Anyone Heard from Rodgers ?

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just wondering if Aaron has gotten any phone calls.

MM talked to him, but the only thing A-Rod wanted to talk about was how Favre was doing (its in the transcript on packers.com)

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Rodgers never groused. He went about his business, working and studying to get better. He showed Favre the ultimate respect this morning by declining through his agent to speak about his ascension to the starting lineup until after Favre has spoken publicly about his retirement.
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/jim_trotter/03/04/rodgers/index.html?eref=T1

Rodgers doesn't want to say anything until Brett talks publicly.

To echo another poster. Rodgers asked if Brett was ok and how he was.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackOne said:
Rodgers never groused. He went about his business, working and studying to get better. He showed Favre the ultimate respect this morning by declining through his agent to speak about his ascension to the starting lineup until after Favre has spoken publicly about his retirement.
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/jim_trotter/03/04/rodgers/index.html?eref=T1

I don't want a ***** like that to be my next QB!

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:
PackOne said:

I don't want a ***** like that to be my next QB!

*****? I suppose thats another perception of it. I took it as a sign of respect to Brett.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
kid has a good head on his shoulders.

i think thats priority number 1 when picking a qb.

these comments may seem to tame to some... but everything i hear from him sounds

a. humble
b. confident

to be a quarterback you absolutely have to have confidence.
to be a quarterback in Green Bay you absolutely have to be humble.

Rios39

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I expect Rodgers to be good. Different style player then Favre. But man I liked the zip that he had on his passes this season.

It's not the fact that the team is worse off now. (in fact it's probably better to move on with this young team) It's the fact that I will never see brett favre play again.

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really like Rodgers the man, I like Rodgers the QB so far, I am worried about Rodgers durability...

Other than that the show must go on, I am sad for Brett´s retirement but it has to come someday.

Time for TT to show us he is a real genius.

No FA signings expected by me...

2-3 years for the team to be a SB contender if Rodgers is the real deal.

Next year I will be looking for a 8-8 season at best, this way I wont get dissapointed.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really like Rodgers the man, I like Rodgers the QB so far, I am worried about Rodgers durability...

Other than that the show must go on, I am sad for Brett´s retirement but it has to come someday.

Time for TT to show us he is a real genius.

No FA signings expected by me...

2-3 years for the team to be a SB contender if Rodgers is the real deal.

Next year I will be looking for a 8-8 season at best, this way I wont get dissapointed.

lol. I don't miss you.

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score

That still might be enough to win the division. We have the most talent and, probably still have the best QB in the division. I know the pundits are going to be falling all over themselves to annoint the Vikes as the favourite in the NFCN next year (if they gave Berrian $42 million, he must be a great player right), but I think we'll be in good shape to host at least one playoff game next year (probably won't make a deep run into the playoffs unless the D becomes dominant instead of just good).

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chamuko said:

That still might be enough to win the division. We have the most talent and, probably still have the best QB in the division. I know the pundits are going to be falling all over themselves to annoint the Vikes as the favourite in the NFCN next year (if they gave Berrian $42 million, he must be a great player right), but I think we'll be in good shape to host at least one playoff game next year (probably won't make a deep run into the playoffs unless the D becomes dominant instead of just good).

Get ready for alot of this:

PETERSON!!!!! ADRIAN PETERSON!!!!!! PETERSON!!!!! ADRIAN PETERSON!!!!!! PETERSON!!!!! ADRIAN PETERSON!!!!!! PETERSON!!!!! ADRIAN PETERSON!!!!!! PETERSON!!!!! ADRIAN PETERSON!!!!!! PETERSON!!!!! ADRIAN PETERSON!!!!!! PETERSON!!!!! ADRIAN PETERSON!!!!!! PETERSON!!!!! ADRIAN PETERSON!!!!!! PETERSON!!!!! ADRIAN PETERSON!!!!!! PETERSON!!!!! ADRIAN PETERSON!!!!!! PETERSON!!!!! ADRIAN PETERSON!!!!!! PETERSON!!!!! ADRIAN PETERSON!!!!!! PETERSON!!!!! ADRIAN PETERSON!!!!!! PETERSON!!!!! ADRIAN PETERSON!!!!!! PETERSON!!!!! ADRIAN PETERSON!!!!!!

Chris Berman: "Mort, who do you think is the player to watch in the NFC North this year?"

Mort: "That's easy, Chris. Adrian Peterson. In fact, I think he's better than every back in the NFL right now, and probably the best ever!!!"

Boomer: "I can't disagree. Now, the Vikings are currently 0-4, but you gotta believe that a guy who puts up his kind of numbers will pick up this ****** team and carry them to the playoffs!"

TJ: "To jump in here, I just love watching this young man play. He's singlehandedly winning me my fantasy league."

Mort: "Speaking of fantasy, I'm pretty sure he has a abnormally large *****. It belongs in the Hall of Fame. Screw the 5-year waiting period."

PETERSON!!!!! ADRIAN PETERSON!!!!!! PETERSON!!!!! ADRIAN PETERSON!!!!!! PETERSON!!!!! ADRIAN PETERSON!!!!!! PETERSON!!!!! ADRIAN PETERSON!!!!!! PETERSON!!!!! ADRIAN PETERSON!!!!!! PETERSON!!!!! ADRIAN PETERSON!!!!!! PETERSON!!!!! ADRIAN PETERSON!!!!!! PETERSON!!!!! ADRIAN PETERSON!!!!!! PETERSON!!!!! ADRIAN PETERSON!!!!!! PETERSON!!!!! ADRIAN PETERSON!!!!!! PETERSON!!!!! ADRIAN PETERSON!!!!!! PETERSON!!!!! ADRIAN PETERSON!!!!!! PETERSON!!!!! ADRIAN PETERSON!!!!!! PETERSON!!!!! ADRIAN PETERSON!!!!!! PETERSON!!!!! ADRIAN PETERSON!!!!!!

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pack_in_black said:
Chamuko said:

Get ready for alot of this:

Chris Berman: "Mort, who do you think is the player to watch in the NFC North this year?"

Mort: "That's easy, Chris. Adrian Peterson. In fact, I think he's better than every back in the NFL right now, and probably the best ever!!!"

Boomer: "I can't disagree. Now, the Vikings are currently 0-4, but you gotta believe that a guy who puts up his kind of numbers will pick up this ****** team and carry them to the playoffs!"

TJ: "To jump in here, I just love watching this young man play. He's singlehandedly winning me my fantasy league."

Mort: "Speaking of fantasy, I'm pretty sure he has a abnormally large *****. It belongs in the Hall of Fame. Screw the 5-year waiting period."

I think this post should go into the Hall of Fame. I laughed.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
With the Vikings luck, AP will get hurt and miss a good chunk of the season, I hope not but they don't seem to have a lucky charm hanging over the franchise.

Members online

Latest posts