.The rest of the field will be decided on thursday,hopely,Jeff Gordon will get the inside on row 2. What else is there to watch now that football is done?

15. uwbadger12000

uwbadger12000 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    college basketball. i can't wait until march madness. :D

16. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    Jeff Gordon is Gay. Ever hear that song? Lyrics were done by Miss Gordon herself.

I don't care for Gordon, he's too mambie pambie. Needs to grow some nuts an say what he REALLY wants to say instead of what he is 'trained' to say.

17. eastcoastpacker

Ratings:
    +1
    They all do that,or they get fined. He speaks his mind sometimes when he gets pissed off. He not like some that get into fist fights after the race. He is one of the best racers in nascar right now.believe it or not. If they did not change the way to win the cup last year,he would have won his 5th title.

18. eastcoastpacker

Ratings:
    +1
    Jeff did it again!!! That was a heck of a race! For a minute I thought Jr. was going to win it. :pals: :joy:

19. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    Man what a race!

I was watching the last bout 100 laps an dale jr did nothing special at all, was in like 20-30th whole time til about 30 laps remaining he jumped to 8th and man did i get excited, i fell asleep most of the race so i was in my room on the bed an when he went up to like 5th i was yelling an pumpin my fists an all that jazz then he took fourth then third an suddenly went around gordon for the lead boy was i a yelling my *** off!! unfortunetly gordon got around him jus before the caution came out an won jr finished third. the funny part to this though, u know those little itchs u get on the side of yer ***? well when i went to itch it i felt nothing but CHEEK... some how i ripped my damn boxers!! how the heck?

Oh well. I'm very happy Jr even got in the top five after how crappy his car was (i wasnt there but he said is car was crap) all is well til cali!!

JR for the CUP!!!

20. eastcoastpacker

Ratings:
    +1
    I just read on msn sports,that Gordon has 70 wins. I forgot how many he had,if he has a good year,it is possible to get a head of Dale Sr. by next year.

21. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    Whats your point? Gordon isn't half the driver Dale was.

22. dan7

dan7 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Jeff Gordon

So how do you know that Jeff Gordon is gay?

23. gotarace27

gotarace27 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Amen to that. Gordon only wishes he could have the fan base and respect... EARNED by Dale Earnhardt. The man will never be replaced in Nascar PERIOD. Even the so called king, Richard Petty knows he will never be higher than second when people ask who was the greatest driver ever in Nascar.
    I'm with you slick Jr. takes the cup!!!!!

24. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    Re: Jeff Gordon

Umm duh last night!!!

25. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    :confused: let met explain. Yes people I am a F.A.G. ...

Fans
    Against
    Gordon!

heh heh muwhahahaha ... lol

On a serious note, I think he is a good driver, the thing I dont like about him, he says what he thinks he 'should' say, not what he really wants to say. I don't much like candyasspoozifooters. say what you feel ya it might get u in trouble but atleast ur not being a fake.