Any Receiver In The Draft

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
If the Packers could acquire any receiver they wanted in the upcoming draft then which one would you want them to have?

I personally like Justin Hunter (Tennessee). He seems like a good receiver with a bright future,

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Robert Woods has the "Packers Persona" and fits our prototype.
Hunter is the best prospect we could hope for.
Honestly this draft is full of our prototype: 6'+, 4.55- 40yd, YAC receivers who play any receiver spot.

ThePerfectBeard

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Honestly Keenan Allen, DeAndre Hopkins, or Cordarrelle Patterson. These guys have big frames and could be stars. There's not a ton of amazing talent at the wide out position this draft. It's almost better to wait for a lower ranked player on a smaller school that could be special. That's why I'm big on us getting a big Tight End this year. I really want this team to start running 2 Tight End sets. I think it would work out amazing as far as exploiting defenses, but also giving Aaron a little more time. Also it opens up the middle of the field for slots and makes deep patterns easier.

*Edit.. another guy would be Cobi Hamilton who we could pick up maybe in the second.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Honestly Keenan Allen, DeAndre Hopkins, or Cordarrelle Patterson. These guys have big frames and could be stars. There's not a ton of amazing talent at the wide out position this draft. It's almost better to wait for a lower ranked player on a smaller school that could be special. That's why I'm big on us getting a big Tight End this year. I really want this team to start running 2 Tight End sets. I think it would work out amazing as far as exploiting defenses, but also giving Aaron a little more time. Also it opens up the middle of the field for slots and makes deep patterns easier.

*Edit.. another guy would be Cobi Hamilton who we could pick up maybe in the second.
Allen yes, Hopkins yes, Patterson is a problem so no, Hamilton yes. Our WR corp is too good for us to run that many 2 TE sets, plus it limits the way we spread the defense. We're not the Patriots and we will not try to be. 3 Wide Single Back sets are IMO the most fun you can have with a defense, and fit this team well. Especially considering after Finley our TE are all blockers.

TE could almost as deep as WR depending on who declares. The next 3 years will all have ridiculous TE.

ThePerfectBeard

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Allen yes, Hopkins yes, Patterson is a problem so no, Hamilton yes. Our WR corp is too good for us to run that many 2 TE sets, plus it limits the way we spread the defense. We're not the Patriots and we will not try to be. 3 Wide Single Back sets are IMO the most fun you can have with a defense, and fit this team well. Especially considering after Finley our TE are all blockers.

TE could almost as deep as WR depending on who declares. The next 3 years will all have ridiculous TE.

Good point about Patterson... wasn't really thinking about it that hard, but he does have his issues. I know we'll never run a two tight end offense, but it would take a damn good rookie tight end to unseat Finley even though he's not that good. We might not see the kid on the field much. As far as tight end depth.. I agree there's a lot, but as far as wide receiver I really don't think there's a lot of talent this year.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Good point about Patterson... wasn't really thinking about it that hard, but he does have his issues. I know we'll never run a two tight end offense, but it would take a damn good rookie tight end to unseat Finley even though he's not that good. We might not see the kid on the field much. As far as tight end depth.. I agree there's a lot, but as far as wide receiver I really don't think there's a lot of talent this year.
our prototype is 6'+, sub 4.55, and lots of YAC. All over this draft.

OP
OP
Wood Chipper

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
YAC is not a stat I trust. It fluctuates too much. Drops and how well people run their routes is important to me.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We need a speedster who can produce right away if jennings leaves and that guy is Terrance williams from Baylor. At 6'2 205 pound running about a 4.48 40 time you can't get any more prototypical than that. I believe he can come in and take the #4 spot over Boykins.

ThePerfectBeard

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We need a speedster who can produce right away if jennings leaves and that guy is Terrance williams from Baylor. At 6'2 205 pound running about a 4.48 40 time you can't get any more prototypical than that. I believe he can come in and take the #4 spot over Boykins.

I have to say I love this guy's combination of size, speed, and vertical leaping ability, but knock on him is his hands. I don't like that he's dropped quite a few balls that should have been easily caught. That being said... he'll fit right in ;)

NorthWestCheeseHead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Austin has everything we like except height, if he was 3-4 inches taller he'd be top 15. Wheaton would good.

I realize the rational of wanting to have a WR taller than the opposing DB's, but is that 3 or 4 inches Austin is short something that can be worked with or no/go? I'm curious; I really liked the handful of highlights I found of him.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
I realize the rational of wanting to have a WR taller than the opposing DB's, but is that 3 or 4 inches Austin is short something that can be worked with or no/go? I'm curious; I really liked the handful of highlights I found of him.
I'd say no go personally. We tend to stick around that 6'0 line. Cobb was the shortest guy we drafted at the position in a long time.

BorderRivals.com

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As much as we'd love the next physical freak, Packers are probably going to look for the quick, twitchy, YAC guy to replace Jennings. Robert Woods fits that mold perfectly. He's a good route-runner and plucks the ball. His stats this season dropped b/c of Lee's emergency. As a result, he'll fall further than he probably should. A nice second-round value potentially. One website compared him to Blackmon entering this season. If that's the case, he'd be a nice 4WR, to say the least.

ThePerfectBeard

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As much as we'd love the next physical freak, Packers are probably going to look for the quick, twitchy, YAC guy to replace Jennings. Robert Woods fits that mold perfectly. He's a good route-runner and plucks the ball. His stats this season dropped b/c of Lee's emergency. As a result, he'll fall further than he probably should. A nice second-round value potentially. One website compared him to Blackmon entering this season. If that's the case, he'd be a nice 4WR, to say the least.
What's the point of having that kind of wide out when we don't use slants and short routes? Minus well go big or go home unless we change our game plan.

Members online

Latest posts