Anyone else looking forward to Thurs. night?

bad93ex

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Should be a very good game and I really hope they focus on what is on the field rather than a Hurrican Katrina pity party or the retirement saga of Brett Favre.

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think this game is going to set the tone for the Viqueens.
They lose, we can expect more of the same for the other 15 games.

The Saints are coming into this game super pumped from their SB win as well as beating the Vikes to get there.
So I think the Saints will want this win more and will win.
Plus it's gonna be in their house.

Mushroom

Packer Owner/Shareholder
Reaction score
Hell, this whole time Ive been kind of like "whatever" about this game, thinking it was on NFLN and I wasnt going to be able to see it....But, I checked and its on NBC, holla! TOMORROW NIGHT! THE NFL SEASON BEGINS TOMORROW NIGHT!!!!

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't want The Interceptor knocked out until we play 'em. It wouldn't be good to give T-Jack time to warm up. Go Saints!!
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Mushroom

Packer Owner/Shareholder
Reaction score
Me too. I am also can't wait. :laughing:
Im just going to assume that being a Viking fan, and only talking to other people in the state of MN, it wouldnt occur to you that a team with an actual following, such as the Packers, would have fans that not only supersede state lines but international boundries too. I.E., English as a 2nd language

Have a little class when you speak to my friend next time...

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Great match-up. Remember this: The Grape Apes dominated them in the NFC Championship game. It was mostly luck that there were that many turnovers from the Vikings.

Also, the year before last, the Vikings also won at New Orleans (with Tarvarris Jackson as the QB). Their defense does a great job, as good as any, containing Drew Brees. It's because of their great DL starting with Jared the hillbilly Allen. I hate that guy.

We need to win this division. The Vikings have won it 2 straight. And to get a bye in the playoffs, you must win the division period, or you're playing a wildcard game.

So we need the Saints to win. I'd love them to beat the schit out of the Vikings, batter and bruise Farve, and Peterson, and bang Percy Harvin's head into migraine-ville.

I think they will miss Sidney Rice a lot and I expect a lot of Adrian Peterson. Their gameplan should call for 30+ Peterson runs. Let's hope his fumble rate stays the same because that will mean about 2 cough-ups.

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Im just going to assume that being a Viking fan, and only talking to other people in the state of MN, it wouldnt occur to you that a team with an actual following, such as the Packers, would have fans that not only supersede state lines but international boundries too. I.E., English as a 2nd language

Have a little class when you speak to my friend next time...
I just put PP on ignore.
(PP. *Snicker*) :Heristical:

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Great match-up. Remember this: The Grape Apes dominated them in the NFC Championship game. It was mostly luck that there were that many turnovers from the Vikings.

Also, the year before last, the Vikings also won at New Orleans (with Tarvarris Jackson as the QB). Their defense does a great job, as good as any, containing Drew Brees. It's because of their great DL starting with Jared the hillbilly Allen. I hate that guy.

We need to win this division. The Vikings have won it 2 straight. And to get a bye in the playoffs, you must win the division period, or you're playing a wildcard game.

So we need the Saints to win. I'd love them to beat the schit out of the Vikings, batter and bruise Farve, and Peterson, and bang Percy Harvin's head into migraine-ville.

I think they will miss Sidney Rice a lot and I expect a lot of Adrian Peterson. Their gameplan should call for 30+ Peterson runs. Let's hope his fumble rate stays the same because that will mean about 2 cough-ups.

No way The Interceptor will let Peterson "run" the team. And in the unliklihood that he does, Peterson has shown he's prone to injury. The QB's there to throw passes, not hand the ball off. He'll ultimately destroy the team, just like last year-- but a lot earlier this year as he returns to his normal interception percentage. And don't forget his soon to be fumble record as well. No one in the history of the game has given the ball away as frequently as The Interceptor. What a guy.

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And don't forget his soon to be fumble record as well. No one in the history of the game has given the ball away as frequently as The Interceptor. What a guy.
Kudos to you JBlood for bringing up an overlooked record.

Please inform me/us of this more.
How many fumbles has BrINT caused?
And what record are you referring to?
Caused by QBs or all time?
How close is BrINT to breaking that record?
Thanx.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Fumbler is only 2 away from the all-time (regular season) record of 161 fumbles in a career, held by Warren Moon. Moon also holds the record for fumble recoveries with 56--all his own. Of the 159 fumbles by Favre, only 40 were recovered, so he already holds the record of 119 giveaways by fumble. Add those to his record 317 interceptions and he is responsible for 436 gifts to the opposition in his 289 regular season games--just over 1.5 turnovers per game. It is amazing that his teams have risen above these turnovers to give him a winning record.

I can't find his playoff fumble record. He has the all time mark of 30 playoff interceptions.

His 9 multiple interception playoff games led to a 1 and 8 record.

What a guy.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
No way The Interceptor will let Peterson "run" the team. And in the unliklihood that he does, Peterson has shown he's prone to injury. The QB's there to throw passes, not hand the ball off. He'll ultimately destroy the team, just like last year-- but a lot earlier this year as he returns to his normal interception percentage. And don't forget his soon to be fumble record as well. No one in the history of the game has given the ball away as frequently as The Interceptor. What a guy.
Injury prone? Quick, with out looking it up how many games has Peterson missed because of injury? Just like the Viking's DB's suck and the defense is getting old. Perception is always better than reality.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Injury prone? Quick, with out looking it up how many games has Peterson missed because of injury? Just like the Viking's DB's suck and the defense is getting old. Perception is always better than reality.

I stand corrected--missed only 2 games in 3 years. Guess I was thinking about his clavicle in college, the knee in '07.

Vikings do suck; therefore their DBs suck. :happy0005:

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
I stand corrected--missed only 2 games in 3 years. Guess I was thinking about his clavicle in college, the knee in '07.

Vikings do suck; therefore their DBs suck. :happy0005:
Here you go a quick comparison on Packers pass D to Vikings pass D over the last 4 years.

Vikings: Attempts against 2,310, most in the NFL, Yards given up 14,986, most is NFL. 78 Touchdowns, 7th best in the NFL.

Packers: Attempts against 2,107, Yards given up 13,137, 12th best in the NFL, 99 Touchdowns given up, 30th in the NFL. Only teams that gave up more, Detroit and Arizona.

So I think I'll keep the Vikings sucky DB's for now.

Everyone thinks that the reason the Colts win is because of Manning. In reality the Colts pass D keeps them in games. They have only given up 57 TD's to the pass in the last 4 years. They are the only team to average less than 1 td per game over the last 4 years.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here you go a quick comparison on Packers pass D to Vikings pass D over the last 4 years.

Vikings: Attempts against 2,310, most in the NFL, Yards given up 14,986, most is NFL. 78 Touchdowns, 7th best in the NFL.

Packers: Attempts against 2,107, Yards given up 13,137, 12th best in the NFL, 99 Touchdowns given up, 30th in the NFL. Only teams that gave up more, Detroit and Arizona.

So I think I'll keep the Vikings sucky DB's for now.

Everyone thinks that the reason the Colts win is because of Manning. In reality the Colts pass D keeps them in games. They have only given up 57 TD's to the pass in the last 4 years. They are the only team to average less than 1 td per game over the last 4 years.

4 years ago is eons ago in the NFL. The bears went to the freaking SB for the 06 season for christ sake.

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Fumbler is only 2 away from the all-time (regular season) record of 161 fumbles in a career, held by Warren Moon. Moon also holds the record for fumble recoveries with 56--all his own. Of the 159 fumbles by Favre, only 40 were recovered, so he already holds the record of 119 giveaways by fumble. Add those to his record 317 interceptions and he is responsible for 436 gifts to the opposition in his 289 regular season games--just over 1.5 turnovers per game. It is amazing that his teams have risen above these turnovers to give him a winning record.

I can't find his playoff fumble record. He has the all time mark of 30 playoff interceptions.

His 9 multiple interception playoff games led to a 1 and 8 record.

What a guy.
That is pathetic!

And yet the media loves this guy. Especially the commentators who get hard-ons for him.
Well, they are morons for overlooking his flaws.

With that kind of record it's no wonder that BrINT has only one SB win.

Members online

Latest posts