1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone ever been to Solly's?

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by MontanaBob, Apr 18, 2008.

1. MontanaBob

MontanaBob Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I got the Butter Bruger craving last night and man, did I want to get to Solly's on Port Washington Rd. in Milwaukee. So, seeing as we are having a cook out for lunch today at school for the staff, I'm making Butter Burgers. Some of the staff went nuts when they saw the pounds of butter I brought. Hey, why use a little when you can use a lot.

We've got sirloin burgers to cook and I'm going to toast the buns and smother the whole works in REAL Wisconsin butter. Should be fun.

Oh, it's snowing like hell too. Beautiful cookout weather. Have any of you been to Solly's?

2. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I've heard the name, but never been there.
    The BEST palce for burgers was "AL'S Custard" on Layton Avenue in Milwaukee, across from the airport. It was later named "Jessica's" (I think his ex-wife got it in the divorce) The place was what was used as a model for "Arnold's" on the show "Happy Days". The place didn't look like "Arnold's", but it was a 1950's style diner. When they came to town, the Happy Days cast went there. They had pictures of them on the wall.
    They had a 1/4 pound steak sandwich there to DIE for. It was on a molasses bun, and buttered so that it was drenched. And the sweet fried onions.......oh man, it makes me DROOL! And their hamburgers were just as good! Made "Culver's" so called "butter burgers" look like fried cardboard.
    One day we went there to eat, and it was locked up. The ketchup and mustard bottles and stuff still on the tables. Never did hear what happened. Now it's some stupid used car shop.

3. MontanaBob

MontanaBob Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    The Fonz must have turned it into his "hoodlum" hangout.
    Culvers is good but you've got to try Solly's. It's on Port Washington Road just south of the Milwaukee River and Hampton Ave. It butts up against I-43 on it's backside.

Man, I'm hungry....gotta start cooking. First three are for me.

4. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Will do Bob!!! :D

EDIT: I asked my wife if she ever heard of the place.........she pulled a t-shirt out of the closet with....you guessd it......."SOLLY'S" on it.
    Her friend took her there for her birthday.
    (I KNEW I had seen that name before!!!)