Any point in winning now? 13 year old thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunshine

Cheesehead
Reaction score
shewyyy, ipb - let's have a beer together - it's only 6:48AM here!!!
:pals:

ok, i feel better - how 'bout you??
not to comment on your post...

1. absolutely no doubts here - they will NOT lay down the rest of the season - no way, no how.

2. i have believed for many years that the #1 draft picks tend to be a bust - too pampered at college & then once they hit the NFL, are in WAY over their heads - i said some, not ALL!!!

3. whether we like it or not, Sherman will be back - unless Favre distances himself from him in the next few months.

4. a few weeks ago, i would have totally disagreed but i now do feel brett will be back for one more season. alot depends on decisions made by management as well as what his family wants. if it was just PURE competitivenesss - it's a lock he comes back - all the other BS is what he's gotta get through.

5. not sure who we'll lose after this season but we WILL lose some former key players.

6. uhhh...no thanks on watching some draft site - boring!!! remember, i AM a girl!! :lol:

7. and yes, if rossley was taken out of the beloved 66's sherossley equation, we might get some better plays called - MIGHT!!

ok, time for another beer, ipb. you game?? 8)

bavpb

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IPBprez said:
Alrighty guys -- here this... and here it good.....

illyjules said:
shewyyy, ipb - let's have a beer together - it's only 6:48AM here!!!
ok, i feel better - how 'bout you??.....

Nothing but support for # 1 to 7. Okay one thing remains to say:

PROST!!
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
musccy said:
Miskito...

you're right about #1 picks overhyped...what if the Packers play to lose, and Reggie Bush turns out to be another Mandrich, Akili Smith, Tim Couch....

but at the same time...what has the potential to benefit the franchise more? The shot at a top draft pick, or a 5-11 season?

Thats what Ive always said all along musccy. Top picks are meaningless. Most of the time they dont always pan out. I know they are overhyped.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Losing sucks..no ifs ands or buts about it. But if any coach or player laid down out of frustration or as an orchestrated effort to move up the draft board, they should have their *** run out of town faster than **** runs through a goose. You take every win you can as it builds confidence and momentum for the next year...and it builds a mindset, just the same as losing does.

PWT36

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bobby R--Excellent Post. I could not say it any better!! I remember a Packer team playing the last game of the year and was in line if they lost the game to get potentially The can't miss QB in draft. The Packers won that game and Cowboys drafted that QB named Akman. And he had great games against the Packers in the 90's. But the Packers won in the end because they never "tank it in" and neither will this '05 Packer team. Especially that last game of year, Mr Holmgren and his first place Seahawks are coming to Lambeau Field on New Years Day. That game will be seen on nationwide TV and will be a battle. This not the first Packer team that started out 2-8, it is the sixth one that has started out 2-8. The last one was 1991 Packer team coached by Lindy Infante. Wolf, Holmgren, White, and Favre came along in 1992-1993 and five years later the Packers beat Patriot's in the Super Bowl. In 1958, the Packers were 1-10-1. The next year 1959, Vince Lombardi came to Green Bay and won five NFL Championships in eight years with the "Glory Years Packers." Packer Fans keep the Faith!!! Whether the team wins or loses. Many long time Packer fans have done so through losing era of 1948-1958 very long mostly losing period of 1968-1991. Don't "bail out" just because of one disappointing season. All teams have losing seasons.

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The posters from Liberal voting states saying to surrender the season do not have an understanding of draft history. Go look at Miskito's post on page one. The Bears have been there.

Teams that draft in the top 5 are usually doomed to stay there. Few want the headache of putting so many cap dollars into an unproven player. Look at how long Cincinatti, Cleveland, Arizona, and Chicago got stuck having high draft picks.

They fail at almost the same rate as 4th round picks but each failure is much more costly. Some of you forget that Jamal Reynolds is still counting against the salary cap. Because of high cap number the Packers cut Hunter Hillenmeyer rather than Reynolds.

Who trades up to get a top 5 pick? Very rare situation. Most teams are stuck with the Ryan Leaf's, Akili Smith's, Curtis Enis, Andre Wadsworth, Charles Rodgers, Courtney Brown's, Gerrald Warren, Justin Smith, Joey Harrington's that haunt a franchise like a Tony Mandarich.

The worst thing that can happen to a franchise is to get a very early pick.

MajicMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Luckily, we don't have to tank games. We're more than capable of losing without going that route. All we need is a second half!

And no, no Brett sitting. I don't want the streak to EVER end. Retirement is the only thing that should end that streak. I think Brett will be back...

I'm not going to worry about Bush being a bust...Quite frankly, that's highly unlikely. There are superstars that are taken 1-2, you know. I'd bet Bush is one of those guys. :idea:

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
MajicMan said:
I'm not going to worry about Bush being a bust...Quite frankly, that's highly unlikely. There are superstars that are taken 1-2, you know. I'd bet Bush is one of those guys. :idea:

Regarding the 'highly unlikely' portion. They said the same thing about dozens and dozens of athletes. ie, Mandrich, etc

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
CaliforniaCheez said:
The posters from Liberal voting states saying to surrender the season do not have an understanding of draft history. Go look at Miskito's post on page one. The Bears have been there.

HInt - read blue area only.....

Being a tad bit political der eh, Cheez....? [GRin] J/K
I got yer back, der John Wayne - guns a-blazin'..... GO PACK GO on every shot!

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You can’t be serious. What kind of message would it send to your players, fans and potential free agents if you just roll over for a higher draft pick? The Bengals had top 10 and many times top 5 picks in the draft for 15 years and went absolutely no place. :shock:

Mike McCarthy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Once again, we have a 3% chance of making the playoffs, so there is absolutely no reason to tank for draft pics at this point.

Packer Fan in SD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
13 year old thread, if we win out we have 83% chance for playoffs and this is your offering? Just stop. Your shtick is old and done.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
13 year old thread, if we win out we have 83% chance for playoffs and this is your offering? Just stop. Your shtick is old and done.
Honestly for someone that has been so critical of McCarthy... it’s ironic that the biggest criticism of McCarthy is that he has become stale and unchanging... and yet this guy just keeps at it year after year.... Maybe he really is Mike.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Honestly for someone that has been so critical of McCarthy... it’s ironic that the biggest criticism of McCarthy is that he has become stale and unchanging... and yet this guy just keeps at it year after year.... Maybe he really is Mike.

Its Mike's less successful brother, same tendencies.

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
As much as I want to lose out and get a top 10 pass rusher in the draft, from a chart I saw that depicts what needs to happen for the Packers to make playoffs, it is really not as unlikely as you may think. Unfortunately, I think the toughest part of the Packers making playoffs is beating Chicago on the road. Other than that, its a very likely scenario that if they do win out (with a rather light schedule), they could get a wild card spot.

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Resurrection of a thread from 2005...…I like it!

Evidence that in football, things don't really change all that much.

Reggie White Cheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gesus, i started to read this thread until I got to the 2nd page and realize Reggie Bush was being talked about then I thought did he have a kid and who is already done with college. I did not even realize this was a forum in 2005.. Thanks for the chuckle this morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts