anyone else like this underdog feeling?

sjb12681

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm digging it.

I like when everyone on TV and radio, internet simply writes us off.

I'm waiting for the moment on Sunday when Aaron goes all Keyzer Söze and that leg straightens up for a 70 yd laser pass.

Either way, I love being the underdog. Its the reason I am a bucks, brewers, badgers and most importantly, 25 year packers fan.

Win or lose, this will be a great game

OP
OP
sjb12681

sjb12681

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh, and to boot, I live in Indy and am married to a hardcore colts fan.

I can see a real situation where I won't be able to speak to anyone, including my wife, for the next 2 weeks.

If it happens, my wife will be going to a Superbowl party.

I will be in my cave watching the Superbowl screaming in the dark and scaring our dog for several hours.

OP
OP
sjb12681

sjb12681

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"If the hawks weren't so damn good..."
Eminem - Guts Over Fear ft. Sia:
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Last edited:

Sky King

Reaction score
Back 90's, just before the Super Bowl, a columnist for the Sporting News had written an article about the Packers being double-digit favorites to defeat the Broncos. None of the experts were picking the Broncos. Not one. To paraphrase his column, he stated that the best reason for him to believe the Broncos would pull of an upset was because nobody thought it was possible. It gave me pause to read that before the game. Since then I have thought about that article many times and how even the mighty can fall, swagger and all.

That's why they play the games.

OP
OP
sjb12681

sjb12681

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"If the hawks weren't so damn good..."
Eminem - Guts Over Fear ft. Sia:
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

"...way too soft..."

"... sometimes you have to have a loss rubbed in your face to get pissed off..."

Guts. Over fear.

Guts. Over fear.

Its time for someone to empty that stadium.

And eat some faces OFF!

Go PACK

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Being the underdog or favorite really doesn't matter very much. What matters is the matchups between the packer and Seahawks players and who will win the majority of those individual battles. That's what usually decides games.

LombardiChick

Win or lose, I love this team.
Reaction score
I don't mind being the 'dogs. Almost no one expects us to get out of there alive. I saw a Seahawks fan today say, "Seattle has already won." - which is not an uncommon attitude around here. (I'm from WI but I've lived in Seattle since I was 22.)

If we don't make it out alive, okay. If we do....well, I'll be gracious. I'm a Packer fan. :)

DaveRoller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am thrilled with the win over Dallas and with a wounded ARod don't expect to win Sunday.

So being the underdog is fine.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We Rightfully are the underdog.

But telling Aaron Rodgers he has no chance? hahaha, we know how Arod performs when people doubt him.

Most important offensive player besides Rodgers on Sunday? Adams

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Seattle's D is a monster, but many things can happen that can turn the tide quickly...imagine if one of their premiere D players had to leave the game on an injury, totally could happen and it's happened in the past. I don't expect injury, but this game is so physical that I wouldn't doubt someone is going to get hurt b/c everything is on the line in this game, so guys will be playing ******* both sides. I guarantee you Wilson will be using his legs more in this game, which is dangerous...I'm just expecting SOMETHING that is going to happen to turn in our favor.

Packerlifer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If it makes any difference to the players the underdog role may reduce the pressure enough to loosen the guys up without taking away their focus and motivation. From a fan perspective I think there was more pressure about last week's game. It would have been awful to lose at home to that team in that situation.

This week's game reminds me of the Jan. '96 playoff at San Fran. The Niners were then the reigning Super Bowl champions, with Steve Young, Jerry Rice, et.al. when the Packers went out there for a divisional playoff and won 27-17 to advance to the NFC title game for the first time.

Unfortunately, in the club's history, that's the only time the Packers achieved a major playoff upset. Every other time they've been the underdog they have lost.

OP
OP
sjb12681

sjb12681

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Every time I think of playoffs in sf from the 90s I renemver what a mud pit it was by the end of the first quarter.

3com park was always a mess it seemed.

Come to think of it, whenever we played the 49ers back then home or away the field was always thrashed afterwards

D

Deleted member 6794

Unfortunately, in the club's history, that's the only time the Packers achieved a major playoff upset. Every other time they've been the underdog they have lost.

The Packers defeated the #1, #2 and #3 seed on the road on their way to the Super Bowl XLV win.

dbain21

Chicagoland Packer Fan
Reaction score
Definitely a better feeling cause if you win you get to prove everyone wrong. Losing still stings whether you're an underdog or not..especially with the MVP of the league on your team.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As I recall they were favored in the Super Bowl as well. I'm not sure if they were favored in the opening round at Philly, but if they weren't, it was really close -- 1 or 2 points. That's all Atlanta was favored by, too.

The 2010-11 run was fantastic but some revisionist history seems to indicate we were a huge underdog that somehow shocked the world but in reality, by the time we got in we had everyone's attention. There wasn't a clear cut favorite that year like we have with Seattle now, it was a wide open field.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts