1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

Any good sports books?

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by A12ROD903, Mar 15, 2010.

1. A12ROD903

A12ROD903 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +22
    I am looking for another book to read. I just got done with "Life After Favre". If you havent read it, I highly suggest it. The book can be about either football or baseball, no specific team or player. So what are some of the good sports books out there?

2. Jess

Jess Movement!

Ratings:
    +471
    Favre's autobiography is actually pretty decent. I've read through it a few times.

3. A12ROD903

A12ROD903 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +22
    Ive thought about that. Or maybe a Lombardi book.

4. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +979
    I didn't read it myself, but saw quite a few good reviews on the book "Life After Favre", by Phil Hanrahan...

5. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,078
    When pride still mattered is a great book. If you want to get technical, read the book Bill Belichick's father wrote. The Dallas cowboy book that recently came out about the 90s was pretty good. I just finished the one dave robinson was involved in where former players talked about lombardi. It seems put together by an amateur though. Peter King's new book was a good quick and fun read with some nice rankings of players past and present. The blind side was a much better book than movie too.

If you need anymore let me know.

6. PackAttackUK

PackAttackUK Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +26
    I heard Rich Eisen's book is a good read, not read it myself though.

7. A12ROD903

A12ROD903 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +22
    I just read it. I suggest reading it. Its good!

I was also thinking about the Blind Side ivo, wasnt too sure about it though. Im looking for something not necessarily inspiartional or emotional ya know? More along the lines of action or historical. Thats one good thing about Lombari though, he is historical and inspirational. Mybe I will buy "The First Season" about Lombardi's first season as Packers HC.

8. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,078
    When Pride still mattered should be the lombardi book you pick up if you want a great lombardi book. But its emotional at the end with him dying and his players visiting him. Its a great overall view of the man, and great insight into where he found ways to inspire his players.

I have not read the first season book though so I cant say anything on that book.

What other football books have you read? Anything you want to recommend? Im always looking for a good book. :read: