1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone Else Unimpressed by Matt Leinart

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by TOPackerFan, Jan 5, 2006.

1. TOPackerFan

TOPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I admit I only saw him play 2 times this year, but he's looked very average out there tonight and doesn't look like he has a very good arm.

2. subin

subin Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I was very unimpressed when he made that throw that was intercepted in the end zone. It was a great play by the DB, but shouldn't have happened if Leinart had put more on the ball.

3. DePack

DePack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    He doesn't have a big time arm. I wouldn't take him. I think he is a product of USC's system.

4. TOPackerFan

TOPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Me too. USC simply "out personnel's" other teams. I'm really glad he'll be gone when we pick. I've been a lot more impressed with Vince Young (never thought I'd say that about a QB from the Little 12, but there's a first time for everything).

5. DePack

DePack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Wait a year and pick up Brady Quinn. He has it all and Charlie Weis will have him ready to step right in to the NFL.

6. TOPackerFan

TOPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Agreed. If Rodgers stinks, we'll have another high pick and will have a shot at Quinn. I agree with you that he's going to be a player (even if your opinion may be biased in favour of a Notre Dame guy).

7. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    i dont watch college ball, but i didnt get a cool vibe from one of his interviews.

8. P@ck66

P@ck66 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +0
    TO..

Don't you think Vince Young..is just another Michael Vick...??

Running QB's never make in the NFL...eventually they get nicked up or crushed and slow down...so they better be able to wing it...

Randall Cunningham and Fran Tarkenton are the only running QB's I can think of that had a long career....maybe it was the way they ran...

9. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    66, Young impressed me with his ability to find his recievers. That and the fact that he was one accurate QB this past season. But you are right. He does remind me of Vick. He seems to put the ball down too early and run. But I also saw shades of McNabb in him. I think if he has a decent coach, he could easily make the transition into a pocket QB.

Young also reminded me of Favre a couple of times out there, with the way he eluded defenders and when he was hit yet still made the throw. I think he has better upside than Vick because of the simple fact his passing skills are there, while Vick's are not. But yes he could be another bust like Vick. I bet the Falcons regret giving him the 100 million dollar contract now!

10. yooperfan

yooperfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I was also unimpressed with Leinart.
    I thought Young was a better QB but he did remind me of Vick. I felt his upside compared to Vick was that he throws better and he has much better size.

11. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    Young is more accurate as a Passer in college then Vick is right now.

I don't konw if I'd even draft a guy who runs all the time. the QB is too valuable in my opinion

12. TOPackerFan

TOPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Young is way better than Mike Vick (I really don't think too much of Vick). He's a playmaker. I'm not sure I want my QB running around like that in the NFL though which is why I wouldn't draft him personally, but he's a hell of an athlete.

13. gotarace27

gotarace27 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Vince Young would look great in Green and Gold. This guy never takes a real hard hit and does look like Brett the way he eludes the rush. This guy is Mr. Excitement and i love his swagger. With this guy in the backfield you wouldn't see triple coverage on a Packer reciever any time soon.

14. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I think one main reason Leinart looked good was, he had Bush in his backfield. That takes alot of pressure off a QB when you have a great runner.

15. 4packgirl

4packgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    hey gotarace27...LOVE your siggy!!!

**now where did i put that naked picture of einstein anyway?*

16. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Sounds like you are quite the "intellectual" 4pack......neeked pix of EINSTEIN!!! :lol:
    Now.....don't you "BADGER" Gotarace!!! :D