Any updates from camp?

OP
OP
ThePerfectBeard

ThePerfectBeard

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As Charles Johnson laid face-down on the grass of Ray Nitschke Field on Saturday morning, every thought in the mind of the rookie seventh-round receiver raced around one thing.
Not again.
Only three months into his NFL career, the 24-year-old Johnson suffered his second professional setback during the second day of Green Bay Packers’ training camp on Saturday when he injured his knee trying to reach back for an underthrown pass from quarterback Graham Harrell.

Ugh.. I had high hopes for this kid. Hope it's nothing serious.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No wonder he's off to a slow start in camp. :eek: There were concerns about weight being a problem with him going into the draft.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Shawnsta3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lacy did well in the red zone today, scores from 3,5 and 11.

Datone Jones had a monster practice putting T.J Lang on his back twice and also dropping back once and breaking up a pass. Good to hear.

H

HardRightEdge

Lacy did well in the red zone today, scores from 3,5 and 11.

Datone Jones had a monster practice putting T.J Lang on his back twice and also dropping back once and breaking up a pass. Good to hear.

MM commented that Jones needs to improve on finishing plays.

Shawnsta3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know, guys. I feel like Starks has the inside track over Green for a roster spot.

It's been awfully quiet on the Nick Perry front, no?

H

HardRightEdge

I don't know, guys. I feel like Starks has the inside track over Green for a roster spot.

It's been awfully quiet on the Nick Perry front, no?

We know Starks is an effective runner when healthy. He just can't seem to stay that way. He must get through the preseason without getting dinged. In the end, I'm not optimistic. He's a physical runner who takes on tacklers, while at the same time demonstrating brittleness going back to college.

Green? He's on the bubble regardless...only the default option. His best chance is if MM decides to break pattern and go with 4 TBs and/or Harris or Starks can't go. He needs to show something more in preseason than we've seen in the past (i.e., run with more authority), otherwise he looks like just another Brandon Jackson, but without the pass blocking skills.

Perry? We need to see how his one-on-one stats accumulate in the padded practices to get some idea. The book is still out on whether he's irredeemably a 4-3 DE.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I will almost guarantee that Starks will be the #1 at the start of the season if he is healthy. There is no reason to start Lacy or Franklin unless they are tearing it up Adrian Peterson-style. Van Pelt and McCarthy will immediately start giving Lacy and Franklin game reps and increase or decrease them based on production. Green of course will be in the mix too. If and when Starks does get hurt, then the door is open for Lacy or Franklin....or Green.

Einstein McFly

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They don't publish the stats, but I haven't heard anything good said about Van Roten or about Barclay at center. Who is our backup going to be? We can't just go in there with EDS and no one else, but it sounds like maybe Van Roten hasn't taken the step forward that people had been hoping for.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts