Any tips or suggestions for a first timer at Lambeau?

ztro4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I live in Erie, PA and have been a lifelong Packer fan. Going to be making my first trip up to Green Bay for the opener against Buffalo. Just curious to see if any of you guys had any inside tips on traffic/parking things to do at the stadium, etc. I appreciate all your help and Go Pack GO!

OP
OP
Z

ztro4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NFL Ticket Exchange or you can try StubHub as well...I had to pay 100 bucks a ticket but I figured well worth it

firehire

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lambeau Field is an experience. Eat at Curly's Pub, take the stadium tour and visit the GB Packers HOF in the basement. Have fun!

PackAttackUK

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Are you going the day of the game? Or the day before?
If you're going the day before, then I strongly advise you do the stadium tour and the Packers hall of fame. It's fantastic, and also fascinating! Also, you should most def. tailgate before the game.

OP
OP
Z

ztro4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gonna be doing the day of the game. We defiantely will be doing the tailgating thing, just wasn't sure of what to see inside...I appreciate all your guys help.

gbpack12_2_89

Bleeding Green and Gold
Reaction score
Yeah you deffinatly want to bar hop a little best bars to go to is Stadium View and Anduzzi's, if they win the game I strongly suggest that you go to those bars after the game because they will be Packed and they will have live bands and all that fun stuff. Before the game deffinatly tailgate in Lambeaus parking lot. People at the tailgate parties very rarely care on who comes to there party just give em a tip and they will serve you food and beer, and if you want you should stop by my tailgate spot. We are in a big bus and its called Titletown SWAT, you are more than welcome to stop by and have a couple of drinks with us.

OP
OP
Z

ztro4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gbaypack12 thanks for the invite we will be on the lookout for the SWAT bus. All of these ideas are awesome and I appreciate everyones insight.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ztro: Be sure to come back and let us know how it was for ya.
Cause all too often we see these posts of "Coming to Green Bay. What do I do?" and the fans will give all sorts of tips. But then we don't ever read from that person again!
So it would be appreciated if you come back and let us know of how it was for ya.

X-Factor

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm going to that game too... I'm so excited. It's a 12:00 game so we are going for brunch first ~ not quite the same thing as tailgating but I'm still excited. :)

PackFanatic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
when driving from madison area for a noon game i leave at 6:30 am 2 h 11 min 123 miles door to door. we park at the sideline bar across from the verizon gate. i purchase the magazinw put it in my vehicle then get the bloody mary's rolling. i go into the stadium one hour before game to take photos and absorb the vibes.

Then watch the Packers DOMINATE!! :)

OP
OP
Z

ztro4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ztro: Be sure to come back and let us know how it was for ya.
Cause all too often we see these posts of "Coming to Green Bay. What do I do?" and the fans will give all sorts of tips. But then we don't ever read from that person again!
So it would be appreciated if you come back and let us know of how it was for ya.

Will do my friend looking to become an active member here on the board.

Mushroom

Packer Owner/Shareholder
Reaction score
Save money on parking, park on 14th, 12th or 11th street (neighborhood).....Its an extra 5 minute walk, but it'll be nice out...

Mushroom

Packer Owner/Shareholder
Reaction score
Save money on parking, park on 14th, 12th or 11th street (neighborhood).....Its an extra 5 minute walk, but it'll be nice out...
I should clarify, its free parking there...but, now that I think, its more like a 10 minute walk at least

Grave

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If the JS still publishes Cliff Christl's food & drink recs it helps. Buit you can't miss having a good time at Lambeau.

Ted's Zombie Army

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you see Pope Vince when you are wandering around the parking lot, stop and take a pic with him. It's good karma.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts