any one elce missing green?

umair

Cheesehead
Reaction score
after seeing the run game in week one i really wish we still had green. i think later on in the season we will find out it was a mistake that we let green go. i hope i am proven wrong next week but as of right now i am missing green. in week one green averaged about 4.5 yards per carry.

he was also fun to watch.

gopackgo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
after seeing the run game in week one i really wish we still had green. i think later on in the season we will find out it was a mistake that we let green go. i hope i am proven wrong next week but as of right now i am missing green. in week one green averaged about 4.5 yards per carry.

Please take into consideration that they were playing the Chiefs. Hopefully when Morency gets healthy, and Jackson gets some experience, we won't have to reminisce about Ahman.

But yes, as of Week 1, Ahman would have been nice.

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
take into consideration how much he was paid it was alot, yes we have room but he got to much money. anyways the o-line didnt open up much to run through. last year in Green Bay, Green avg 4.0 yards a carry and Morency avg 4.6 yards a carry.

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score

yes i miss green, if the pack is 14 million under the cap, why couldn't TT sign him?

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No I don't miss him, and I can guarantee he doesn't miss us after that atrocious showing by the offensive line.

It'll improve, though. NYG defense is in a state of near-shambles.

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pack_in_black said:
yes i miss green, if the pack is 14 million under the cap, why couldn't TT sign him?

I can't believe it's only taken you one day AFTER A WIN(!!!!!) to continue the I-hate-TT-he-can't-run-this-team-second-guessfest.

I can't believe that noone else on this forum feels that with 14 million dollars in cap space, TT could not get a offensive weapon on the team. we had enough room to keep green, or get an replacement. the offense looked terrible, but no one else feels we should have done something to improve the offense this off-season.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pack_in_black said:
dhpackr said:

I can't believe it's only taken you one day AFTER A WIN(!!!!!) to continue the I-hate-TT-he-can't-run-this-team-second-guessfest.

I can't believe that noone else on this forum feels that with 14 million dollars in cap space, TT could not get a offensive weapon on the team. we had enough room to keep green, or get an replacement. the offense looked terrible, but no one else feels we should have done something to improve the offense this off-season.
If you compare what Green did last year with what Morency did, Morency did better. No one could have known Morency would be hurt. HOPEFULLY he can play this week. And HOPEFULLY our O line will get it's you know what together and give our RB's some holes to run through. The run blocking was non existant yesterday. No one could have got yards with that lousy blocking.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pack_in_black said:
dhpackr said:

He signed a 5 year 20 million dollar deal. He's a 30 year old RB who just isn't worth that type of money. They made the right move in letting him go.

HOWEVER I don't think they made the right moves in trying to replace him. I was ok with Green leaving but his replacements are not that good and that's where the Packers screwed up in my opinion.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pack_in_black said:
dhpackr said:

I never said anything about TT's lack of moves in the previous post.

I was hinting at the fact that no matter the Packers' record, people want to ***** about something that is past and gone, when we won yesterday.

5 months ago.....yesterday.....5 months.... 36 hours......

We've had these discussions already. Let's talk about beating a solid Philly team yesterday, extending our regular season winning streak to 5 games. That's good, right, no matter who the GM is? Or which FA's he brought in?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
pack_in_black said:
pack_in_black said:
dhpackr said:

I never said anything about TT's lack of moves in the previous post.

I was hinting at the fact that no matter the Packers' record, people want to ***** about something that is past and gone, when we won yesterday.

5 months ago.....yesterday.....5 months.... 36 hours......

We've had these discussions already. Let's talk about beating a solid Philly team yesterday, extending our regular season winning streak to 5 games. That's good, right, no matter who the GM is? Or which FA's he brought in?.

packerfan1245

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ahman Green was an AWSOME packer. Hes a packer hall of famer no doubt. I hope he continues to do well in Houston, and Morency does great next week.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pack_in_black said:
dhpackr said:

I love Green, but he's on the decline. I think it's best for both parties to part like this. He got a fat paycheck and we have developing talent.

Now $14 million under, yes, my thoughts is we should pay Keyshawn $5 million for a one-year contract and lull him out of retirement, and we have our TE/Red Zone problem solved. Bubba's a heck of a blocker, but he's too slow to be a decent receiver again.

Fuzznuts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thompson could've signed Green to about 4-5 million this year, but he waited because he's cheap. He wanted to see if he could get him cheaper, and he lost him to free agency.

That's how it works. The employee usually goes to the employer who pays more, but if you wait around, someone's probably going to beat you out.

It's amazing some of the excuses and rationalizations that are used around here to cover up Ted Thompson's mistakes.

As the year goes on, you will see that it was a mistake not to sign Green, and not to agressively go after Moss, like Wolf used to, amongst other mistakes like not signing a TE or veteran WR.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ahman Green was not going to stay around for a one year deal. He was looking for his final big payday, and he found the perfect sucker in MS to whisper in the GMs ear and grossly overpay for a player whose best days are behind him.

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thompson could've signed Green to about 4-5 million this year, but he waited because he's cheap. He wanted to see if he could get him cheaper, and he lost him to free agency.

That's how it works. The employee usually goes to the employer who pays more, but if you wait around, someone's probably going to beat you out.

It's amazing some of the excuses and rationalizations that are used around here to cover up Ted Thompson's mistakes.

As the year goes on, you will see that it was a mistake not to sign Green, and not to agressively go after Moss, like Wolf used to, amongst other mistakes like not signing a TE or veteran WR.

I doubt that TT really wanted to bring Green back at any price. His production was down. He is getting older. He has had injuries the last few years.
The same for Moss. He too is 30 and his production has been down since 2003.
Both players had a great 1st week. But the season isn't finished after just one week. They won't do what they did this past Sunday every single week.

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Fuzznuts said:

I doubt that TT really wanted to bring Green back at any price. His production was down. He is getting older. He has had injuries the last few years.
The same for Moss. He too is 30 and his production has been down since 2003.
Both players had a great 1st week. But the season isn't finished after just one week. They won't do what they did this past Sunday every single week.

and why won't they? what will change?

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
dhpackr said:
pack_in_black said:
dhpackr said:

I love Green, but he's on the decline. I think it's best for both parties to part like this. He got a fat paycheck and we have developing talent.

Now $14 million under, yes, my thoughts is we should pay Keyshawn $5 million for a one-year contract and lull him out of retirement, and we have our TE/Red Zone problem solved. Bubba's a heck of a blocker, but he's too slow to be a decent receiver again.

you would rather have keyshawn than Green?

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What could have been the outcome if he had stayed?

the play where the the cut back lane was so huge my granny could have ran through, green would have scored instead of b-jack being run down!

Members online

Latest posts