1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Big Announcement Coming for 2015 Football Season!!

Be on the look out for a big Packer Forum announcement when the schedule is released. Full details coming soon...

Anyone been to San Fran?

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by Pat4DaPack, Jan 29, 2012.

1. Pat4DaPack

Pat4DaPack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +180
    The Fam and I are going over the summer, what should we do?

2. Dan115

Dan115 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +481
    I think they have a famous bridge.

3. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,673
    I lived there for a few years.
    Maybe I can help.
    It all depends on what types of things you as a family like to do, what's in your budget (San Fran can be quite expensive. Well, to live there. I don't know what the hotel rates are and there aren't any cheap motel chains downtown that I know of.) and the ages of any kids you might have.
    Off the top of my head: (You'll have to Google for details.)
    The Exploritorium. (Look into the Tactile Dome if they still have it.)
    A Cable Car ride up and down the hills. (Don't wait in a long line where all the tons of tourists are. Walk up a block or two and jump on at a stop.)
    The Cable Car museum. It's really cool to watch the big wheels turning the big cables, learning how the Cable Cars work and getting a souvenir piece of used cable. I still have mine.
    Baseball game at either Oakland A's or SF Giants.
    China Town with all the dirt cheap fun Chinese tourist souvenirs (Back scratchers and beanies) in bins outside shops selling dirt cheap tourist souvenirs. Notice the dragons on the lamp posts. Be sure to stop in and eat at the Lotus Garden for some really good top quality Chinese food.
    North Beach is the stripper/adult section.
    The Castro is the gay community area.
    The Tenderloin is the urban plight. Probably good to stay away from there after dark. Or even during the day.
    The Mission is the hispanic area filled with beautiful murals and Mexican places to eat.
    The Haight (Ashbury) is the birthplace of the hippie and some of that culture is still there.
    (I scored some good weed near there last May when I was visiting.)
    Depending on where you stay or your needs, you may not need to rent a car since the SF Bay Area is awesome with public transportation. (MUNI serves SF, BART takes you to the East Bay and back through tunnels under the water of the bay.)
    Sometimes it may take a little while but IMO it beats the hassle of driving, parking and paying for all of that.
    Does that help?
    Any questions?

4. realcaliforniacheese

realcaliforniacheese A-Rods Boss

Ratings:
    +964
    "If your going to San Francisco, be sure to wear some flowers in your hair". for the old folks:D

• Like Like x 1
  5. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,673
    I have that 45.
    And it has a nice song on the B side.