1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Big Announcement Coming for 2015 Football Season!!

Be on the look out for a big Packer Forum announcement when the schedule is released. Full details coming soon... Update: Announcement to be released on MONDAY!

Any golfers out there?

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by NDPackerFan, Jun 20, 2008.

1. NDPackerFan

NDPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    I just started to golf regularly the last 3-4 years and I almost got my first hole in one tonight! I know, "almost" getting a hole in one might be like "almost" winning the SB, but, for me, it was exciting as hell.

8th hole, Par 3, 145 yards out. I hit my 8-iron and it rolled right up to the cup. If that ball rolls one more 1/2 turn, that ball goes in.

Anyway, my turn to blow my own horn a little bit. I guess it's not every day that I get to tap in a birdie...

2. PackOne

PackOne Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    Thirty years golfing, and still haven't got one. Gotten close though.

Nice work.

3. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,969
    Good job!!

Back in junior high my friend ( 8th grade ) got a hole in one about the same type of hole..

Only time I was ever close to one of those..

4. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I haven't actually golfed yet......i mean, not a "real" course. I messed around on the little free 3 hole one here, and hit on the driving range, but so far thats it.
    I did bowl a 300 game once! :wink:
    Oh.......forgot to add.........Trippster is the big time golfer here! :D

5. BangTheDrum

BangTheDrum Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I golf league every Wednesday... Im not real good but I love the game, there isnt another one like it where you might not be that great but you have one shot out of 40 that is hit just like a pro and it keeps you playin the game! No holes in ones yet... my dad has a few though, lucky bastard.

6. trippster

trippster Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    I hurt my knee. I shut it down for the year.

7. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I've done that in mini-golf quite a few times.

Real golf? No. No interest. But that's cool you did that. :cool:

8. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    (Trippster is REALLY TIGER WOODS!!!) :shock:

9. Cdnfavrefan

Cdnfavrefan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Closest I've been was 2 inches. Divot was lined up right in the middle of the cup but the ball was right on the other side. It must of rolled right over the lip. The kicker was it was actually at a tournament where that hole was 25 000$ for a hole in 1. I still say what if every time that tournament comes every year

10. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    They probably had celophane stretched over the hole to prevent a hole in one!
    2 inches from 25 grand.....that had to suck!

11. TheKanataThrilla

TheKanataThrilla Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I had a similar experience myself. My closest hole-in-one was about 6 inches from the cup at a work tournament. It was a 178 yarder, which I used my 5 iron. The hole-in-one was for a Ford Mustang which you donated $5 to go to charity to give you the opportunity to make the shot. The company who was working the tournament for 6 years said it was the closest they've ever seen to someone sinking it.

I love golf, I have been playing for 12 years now. I just wish I could get out more often, but I don't mind that I tend to be more involved with best-ball tournaments as I like the format and that I can enjoy some "pops" on the course.

12. Cdnfavrefan

Cdnfavrefan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

Definately bittersweet. I was saying I'd rather be 50 yards off in the bush. :evil: Like Kanata said they also have holes where you but a ticket then a hole in 1 wins a trip to Vegas. I never buy one then picture how mad I'd be if I got a hole in 1 and get nothing

13. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    LOL! Yeah....that would suck worse!