1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

Anyone else playing Star Wars Old Republic or am I the biggest geek here

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by Skarecrow, Nov 19, 2011.

1. Skarecrow

Skarecrow Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +60
  2. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,674
    Not a gamer but I am a SW fan of the 1st 3 films. And by 1st 3 I mean the 1st 3 if you catch my drift.

Can't stand what George Luca$h did with the franchise starting with the non-"special" editions.
    It would be like as if my favorite painter Van Gogh went back and painted big black stripes all over his masterpieces.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Skarecrow

Skarecrow Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +60
    gotta agree with ya there. The original trilogy was almost perfect, why mess with em.

4. Poppa San

Poppa San SB I trophy First of four Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,038
    Almost a week and one reply. I guess you answered your own questions no and yes.

5. Bogart

Bogart Duke Mantee

Ratings:
    +871

Not just that, George Lucas ruined our childhoods with the Phantom Menace.

It's like going and seeing a movie of your favorite book. For instance, All The Kings Men, great southern book, well written, classic. You go see the movie, and you leave, knowing you deserved something better.

I was raised on Star Wars and Spider Man as a child, and by the time the newer movies started coming out, I can't ever forget leaving the theaters mind blown trying to wrap my head around the "plot" of the first 2 movies cause they sucked so bad, but I must say, the Red Letter Media reviews of the prequels hit the nail on the head, I can watch those reviews all day and laugh my *** off, but it still don't make up for the disappointment of going and seeing Phantom Menace the night it came out, 11 years ago.

When you say George Luca$ you hit the nail on the head as far as the super marketing campaign goes. Darth Vader is only in 5 minutes of the last prequel, so let's put Darth Vader EVERYWHERE and make a **** load of money lol

6. Bogart

Bogart Duke Mantee

Ratings:
    +871
    I have played Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic, fun game, but it didn't last long on my Vista machine constantly freezing up.

I still play the "Super" Star Wars games on the Super Nintendo, talk about memories, and Shadows of the Empire on N64, ahhh good ole days.

The only recent Star Wars game I have got the hang of is Empire At War, the Real time strategy one, much like Starcraft which is my choice of poison on the computer, but not as hard core, yet it was fun.

7. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,674
    At first I liked the PT (Prequel Trilogies) except for Jar-Jar Binks. WTF was Luca$h thinking!?
    But then you gotta remember this is the same guy who gave us the SW Holliday Special. I've never seen the whole thing, but just clips, and what I did see, was laughable and not with it, but at it.
    Anyway, I don't know why he did such a major left turn with the PT.
    So I just refuse to think they exist and just figure that they were all but nothing but a really, really bad nightmare Luke is having.
    Luca$h had some good ideas with the very first three and should have just quit while he was already ahead.

8. Bogart

Bogart Duke Mantee

Ratings:
    +871

Well Lucas is an ideas man, he didn't write the best of the series (Empire Strikes Back). Instead of getting all yes men around him to worship him when doing the prequels, he made his biggest mistake getting rid of those responsible for Empire, when shooting Jedi, that is when he really became obsessed with selling toys, whereas he ditched the original script cause a main character died, and that would have hurt the toy sales, still ROTJ turned out to be a good movie, but it wasn't near as good as the first two.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,674
    My most favorite one out of the series is the first one: A New Hope.
    I love the introducing of the characters, the SFX is nothing like we've ever seen before and it's before all the fake looking CGI took over, the innocence, the first light saber battle, Han shoots first etc etc.
    Which one is yours?
    And I'm not just asking Bogart.
    If anyone else wants to answer, please do.

10. Bogart

Bogart Duke Mantee

Ratings:
    +871

I would have to say the swamp planet, that actually felt real, and the gloomy atmosphere of all the fog, it gave you that creepy feeling, where Luke is going to face his fears.

Yeah CGI replaced it all for Georgie, I find it very sad. We have come a long way from realism, and it's really gotten so bad. You got The Treasure of the Sierra Madre in 1948, that some people don't even bother to watch anymore, but that movie felt real in every aspect and it's not even in color. the original Star Wars also had that sense of realism, where now today it's just *** loads of CGI and you can tell it looks fake.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Kitten

Kitten Feline Cheesehead Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,427
    I used to play a Star Wars card game. It's a bit like Magic the Gathering, but Star Wars themed. I had two Obi Wans. :) I'm a big Star Wars fan, I occasionally interject Star Wars references into my posts. Good to know somebody else loves it too! I also prefer the original trilogy. I like the remake, no doubt, can't get enough Star Wars, but I really like the original the best.

12. Skarecrow

Skarecrow Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +60
    The new Star Wars game is ALOT like Knights of the old Republic, same makers actually, except for it is an MMO. You got the cut scenes, the same setting (it takes place I THINK 50 years after KotoR), and companions. Can't wait for it to go live.

Oh, and Kitten, use to play that card game also. I just got a bunch of em from a friend who was cleaning things out.

• Like Like x 1