Anyone else pissed about the shots they took at Favres knees

yourout

Cheesehead
Reaction score
At least twice from the side a Raider LB went low without being blocked.

Our OL should have made sure that was paid in kind.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: Anyone else pissed about the shots they took at Favres k

I didn't like it,.........but our o-line has the responsibility to stop that from happening.

Packerbacker04

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Im glad nothing happened to Farve on those plays! I dont know if you guys seen it but the Titans did the same thing to Phillip Rivers and they did it twice the second time knocking him out of the game! I was happy they came back and beat the Titans just because of that. I was worried when I seen those raider linebackers do that. If someone intentionally did that to Farve and I was the coach and they knocked farve out for the season with an acl I would go after the opposing teams qb telling the linebacker to go for his knees. Trust me you dont get away with intentionally trying to hurt a player.

Yared-Yam

Cheesehead
Reaction score
QBs will tell you that they don't mind the shots to the head so much, it's the shots at the knees and below they don't want.

Or at least Carson Palmer said it. Trent Green might disagree

mi_keys

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Im glad nothing happened to Farve on those plays! I dont know if you guys seen it but the Titans did the same thing to Phillip Rivers and they did it twice the second time knocking him out of the game! I was happy they came back and beat the Titans just because of that. I was worried when I seen those raider linebackers do that. If someone intentionally did that to Farve and I was the coach and they knocked farve out for the season with an acl I would go after the opposing teams qb telling the linebacker to go for his knees. Trust me you dont get away with intentionally trying to hurt a player.

Maybe that's why Jenkins rocked McCown :lol:

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score

mi_keys said:

Maybe that's why Jenkins rocked McCown :lol:
I never thought of that. But hey, Sapp took out Cliffy a few years back......maybe that was in Jenkins mind.
It cost us a touchdown though. Lucky we didn't NEED it.

Yared-Yam

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Except that the Jenkins play was clean. At least I thought.

On an INT return like that when a QB goes toward the play(which McCown was) isn't it open season? I always thought it was.

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score

It's the Raiders. Always will be a cheap shot team while Davis owns them.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yared-Yam said:

On an INT return like that when a QB goes toward the play(which McCown was) isn't it open season? I always thought it was.
It WAS clean. He hit him in the front, and not at the knees. The hits the Raiders put on Favre were more dirty then Jenkins hit in my view.
And McCown WAS moving towards the play. What if the runner would have cut back TOWARDS him? He could have made the tackle.
But they want to protect the QB's i guess, so they throw the flag.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I only remember one low hit on Favre, and I didn't think it was dirty. Sometimes a leg tackle is the only shot a defender has at a guy. But I'll watch the game again on video. For now, I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt.

TheKanataThrilla

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yared-Yam said:

I thought it was a legal hit as well. I remember countless times during an INT seeing the QB get punished. It must have been one of those rules they put in with very little advertisement. That, or because Jenkins smoked him so bad they thought he took advantage of a defenceless player, which is often a debateable call. I wasn't happy with the call, but will not complain because we definitely had the better of the officiating this game.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I read the blip on packers.com and Jenkins said that Hochuli approached him and said that if it was against any other position player, the hit would've been legal, but the QB is more protected this season. oh well. live and learn. he did not the snot out of him though. in hindsight, i think it was worth it. ahahaha

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
First comming in low on the QB is supposed to be a penalty unless the defender is blocked into him... both time Burgess was aiming low... but don't you think just a little bit of the aggressive Jenkins block was a little payback for those two.

What I found funny.. Favre drew a roughing call on the Jennings touchdown that was ticky tack at best.. I mean BS call.

Watched a full Sunday of games again and I have to say the officiating this year is sub-par across the boards.... borderline horrible. I am telling you, I seriously have to wonder about fixes being in... it is that bad.

axelred13

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I remember that play on a Packers kickoff when the runner was apparently down, then got up an ran to the endzone. Hochuli looked pissed that none of the other zebras knew what to do.

He got on the mic and I could hear him say He was down in a tone that made me think he wasn't happy with his crew for not making the call sooner.

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score

i saw that glad brett didnt get hurt they do need to protect him better :D

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score

bozz_2006 said:
I read the blip on packers.com and Jenkins said that Hochuli approached him and said that if it was against any other position player, the hit would've been legal, but the QB is more protected this season. oh well. live and learn. he did not the snot out of him though. in hindsight, i think it was worth it. ahahaha

Was it **** Butkis who said "why don't think just put skirts on them and be done with it?" (referring to QBs in general).

I thought it was a bad call because when an INT is thrown, a QB becomes a potential tackler. You have to protect your guy against potential tacklers. Sure, it may be a new rule, but it's a stupid one.

mi_keys

Cheesehead
Reaction score

bozz_2006 said:

Was it **** Butkis who said "why don't think just put skirts on them and be done with it?" (referring to QBs in general).

I thought it was a bad call because when an INT is thrown, a QB becomes a potential tackler. You have to protect your guy against potential tacklers. Sure, it may be a new rule, but it's a stupid one.

It is a dumb rule... if they don't want to be hit when they throw a pick they should lay down and curl up in the fetal position.

de_real_deal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yared-Yam said:
QBs will tell you that they don't mind the shots to the head so much, it's the shots at the knees and below they don't want.

Or at least Carson Palmer said it. Trent Green might disagree

because he cant remember the hits

de_real_deal

Cheesehead
Reaction score

bozz_2006 said:

wasnt it **** butkus who was wearing pink shirt on My Two Dads tv show?

4thand26

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
Here's an AP article about it:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/football/nfl/12/10/bc.fbn.packers.favre.ap/index.html

McCarthy said that one of the low hits was unnecessary. Favre said that he didn't think either of them were intentional. I'll watch the game again and decide for myself.

I didnt think either hit was intentional at the knees. It would be interesting to watch it again for specifically that purpose though. Jenkins hit was good. THe opposing team player was moving towards the play. Same exact thing as when Sapp decleated Clifton.

The NFL should issue a letter to all teams that after the qb throws an INT, they are to head directly away from the ball at full speed. THen, it would be obvious if someone hit them that it should be a penalty. This way also you are giving the qb the choice of whether or not they want to get into the play.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
I thought both were intentional and cheap. I really expected Favre to go down on the last one where the guy hit him in the front low. Our O-line has looked a little sloppy the last two games, but at the same time they are doing a much better job on the running plays. Maybe time to work on protection a bit.

With all the talk about how indestructible Favre is. I'm afraid some no talent punk on defense is going to try to make a name for themselves by knocking Favre out of the game permanently.

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score

http://blogs.jsonline.com/packers/

*McCarthy said one of the low hits on Brett Favre by Oakland DE Derrick Burgess was clearly low and intentional;

Well, that's not surprising considering these are the Raiders we're talking about. Horrible and dirty.

Thanks wils0646,

Good to know MM's take on that !!!

Members online

Latest posts