1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Any point in winning now?

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by mattresell, Nov 22, 2005.

1. sunshine

sunshine Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    shewyyy, ipb - let's have a beer together - it's only 6:48AM here!!!
    :pals:

ok, i feel better - how 'bout you??
    not to comment on your post...

1. absolutely no doubts here - they will NOT lay down the rest of the season - no way, no how.

2. i have believed for many years that the #1 draft picks tend to be a bust - too pampered at college & then once they hit the NFL, are in WAY over their heads - i said some, not ALL!!!

3. whether we like it or not, Sherman will be back - unless Favre distances himself from him in the next few months.

4. a few weeks ago, i would have totally disagreed but i now do feel brett will be back for one more season. alot depends on decisions made by management as well as what his family wants. if it was just PURE competitivenesss - it's a lock he comes back - all the other BS is what he's gotta get through.

5. not sure who we'll lose after this season but we WILL lose some former key players.

6. uhhh...no thanks on watching some draft site - boring!!! remember, i AM a girl!! :lol:

7. and yes, if rossley was taken out of the beloved 66's sherossley equation, we might get some better plays called - MIGHT!!

ok, time for another beer, ipb. you game?? 8)

2. bavpb

bavpb Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

Nothing but support for # 1 to 7. Okay one thing remains to say:

PROST!! [​IMG]

3. PackerChick

PackerChick Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Thats what Ive always said all along musccy. Top picks are meaningless. Most of the time they dont always pan out. I know they are overhyped.

4. JbShell

JbShell Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    And top picks are way overpriced. Wish I could get a job that would pay me before I proved my worth

5. digsthepack

digsthepack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Losing sucks..no ifs ands or buts about it. But if any coach or player laid down out of frustration or as an orchestrated effort to move up the draft board, they should have their a$$ run out of town faster than sh1t runs through a goose. You take every win you can as it builds confidence and momentum for the next year...and it builds a mindset, just the same as losing does.

6. PWT36

PWT36 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Bobby R--Excellent Post. I could not say it any better!! I remember a Packer team playing the last game of the year and was in line if they lost the game to get potentially The can't miss QB in draft. The Packers won that game and Cowboys drafted that QB named Akman. And he had great games against the Packers in the 90's. But the Packers won in the end because they never "tank it in" and neither will this '05 Packer team. Especially that last game of year, Mr Holmgren and his first place Seahawks are coming to Lambeau Field on New Years Day. That game will be seen on nationwide TV and will be a battle. This not the first Packer team that started out 2-8, it is the sixth one that has started out 2-8. The last one was 1991 Packer team coached by Lindy Infante. Wolf, Holmgren, White, and Favre came along in 1992-1993 and five years later the Packers beat Patriot's in the Super Bowl. In 1958, the Packers were 1-10-1. The next year 1959, Vince Lombardi came to Green Bay and won five NFL Championships in eight years with the "Glory Years Packers." Packer Fans keep the Faith!!! Whether the team wins or loses. Many long time Packer fans have done so through losing era of 1948-1958 very long mostly losing period of 1968-1991. Don't "bail out" just because of one disappointing season. All teams have losing seasons.

7. CaliforniaCheez

CaliforniaCheez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    The posters from Liberal voting states saying to surrender the season do not have an understanding of draft history. Go look at Miskito's post on page one. The Bears have been there.

Teams that draft in the top 5 are usually doomed to stay there. Few want the headache of putting so many cap dollars into an unproven player. Look at how long Cincinatti, Cleveland, Arizona, and Chicago got stuck having high draft picks.

They fail at almost the same rate as 4th round picks but each failure is much more costly. Some of you forget that Jamal Reynolds is still counting against the salary cap. Because of high cap number the Packers cut Hunter Hillenmeyer rather than Reynolds.

Who trades up to get a top 5 pick? Very rare situation. Most teams are stuck with the Ryan Leaf's, Akili Smith's, Curtis Enis, Andre Wadsworth, Charles Rodgers, Courtney Brown's, Gerrald Warren, Justin Smith, Joey Harrington's that haunt a franchise like a Tony Mandarich.

The worst thing that can happen to a franchise is to get a very early pick.

8. MajicMan

MajicMan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Luckily, we don't have to tank games. We're more than capable of losing without going that route. All we need is a second half!

And no, no Brett sitting. I don't want the streak to EVER end. Retirement is the only thing that should end that streak. I think Brett will be back...

I'm not going to worry about Bush being a bust...Quite frankly, that's highly unlikely. There are superstars that are taken 1-2, you know. I'd bet Bush is one of those guys. :idea:

9. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8

Regarding the 'highly unlikely' portion. They said the same thing about dozens and dozens of athletes. ie, Mandrich, etc

10. IPBprez

IPBprez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5
    HInt - read blue area only.....

Being a tad bit political der eh, Cheez....? [GRin] J/K
    I got yer back, der John Wayne - guns a-blazin'..... GO PACK GO on every shot!

11. Philtration

Philtration Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +9
    You can’t be serious. What kind of message would it send to your players, fans and potential free agents if you just roll over for a higher draft pick? The Bengals had top 10 and many times top 5 picks in the draft for 15 years and went absolutely no place. :shock: