1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone else ready to see....

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by lambeaulambo, Sep 2, 2013.

1. tynimiller

tynimiller Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +129
    Okay, I'll admit that was my fault, I thought they had tackle issues but that was going off past information, given that you stated both are healthy that yeah for sure that should be 49ers edge.

2. Marvin49

Marvin49 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +58
    LOL.

I have to remind myself that I'm on a Packers forum and not a Seahawk forum. On a Seahawks forum my post would have been met with 4 letter words, chants of Harbaugh is a douche, and quotes of the score of the last 49ers-Seahawks meeting.

I forgot...you guys are much easier to talk to and not so batsh*t nuts. :)

3. GoPGo

GoPGo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +845
    So Harrell and Coleman sucked, therefore the Packers suck? You can't be serious.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Old Old x 1
  4. tynimiller

tynimiller Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +129
    HAHA, some of us :D

5. 60six

60six DIE HARD

Ratings:
    +65
    Your rankings are fine and all, but if you do it matchup wise......GB/OL vs SF/DL......big edge SF.......GB/DL vs SF/OL....edge SF. Not saying SF wins b/c of this, too many others things to consider, just another way to look at the game and be a little skeptical.

• Like Like x 1
  6. GoPGo

GoPGo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +845
    Why on earth would anyone fire a coach over preseason "games?"

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. GoPGo

GoPGo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +845
    You forgot these: GB/WR vs SF/CBs... edge GB. SF/WR vs GB/CB... edge GB. SF/QB vs GB/S... push. GB/QB vs SF/S... BIG edge GB.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. tynimiller

tynimiller Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +129
    So so true...which is why I seriously wished we had almost any other team to open with other than them!

9. tynimiller

tynimiller Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +129
    The same reason Rod Marinelli didn't get a contract extension after his 2008 flawless pre-season....how'd that season end up for them again? :D

10. 60six

60six DIE HARD

Ratings:
    +65
    Most games are won or lost in the trenches and will always be that way. If you dont have time to throw the ball, whos open dont matter.

11. GoPGo

GoPGo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +845
    In two games, Rodgers had a 92.4 passer rating against them. He completed 67% of his passes and had 4 TDs and 2 INTs. He was sacked 4 times. Being able to throw the ball wasn't a problem last year and it won't be this year.

We scored 22 points and 31 points against them. The problem was defense, not offense, and there's no question our defense will be much improved this year.

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  12. 60six

60six DIE HARD

Ratings:
    +65
    I agree AR will make plays, but the important matchups(trenches) belong to SF and that may decide the game.

13. GoPGo

GoPGo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +845
    My point was that when Rodgers can put up numbers like that with 4 sacks, then our OL did what they needed to do.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. PackFanNChiTown

PackFanNChiTown Bear Fan's Bane

Ratings:
    +364
    Harbaugh is a douche!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Not really but I don't want you to get spoiled here Marvin...lol).

15. 60six

60six DIE HARD

Ratings:
    +65
    AR puts up good #s in spite of this lousy a$$ OL and now we have a rookie at LT this year.
    The OL did what?....AR puts up good numbers every week in spite of the OL. He was the most sacked QB last year in the league. Ok some are on AR for holding the ball to long, but still, worst in the league.

16. GoPGo

GoPGo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +845
    Which is a GOOD thing because Baktiari is WAY > Newhouse.

49ers only sacked him 4 times in 2 games. Our pass protection against them was much better than average for the season.

17. BorderRivals.com

BorderRivals.com Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +499
    My reaction when people focus on pre-season play as a harbinger for what to expect this season:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,674
    Because the defense looked the same with plenty of turf for runners to cover before getting touched.
    That made me feel like he should have been fired long ago.

Even though preseason doesn't matter, still, it's a chance to make things right and to correct mistakes that were made last season IMO.
    Do they prepare going into these games with a game plan or is it just to put the potential players out there and see what they can do without any coaching help?

And you decided to just focus and repost that part of my quote while ignoring and leaving out the part where I wrote that I sorta have a change of heart over Capers.
    Well done. *Sarcasm*

Last edited: Sep 3, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,674
    4 sacks is still too many.
    Especially for a QB who has already had a couple of concussions and who is at risk at losing his job if he keeps getting them.
    He shouldn't be touched. Period.
    O-line needs to step it up. Big time.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. PFanCan

PFanCan That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.

Ratings:
    +882
    I think SF will win rather easily. Their home turf coupled with their confidence and overall talent/experience (particularly in the trenches on both sides of the ball) adds up, IMO, to a likely victory.

I am ok with this. Stops all that stress of talk about an undefeated season right from the start! :tup:

My hopes are that the Packers play a good solid game and learn from the experience. For several of our key starters (e.g. RB, LT, DE), after the SF game- their real game experience in the NFL will be infinitely greater than it is currently (one game versus zero)...

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  21. packerfan4ever

packerfan4ever Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +53
    9ers will be a hard match, a nail biting foot stomping brick throwing game fire Capers will be heard all over the place. But in the here and now the little I saw with the Seahawks and we have a few guys who will step up on the d-line,not saying we win just know this game won't be the same and regular refs will make a difference,9ers were touchy on our w.r. the first time around that will change running will help,it will be a good stepping stone going forward.

22. GoPGo

GoPGo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +845
    Then he should just retire if that's the case because it's part of football. I don't care how good your line is. Last year SF got a sack every 14.9 pass plays against the rest of their opponents. They only got a sack on us once every 21 pass plays. I think you can give some credit where its due.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  23. GoPGo

GoPGo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +845
    You sound as if the Packers are a team who hasn't led the league in wins over the last decade who has no talent with a rookie QB or something.

Sorry, but I don't know why you're so quick to concede defeat when the game is 5 days away. Rodgers is going to carve up their secondary like he did last year and our defense is going to be ready with a chip on their shoulder, especially Clay and that's never a good thing for opposing teams.

• Old Old x 1
  24. HardRightEdge

HardRightEdge Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,678
    I'll tell you this...if picking up either of these QBs was motivated by the need for inside knowledge, we're in a lot of trouble. If Capers has not figured this thing out by now from an entire off season looking at tape, a trip to Texas A&M, commiserating with friends in the defensive coaching fraternity, etc., then info from cut QBs at the 11th. hour will not be of meaningful assistance.

As an aside, Butler's breakdown of our breakdowns in the SF game in the "X's and O's" segment at JS Online is definitely worth a spare 10 minutes. I had commented earlier that one of those Kaepernick runs that everybody blamed Walden for might have been on Burnett. Walden had a bad game, but not as bad as some might think.

• Informative Informative x 1
  25. buggybill2003

buggybill2003 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,267
    Harbaugh is a douche. ;)

• Funny Funny x 1