Any news on Sam Shields?

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Finley, Collins, Murphy, Franklin, and possibly Shields.

I don't know about the rest of the league, but I bet we lead the league in career ending injuries. Just unlucky for us.

The team would be much better with Collins, Shields, Franklin, and Finley still around.

Add: Nelson Toburon, Tim Lewis, Sterling Sharp, Mark Chmura, Johnny Holland, Gary Berry, Tony Palmer, Johnny Jolly, Jeremy Thompson and Sean Richardson and those are just players with career ending neck injuries.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I guess Rollins and Randall will have to step up big time... if they ever recover from their nagging injuries.

JK64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope the best for Sam, but the Packers need to look for a replacement.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Great now we get to watch Goodson miserably fail to cover receivers for majority of the season, and then celebrate for no apparent reason!
Can you believe that guy? I wanted him cut after the suspension was up. I never cared much for him and after that last game in which he's clearly beaten and the receiver was overthrown and the ball goes off his hands, he gets up celebrating and acting like he had anything to do with, i really wanted him gone. I wish a coach would have ran out there and grabbed him by the face mask and took right to the tunnel.

Arkaign

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ouch. Well I hope he has a good quality of life, he definitely gave it his all. At some point you just have to decide that the rest of your life, being able to play with grandkids and enjoy retirement is absolutely the right move. Too many concussions and heavy hits can take a savage toll on these men and their familes.

Godspeed Shields, thanks for everything!

D

Deleted member 6794

I'm wondering why it took the great Packers braintrust five weeks to figure out Shields was done. In the meantime they could have searched for a replacement or at the very least not have lost Callahan to the Saints.

I doubt it right now. I'd be looking to see whose contracts are expiring in '18 to get an idea of the positions being drafted in 17.

You really don't see the need to draft a cornerback early in the 2017 draft??? :confused:

D

Deleted member 6794

Sam would be eligible to return in week 15. Too bad the Packers didn't know the severity of his concussion ahead of time, would have saved a roster spot for the last 6 weeks and made Sam Eligible to return by week 9.

Well, after Shields missing several weeks last season because of a concussion it should have been pretty obvious that he will at least miss some weeks this time as well.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm wondering why it took the great Packers braintrust five weeks to figure out Shields was done. In the meantime they could have searched for a replacement or at the very least not have lost Callahan to the Saints.

You really don't see the need to draft a cornerback early in the 2017 draft??? :confused:
I think he's done, I don't know what they were thinking, but concussions are strange. When he's ready to play he's ready to play. Considering how long it was, and his history, it's not surprising this is the result, but he'd probably still just be "out" and not on IR if we didn't run into injuries at other positions like we have found ourselves in with no RB on the roster.

My guess is when Sam is ready, Sam wants to try and play again, and the Packers are going to give him an opportunity. It's not my thinking that he will be ready again, I've said before, I think he's done, but I think it's apparent the packers and Sam want to give it another shot, if he can.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Ding, ding, we have a winner. The answer is check the calender; Ted is in hibernation.

Members online

Latest posts