Anyone Going To The Falcon Game?

PackMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My wife and I are going with a couple of friends along with my daughter and her boy friend. My daughter's first regular season game. We will definitely be tailgating and if anyone wants to join us let me know and I can tell you what lot we will be in.

When the five year schedule came out in 2000 I was not looking forward to this game. Even then it seemed if Brett wasn't retired by then the Pack would be in a rebuilding mode. Sure enough.

It will take a non-penalty & no turnover game to beat the dirty birds but it can be done.

I am trying to learn from Favre; he forgets the interception/bad game right away and moves onto the next opponent.

Bring on the Falcons, a team that has won at least three games this year by the skin of their teeth. They are due a loss and we are so over due for a win. Obviously this is the game of the year for the Packer fans in Georgia.

Go Pack Go!!!

Hammer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey Packman, can't make the game this weekend as I was in ATL this past weekend for work, otherwise I'd be there. Where in No GA do you live?
I often drive through Bryson City, NC to ATL when I'm heading that way. Couldn't resist driving through the mtns this weekend.
Hammer

OP
OP
P

PackMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hammer said:
Hey Packman, can't make the game this weekend as I was in ATL this past weekend for work, otherwise I'd be there. Where in No GA do you live?
I often drive through Bryson City, NC to ATL when I'm heading that way. Couldn't resist driving through the mtns this weekend.
Hammer
Hammer - I live by lake lanier in Gainesville GA. We rented a cabin up by Unicoi State Park this weekend. Saturday was just about a perfect day. The color in the mountains was just breath taking. Give me a yell next time you come down. Great Packer bar in Alpharetta.

cbdevil

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Small world! I live in Gainesville as well.

Have you ever been to a game at the GA Dome before?

OP
OP
P

PackMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cbdevil said:
Small world! I live in Gainesville as well.

Have you ever been to a game at the GA Dome before?
CBDEVIL - It is definitely a small world, the older you get the more and more you realize that.

I can not stand the Georgia Dome. First problem it's a dome. Second problem is the Falcon fans, the ones that only follow the team when they win. Atlanta is a Braves town and College football has twice as many fans as the NFL. That may change if the birds could put together a few winning seasons. And the piped in noise level is obnoxious, just like the Metrodome. Hard to talk about the game since you can not hear the person next to you. But I just can't miss the chance to see Favre again so close to home. Win or loose I will be supporting the Pack.

Hammer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackMan said:
Hammer said:
Hammer
Hammer - I live by lake lanier in Gainesville GA. We rented a cabin up by Unicoi State Park this weekend. Saturday was just about a perfect day. The color in the mountains was just breath taking. Give me a yell next time you come down. Great Packer bar in Alpharetta.

TJ's? Some people I met said that was the Packer bar.
I spent a night at Tsali at Lake Fontana in NC, yes, the colors were awesome.
Hammer

BreadSlicer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackMan said:
Atlanta is a Braves town and College football has twice as many fans as the NFL. That may change if the birds could put together a few winning seasons.
As you alluded to that fact is slowly but steadily becoming yesterday's paradigm especially considering this season will mark our first back-to-back winning seasons. It's nice to have a team whose sole purpose is NOT to be a topic of conversation at a Smith family cocktail party.
And the piped in noise level is obnoxious, just like the Metrodome. Hard to talk about the game since you can not hear the person next to you. But I just can't miss the chance to see Favre again so close to home. Win or loose I will be supporting the Pack.
I'm not sure what you mean by 'piped in' but I can assure you the vast majority of Falcon fans would rather have an outdoor stadium. Ironic that Green Bay would have an outdoor stadium and Atlanta, with its mild southern climate, would not... :roll:

cbdevil

Cheesehead
Reaction score
CaliforniaCheez said:
Artificial indoor environment of stale air and fake field in a high crime rate town. Good Times!!

Ah yes. While what few Packer fans make the game enjoy the NFL's most hospitable crowd, you I am sure will come back with a horror story.

Like, "I tried to be rude to the fans around me and they all got mad."

And "piped in noise" ? Are you serious? Are you imagining things or just plain lying?

Members online

Latest posts