1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Any other Canucks?

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by shiftysdad, Dec 1, 2005.

1. shiftysdad

shiftysdad Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    i havent really looked... but i have the feeling i am the only Canadian on this site, i know only five other people in cnada (maybe four) that are packer fans.

now i'm just wondering... is there anybody else on this site that's Canadian?

2. jdlax

jdlax Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
  3. shiftysdad

shiftysdad Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    alrighty... one!

4. arrowgargantuan

arrowgargantuan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    im in san jose, canada eh...

kidding, but there are many, many, canadians on this forum.

5. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    :Canada: :towel:

6. TOPackerFan

TOPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry I had to edit this because my original post was in French and after I sobered up from lunch I thought better of it. I'm in Toronto (grew up in Winnipeg).

7. PackerChick

PackerChick Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    How is football played in Canada? I know they have different rules than we do.

8. all about da packers

Ratings:
    +0
    For starters, the field is 110 yards, not the 100 yards as in NFL. Secondly, it is only 3 down football. So you have only two chances to get ten yards. Also, the footballs are a little bigger in the CFL, as compared to the NFL. IMO, CFL is not as good as NFL.

9. TOPackerFan

TOPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    The field is also some 20 yards wider and the end zones are 20 yards deep not 10. You also can score something called a rouge. I'm not sure of all the ways but one is to kick a missed field goal attempt through the end zone and the other that I know is to take a knee in your own end zone giving up a point but taking over possession at your own 35 yard line. There also is no fair catch rule.

10. jdlax

jdlax Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    There's no fair catch rule, but there is a "no yards" penalty for, I believe, being within 5 yards of the kick returner when he catches the ball. There's another wierd way to score, and I think I can explain it properly here. Say a guy catches a 5 yard pass, but knows he's gonna get tackled and the game will end, and he loses. He can punt the ball down the field, and if the player(on his team) who theoretically recovers the ball starts off BEHIND the closest defensive player, he can outrun that guy, pick up the ball, and advance it just like he took a handoff or caught a pass. I love the CFL and the NFL equally, for different reasons.

11. cdnpackfan

cdnpackfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Canuck here too 8)

I watch CFL as well. NFL, CFL, NCAA...its all awesome :D

12. shiftysdad

shiftysdad Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    yeah, they're all good... i judt don't like people that claim that cfl is better than nfl only because it is canadian... for me, i like nfl the most, then ncaa, then cfl. i watch the grey cup, maybe some stamps games, and maybe some ruoghrider games. this year not as much.

13. cdnpackfan

cdnpackfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Roughies? Stamps? Come on man, its all about the Blue Bombers :D (even though we did bad last year, thats besides the point).

I used to be all for the CFL. I liked NFL and followed it, but CFL was my choice. Now, I still love the CFL, don't get me wrong....but for the past while I have really followed the NFL closely. But again, NFL, CFL, NCAA...if its on, I'll most likely watch. I don't mind if people prefer one over the other, but it bugs me if one side totally bashes the other without knowing anything about it...or even worse, when the odd person says your not as Canadian or some crap if you follow the NFL more. I mean I love and appreciate the CFL, but love the NFL too.

I'd say most football fans follow both and most people I know who like football as well like both. Most have a preferance however but..

14. all about da packers

Ratings:
    +0
    Bombers eh? Stamps eh? Well its ALL ABOUT THE ARGOS!!!! :p

15. jdlax

jdlax Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    What do you guys think Wally is gonna do about the Printers/Dickenson mess? I personally hope he can look past his ties to DD, and give the ball to CP. They've both demonstrated that they can win games, but DD seems to be kinda fragile, and CP has more years on his side. That, and CP will sell more tickets.

16. shiftysdad

shiftysdad Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    the bombers are terrible... argos on the other hand... meh. riders are and always will be the greatest, they are the packers of the cfl... unless you're talking abpout uniforms. where the eskimos are a blatant rip-off of the packers.

oh, and i don't like the lions either. they just take all the good people from calgary.

17. cdnpackfan

cdnpackfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Ugh Riders :evil: haha. Yeah the Bombers are terrible right now, but hopefully we can re-build quicky. We got some good players, but all-around aren't that great. But hey, there my team!

Sask sorta is like the GB of the CFL. I went to some Bomber/Riders Labour Day games before in Regina, and the town/atmosphere was crazy. It was intense b/c you had a lot of Rider and Bomber fans so...they were great times. However, in GB there is packer stuff EVERYWHERE, even more so then in Regina. But yeah, Saskatchewan is a big football area and passionite fans for sure. Riders are big out there and you see Roughie fans all over.....unfortunately :p

18. jdlax

jdlax Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Saskatchewan fans are easily the classiest in the CFL. Just ask Paul McCallum. :mrgreen:

19. shiftysdad

shiftysdad Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    i still like the riders... even though they sucked this year... i'm not a band wagon person.

20. TOPackerFan

TOPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey cdn, I'm a Bomber fan too (at least until the NFL season starts).