1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

Any NASCAR fans here..

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by Zeck180, Feb 9, 2011.

1. Zeck180

Zeck180 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +149
    [​IMG]

If so, who's your favorite driver?

====
    Look at my sig:happy0005:

2. Kitten

Kitten Feline Cheesehead Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,427
    Zeck is a JR fan!!! I'm a huge fan of Wisconsin native, Matt Kenseth. Matt is also a Packers fan! 2003 Champion. I think he's one of the most underrated drivers in the sport. Speed weeks start up soon! Looks to be a good season! Go 17!!!

3. beautifuleyes

beautifuleyes Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +31
    Ricky Rudd... I stopped following Nascar once he was done in about 2007 though. I still watch, but don't pay much attention at all

4. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,078
    I am not a NASCAR fan but I do cheer for Dale Jr and Jimmy Johnson to piss off my friend and my friends mom.

5. PackersPete

PackersPete Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +27
    I quit watching NASCAR when Jerry Nadeau had his accident. It seems they have sold out to the family oriented sports crowd anyway. When they allowed Toyota in, I quit watching altogether and never looked back. Sorry, the ONLY thing family oriented about NASCAR is a moonshiner passin' on his knowledge about alcohol, cars and the law to his son...

6. Tecmo

Tecmo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +22
    I was a Rusty Wallace fan back in the day. I gotta admit Earnhardt's death(10 years ago today, wow) really took the fun out of it for me. I still follow it but not as closely. In fact if it weren't for a fantasy league I'm in, I probably wouldn't watch at all.

I guess my big complaint nowadays is what I call the secret gentleman's agreement. It's like you don't even need to watch the first 300 miles of a race. These corporate pansies just ride around. I was at Bristol in August of 2009 and that's exactly what I saw. VERY dissapointing.

Guys like JPM, Kyle Busch and Brad Keselowski are a breath of fresh air. The sport needs more balls to the wall drivers.

• Like Like x 1
  7. VolvoD

VolvoD Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +643
    not a fan of nascar, its so far removed from stock car racing. I do like the SCCA World Speed challange though, closer to factory cars.

8. BoilerUp

BoilerUp Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +9
    Jeff Gordon!!!!!

9. Green_Bay_Packers

Green_Bay_Packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +110
  10. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +650
    I'm a big NASCAR fan until baseball starts. Then I'm a big baseball fan until football starts. So if I'm really being honest, I'd probably say NASCAR and baseball are just sport I use to get me through football's offseason. Still, I really enjoy watching both. At my core I'm a Dale Earnhardt Sr. fan. So that kind of makes me a natural Jr. fan. I love Jr and I hate him. I'll echo what others have said about not enough balls-to-the-wall drivers. I think Jr. is one of these. He may be the most talented driver in the sport, but he's just not much of a racer. He drives well until the pressure really gets cranked up, then he fades. Happened again in Daytona. Got to the front right away and then led the pack for the majority of the race. When it got heated at the end, he wrecked. Just doesn't have that killer instinct.

11. OldSchoolFan

OldSchoolFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +307
    Anyone who drives the Blue Oval.

I go way back...From Freddy Lorenzen to Cale Yarborough to David Pearson, Bill Elliot, Davey Allison, Ernie Irvin, Dale Jarrett, Matt Kensath and now I lean toward Carl Edwards.

The Wood Brothers winning again at Daytona had me feeling good for a couple of days. The 1-2-3 parade was a feather in my cap!

12. Boy Scout

Boy Scout Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +20
    I'm not a huge fan but I do watch any races I can, my favorite is Jeff Gordon

13. azpackersfan12

azpackersfan12 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +12
    There's a number of drivers I like, but my favorite is Tony Stewart. SMOKE in 2011!