Any Ty Montgomery news?

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For me, the big take-away from it was that Coughlin held JJ in high enough regard to capitulate. Coughlin isn't exactly known for being "player friendly."
Generally true. However, if you ever get a chance to watch a video about their miracle 2007 Super Bowl season, you'll hear about how he completely changed his persona that season. He switched from the grumpy old coach to an affable man who was in touch with his players. They really responded...obviously. He still rides that line but he does have a heart. It's just not shown very often.

Notso

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Generally true. However, if you ever get a chance to watch a video about their miracle 2007 Super Bowl season, you'll hear about how he completely changed his persona that season. He switched from the grumpy old coach to an affable man who was in touch with his players. They really responded...obviously. He still rides that line but he does have a heart. It's just not shown very often.

I know Coughlin has softened some over the years but the stuff I saw about this situation made it sound like this wasn't something he would normally do for a guy unless he held the guy in high regard. Which made me happy.

In other news, I just read where The Montster (hat tip to Eli Haugen) has been downgraded to "doubtful" while Adams and Raji are up to "probable."

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If he's back I think our chances of winning go way up. Panthers don't have a 3rd man who can match his speed and Josh Norman can only take one man at a time. Rodgers was willing to throw to Davante Adams last year in the win vs New England and if he's willing to challenge the Panthers' 3rd corner on Ty, I think that's a battle that's going to favor us big time.

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If he's back I think our chances of winning go way up. Panthers don't have a 3rd man who can match his speed and Josh Norman can only take one man at a time. Rodgers was willing to throw to Davante Adams last year in the win vs New England and if he's willing to challenge the Panthers' 3rd corner on Ty, I think that's a battle that's going to favor us big time.
I think people overestimate his speed..He ran a 4.55 at the combine, and most any CB on the field will be at least that fast. He's quick and physical though, so if he were to get enough room to catch the ball, he could make a play.

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Why would you think he'll be the #3 WR?

He's the #4 and will get some spot duty getting mixed in 3 WR sets but that's all

D

Deleted member 6794

As RRyder correctly pointed out Montgomery will be the #4 receiver on Sunday if he´s able to play. I hope the Packers start using four receiver sets though, with the Panthers secondary being extremely physical but mostly slow for secondary players I would love to see Janis run some go routes vs. Tillman on some plays.

Reaction score
As RRyder correctly pointed out Montgomery will be the #4 receiver on Sunday if he´s able to play. I hope the Packers start using four receiver sets though, with the Panthers secondary being extremely physical but mostly slow for secondary players I would love to see Janis run some go routes vs. Tillman on some plays.
I completely agree. I think Janis has earned an opportunity to get some deep looks.
I'd keep Jeffs' snaps limited but his routes longer

D

Deleted member 6794

Problem is, if they see Janis check in, they'll be alert for the go route.

First of all the Panthers don't have anyone capable of matching Janis speed and even if they're alert for the long ball it makes it easier to complete short to intermediate passes.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jetfixer, you're correct. That 33 yarder the other week was a short flip that enabled him to use his speed in the open.

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Seems like there is a chance Ty will play Sunday. Good news.

Reaction score
Seems like there is a chance Ty will play Sunday. Good news.
Cool. Ty has been worth his weight in gold. He's seems so fluid in space and I like he's got a nice stiff arm. Nice combination of good hands, good speed, good instincts and a good physical finisher. Even if we can just have him back in a limited role I'd be happy.
I'm excited that he is coming on so strong so quickly and I think if he's healthy in January he's gonna be our "Davante Adams" type rookie of the 2015 playoffs.

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Montsters injury didn't look bad but I'm thinking we should be cautious. Adams too. Lets give another try with Cobb jones and some extra Janis this time.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts