Anyone collect old Packer games?

Rilamann

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Does anyone around here collect and trade old Packer games?

Im looking for any Packer games from 1992 and 1993 and the 80's that I don't have,I have a decent size collection and would be willing to trade some games if anyone is intrested.I don't sell games I only trade so im not on here trying to make a profit.Its just a hobby of mine as a Packer fan.Im in the process of converting my games to DVD,if your games are not on DVD thats ok I will be willing to convert them for you if we make a trade and any games you get in return from me will be on DVD.I only trade orginal broadcasts not replays or highlight films.

Heres a list of some of my games.

http://www.webspawner.com/users/rilascl ... index.html

OP
OP
R

Rilamann

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well it would be kinda hard to trade with someone if they don't have any games to trade lol.I'd be willing to sell some games if the NFL didnt have rules agianst that. :evil:

rabidgopher04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, I understand that. I'm just asking how someone gets into that in the first place. The only game I have is the Cleveland game this season because i wasn't home. But it's doubtful that you either want that game or don't already have it.

So it's like a trading club for only those fortunate enough to have rare stuff.

How it could work is that I paid you for the tape or DVD cost plus shipping and then you send me the game. You're not really selling the game, just the materials then.

OP
OP
R

Rilamann

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh ok I see what you mean.As someone whos been taping games for awhile I guess I didn't look at it like that,its kinda hard to get into it in the first place if you don't already have games of your own,I see what you're saying.

I started taping Packer games myself awhile ago so I had some to trade for games I didnt have or for older games.

Yea I have the Browns game from this year.Im basically just looking for any Packer games from around 1995 and older and ecspecially from the '92 and '93 seasons since im 27 and thats around the time I realy started following the Packers and its a lot of fun watching those old games with Favre so early in his Packer carrer.Problem is no one realy seems to have any from those 2 seasons,even a few other Packer game collectors that i've talked to don't have more than a couple from 92 and 93.Luckly I been able to get a couple of the better games from '92 though like when Favre came in vs Bengals when Majkowski got hurt,Favre's first start vs the Steelers,the Eagles game when Reggie White seperated Favre's shoulder and Favre went back in and the Pack won game,and the one vs the Bears at Soldier field,but those are the only 4 I have from '92.I'd like to get the entire '92 and '93 seasons though thats kinda my goal right now with this hobby,I know somebody out there has to have em.

I would definalty be willing sell some for those that don't have any to trade and maybe you can if you sell the materials and not the actual game like you said.

Am I not allowed to give the link to my game list? I see it was removed.If anyone would be intrested in trading or wants to see my list send me a Email at [email protected] or send me a message.I'd also trade for Packer Games from the 80's as well or other classic NFL playoff games.

jdlax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rilamann, here is your link. They don't show up in the forum right now if you just write it in www dot websitename dot com style.

Rilamann's website of Packer games on tape

For future reference, to make it show up, hit that icon that looks like Earth with a red wing
You must be logged in to see this image or video!
and enter your web link where it tells you to. :)

rabidgopher04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Looks like you have a lot of good games. The one I've been dying to have for years is SB XXXI.

Are these games free of commercials? What kind of quality are we talking here?

Cheesehog

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I looked this up from a post long ago by a person named BROWNSFAN57 HERE. HE STATED HE HAD GAMES FROM 91-PRESENT and was looking to trade. He had this listed under his e-mail addy. hope this helps.

[email protected]

fvre4mvp

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One way to sell games is to sell a card or a can of coke . Then you can charge x amount of dollars for the can of coke and the game comes free with your purchase hope I helped

LambeauEast

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have quite a few games on tape. Don't quote me on this, but I believe my first one is a 93' Bears game. It's been so long since I've went back and checked. And with having the satellite, I have virtually every win from the last six seasons (minus the times the satellite was not being friendly)...which of course isn't what you're looking for. I was looking at your list, and would love to have that Cowboy revenge game, among others.

OP
OP
R

Rilamann

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up about the link JD.

All the games I have are very good quality,some better than others but they're all very good.The only game I have that i'd consider not that great of quality is the 49ers vs Packers monday night game from '96,I 'd make a trade for that one if anyone has it in good quality.Also when I convert my games to DVD I only do it in 2 hour SP mode which takes up 2 discs for one game but the picture quality is realy good.

Some games have commercials and some don't Gopher that superbowl XXXI dosent have the commercials that one I taped myself and I always edit out the commercials.Some of those older commercials are kinda cool to see now though,my copy of that 1983 monday night Packers vs Redskins game has all the commercials and theres some computer and car commercials that are pretty funny to see 22 years later lol.That game also has that week's Bart Star show,a lot of games have the post game pre game shows as well.All the games from '95 to present I taped myself and I have some pre game or post game or both on just about all of them.I got a lot of local Milwaukee post game on that superbowl xxxi DVD and I got that nights 10'o clock news on there from Milwaukee as well which was extended to an hour that night and yes it was all Packers coverage of course.Its got player interviews and fan reaction from Green Bay and Milwaukee too.I also have the Packers motorcade in Green Bay and the return to title town event at Lambeau the next day on its own DVD.

Some of those older games from the 60's,70's and 80's im still waiting on from a trade I made recently but I should have them any day now.All the ones on my site from the 90's I already have now though.

Lambeau east,if you get a chance let me know what games you have from '93 i'd definalty be intrested in those.No rush though and I probably won't be making any trades or selling DVD materials untill after the holidays and I get those games im waiting on.

Anyone intrested just send me a email anytime at [email protected] and let me know what games you'd want,theres a typo on my site with my email adress and theres some kinda of glitch on there that won't let me fix it.

LambeauEast

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Back in 93' through 98' I had to rely on what was shown locally on Florida and Connecticut television, so as you can imagine, that Bears game is probably the only one from 93. And I'm not even sure if the quality has held up over all these years with all the moving, and not the best storage. But I will definitely check out what I have and their quality over the the Holidays.

And the Broncos @ Pack game has most of the Vikings choking @ Arizona on it as well (including every facet of said choke). It's the only Packer game that has more of another game on it than the Packer game (near the end of course). Man, it was fun switching back and forth that day.

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i have a bunch of games on tape, including both superbowls and the last county stadium game. i had the show favre forever, which is narrated bt billy bob thorton, but am having a hard time finding the tape.

Members online

Latest posts