1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone else affected by the California fires?

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by Zombieslayer, Jun 26, 2008.

1. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    We're not directly affected by it, other than the air being smoky and making us sneeze and/or cough. We've been staying inside though because of the air.

Hopefully no one on this board had to move because of them.

2. nathaniel

nathaniel Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    It'd be nice if there was some way to send all the water from the flooding here in Iowa over to California. I think we had enough to put out the entire state if necessary.

3. NDPackerFan

NDPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    If California won't take it, North Dakota would...

Actually, I'd like to see the Missouri River become full again where we live. I know the river floods down south but here it's becoming more sandbar than anything.

4. Heatherthepackgirl

Heatherthepackgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

I think we are seeing the effects of those fires Zombie, every morning its just so hazing. I am so surprised we havent had any fires in this area, usually we have a few. Thank god we havent. I feel so sorry for those people that have to evacuate and not knowing if they have a home to go to when they return. Glad your okay Zombie.

5. Raider Pride

Raider Pride Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    Rain-less Thunder Storms are a killer for Fire Fighters. It makes the fire breaks they dug and cleared useless and set with a a hope and a wish.

It looks like more rain-less thunder stormes are headind into the area.

Be safe Zombie.

6. IronMan

IronMan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +8
    Oil companies will use this as an excuse to raise gas prices.

7. Raider Pride

Raider Pride Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    Exactly Iron man.... And wacko Californians will use this as proof of Global Warming to stop oil drilling in America so Oil Companies have to look for excuses to raise gas prces due to Liber..... BEEB BEEP BEEP...
    WARNING BEEP BEEP BEEP Thread about to be locked. Beep Beep Beep.

8. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    What really sucks is the wind keeps picking up.

I'm praying no firefighters get killed. I've heard horror stories of firefighters fighting a blaze, then the wind turns and they're trapped in the flames. Horrible way to die, and firefighters are some of my favorite people in the country - people who serve people for a living.

Heather - Glad you and Packin are ok.