Any word on Morgan Burnett?

SoonerPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sure would be nice to have him back. Fingers crossed he is ready to answer the bell! G P G!

If (and when) we get this W on Sunday the Hawks will be 0-2 and that would be a beautiful thing. This game was big before but with 0-2 staring them in the face it's gotten even bigger. I expect them to come out with guns-a-blazin Sunday night. Big test but I like our chances.

D

Deleted member 6794

McCarthy said during his press conference that he's hopeful Burnett will be able to practice today.

OP
OP
Vrill

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Burnett brings us a hardnosed hard hitting presence in your secondary. He was missed against Chicago. Him being back makes our run D at least a little better.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Burnett is a guy who's noticeably stepped up his game over the last couple of season's. But his biggest impact is against the run. It'd be big to have him healthy and ready for this game.

D

Deleted member 6794

Burnett is a guy who's noticeably stepped up his game over the last couple of season's. But his biggest impact is against the run. It'd be big to have him healthy and ready for this game.

Burnett had a below average season in 2013 but rebounded nicely last season and turned into one of the best safeties defending the run.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yeah, 2013 was not a good year, but I'm giving him a pass. I think it was mostly due to trying to make up for the giant sucking hole he had to cover on the field because of the "other guys" we had out there. In short, it was an anomaly, he's played nicely and improved some mostly ever year as far as I can tell. He's not Nick Collins, but I doubt we'll see one of him again for a while.

D

Deleted member 6794

Mike McCarthy does have a presser today I think, I expect he'll say something about it.

McCarthy already had his press conference today and said that if Burnett makes it through Saturday's practice without any setback he's ready to go for Sunday.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Morgan Burnett had a pick 6, a fumble recovery and a sack Sunday night.

Oh wait, I wasn't suppose to report that until Monday morning, my bad. :coffee:

Members online