1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

Any interest in Matt Lehr?

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by robkeg, Mar 21, 2007.

1. robkeg

robkeg Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Does anyone know if GB has any interest in Matt Lehr from Atlanta? He is a LG that was let lose about 2 weeks ago. He currently has an offer sheet from the Giants but, is visiting Miami. I think he would be a good addition to our young offensive line and ZBS experience is a plus.

2. retiredgrampa

retiredgrampa Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    If he was cut 2 weeks ago and TT hasn't set up an appt., he's not interested. I've read that TT usually the agent re: what the player is looking for in money, and if TT thinks its too high, he just drops the subject. He doesn't believe in much negotiation.

3. yooperfan

yooperfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    The Packers should be interested in Lehr since he comes from the same zone blocking scheme that the Packers have installed.
    We need some depth on the O-line.

4. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +650
    i agree with grandpa. if he hasn't set up a visit in GB, it probably won't happen.

5. Greg C.

Greg C. Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    We do need depth on the O-line, but at this point Lehr is probably looking for his best opportunity to start--as well he should be, since starting is the best way to a bigger contract in the future. I suspect Thompson is happy with Colledge and Moll, so Lehr would have little chance of starting in Green Bay.