1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

Any gamers on the forum?

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by ivo610, May 15, 2010.

1. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,100
    Just wondering what everyone everyone likes to play, Im big on Call of Duty right now on PS3 and pretty excited for red dead redemption.

2. lancer84

lancer84 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +9
    Madden and Halo 3 on 360, Mario bros on the original nintendo.

3. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +979
    Madden, PES, Splinter Cell Conviction (GREAT game, though short)...

That's pretty much what I'm playing.

4. A12ROD903

A12ROD903 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +22
    xbox live-

madden
    cod
    mlb2k10
    halo 3 or odst (whatever it is)

thats about it

5. Green_Bay_Packers

Green_Bay_Packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +111
    Xbox Live

Saints Row 2
    Halo If Im ever on
    Fifa
    Madden- When I can be arsed LOL

GT is IX Th3 God IX

Send me a message as my friends list is full LOL

6. PackAttackUK

PackAttackUK Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +26
    PS3 - CobraKai85

Currently playing Madden 10 (still lol), Super Street Fighter 4, Fifa World Cup 2010, UFC 2010 demo (can't wait for full game!)

7. KilrB

KilrB Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +99
    Playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 on the PC. I dont get to play as much as I use to so I always wonder why I throw so much money into building a new gaming rig every 2 years when a console would be cheaper. I am a graphics whore. I play on my 47" LCD with eveything maxed out so it does look nice.

I am looking forward to the next Half Life release and Portal 2. Still waiting for the non-profit group Black Mesa to finish with the remake of the original Half-Life using the Source Engine.

One of the last games I bought was Ghostbusters over Steam. Really fun game with great graphics and physics

8. Jess

Jess Movement!

Ratings:
    +471
    See my avatar.

Maybe the best game I've played this generation of consoles.

9. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +979
    That Red Dead Redemption? I'm, uhm, adquiring it by an alternative method, but it's taking a while

IT's that good?

10. NYPacker

NYPacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +38
    I used to be a big fan of Madden until I started seeing all the lies from EA sports. Did you guys notice how much "unrealistic" the gameplay started being after 2k stopped making the NFL series. Here's a game that I'm definitely going to pick up when it comes out next month:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5h-9lkqRIKU]YouTube - Backbreaker Gameplay (Passing, Running, Defense)[/ame]

11. Jess

Jess Movement!

Ratings:
    +471
    I love the old west, and this is the most fun and realistic portrayal of it I've seen in a video game. I just can't get enough of it.

12. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,100
    Im having fun with it myself.

13. DergaSmash

DergaSmash Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +20
    I do dig the video games myself. I'm more of an rpg guy however.

Playing right now or recently:

Final Fantasy XIII
    Dragon Age Origins
    Madden 2010
    MLB2K10
    Dynasty Warriors 6

14. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +979
    This is a rant.

RPG fan too. But I gotta say, the only game I'm playing out of those is Madden. I'm not a baseball fan.

And the new FF and DW series pissed the heck out of me. This new FF, couldn't finish the 1st DVD. And DW, both the 6 and Strikeforce, really strayed from what was fun (a.k.a. the combos and movesets).

And I don't like the kind of system Dragon Age runs. I almost finished it, but then got bored.

I have to say, so far, the only RPG for the 360 that I liked was Lost Odyssey... And it's not even close to the RPGs of the old playstations... Really don't know why they killed that. But then again, they couldn't do any better than FFVII and VIII. Suikoden series comes close...

Yeah, this is a rant.

I'm disappointed with the new gen consoles. I'm having a lot of fun with Red Dead Redemption, and Splinter Cell Conviction was a blast. But COME ON! I like to have an world map where I can travel into, not just pass by! And I don't want the freaking computer to fight for me! Is that really too much to ask? Does RPG games evolved past all of that??? Do they have to whore out their fun for the sake of graphics and presenting some new battle system???

15. DergaSmash

DergaSmash Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +20
    I hear you man. THe next gen consoles have been a bit under my expectations.

I am a PS3 guy. My buddy has had 5 red rings of death and still buys a new xbox.

I do think DW took a turn from some of the things I really liked about the series but I still love playing it.

I will buy every FF game that comes out for my console. I have that much faith in Square, and I have yet to be disappointed. FF13 isn't what I expected but the story is great, the visuals are rediculous, and the battle system is pretty cool.

Dragon Age just rocks my socks. I love that game. But Bioware has been awesome in the past.

I am looking forward to Red Dead Redemption. I haven't picked it up yet but I probably will. I also want to check out Yakuza 3. The new Trojan or Spartan game coming out by Koei is going to have similar gameplay to DW and the trailer looks sick.

What I really want is a traditional JRP for my PS3. If they could remake FF8 on it I would lose my mind. I am hoping they make a DW7. I love that game and think they could do so much more with it. I would also like to see a remake or a sequel to Sid Meyers Pirates on the next gen consoles.

EDIT- Oh, I totally forgot. Did you play Oblivion?? That game was insane.

16. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +979
    No, I like the JRPGs better. I actually don't like this kind of gameplay...

The only game I really liked was Diablo II. And I haven't played it in more than a decade... But that's another story.

17. DergaSmash

DergaSmash Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +20
    Diablo 3 is coming and it looks nuts. You didn't like Oblivion? I am down with the first person, solo RPG.

18. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,100
    5?!?!! wow thats alot. I dont play my xbox alot but does everyone get the red ring at some point?

19. DergaSmash

DergaSmash Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +20
    Everyone I know who has had a 360 has had it red ring on them. I originally didn't buy it because #1 PS3 is a blu-ray player, and #2 Square had only ever released FF games on the Playstation systems. Nintendo got a few but the FF series was a PS thing. When I read that FF13 was coming out for the 360 as well, I was really pissed for a while. I'm still glad I went with the PS3 though. I'm not a hradcore enough gamer to demand the amount of titles that are on the 360, and I am not a big first person shooter guy.

20. Jess

Jess Movement!

Ratings:
    +471
    I have a PS3 only because of MLB 10: The Show. I had a 360 but got sick of their craptastic baseball options. MLB 10 is easily the best baseball game since MVP 2005, and sacrificing Gears of War, which I loved, was totally worth it.

21. DergaSmash

DergaSmash Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +20
    I had MLB the show 08, and it is a great baseball game. My only issue with it was the hitting was very difficult for me. I have no baseball game skills, well not much at least. It was just too hard for me, and I read that it wasn't a game where you could have a player hit 60 homers a season. I had MVP baseball 96, 97, 98 on my PS2 back in the day and I loved those games. LOVED them. They were easy to play but you could make it really really challenging if you wanted to. That is why I checked out Major League Baseball 2k10 and so far I am really happy with it. The my player mode is awesome and while it might not equal the show in terms of graphics and satisfaction for the baseball die hards, it is a lot of fun for me, and easier to hit, which I like.

How is the Show 10? Is it still hard to hit homers?

22. Jess

Jess Movement!

Ratings:
    +471
    Home run numbers are pretty realistic. I'm the Brewers and Fielder's on pace for somewhere in the 50's and Braun's on pace for somewhere in the mid-30's.

23. DergaSmash

DergaSmash Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +20
    Thats what I thought. And thats fine, I don't have anything bad to say about the show series. Its a dman good game. My baseball ablitlies are just not equal to the task, lol.

24. JCpackers04

JCpackers04 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +17
    im pretty into gaming lol. gamertag is Number1Newb for the 360. mostly play Black Ops. NHL11. and single player games like Oblivion and Fallout.

NHL11 is my most competitive game cause i like to think im pretty good. online versus play i think my record is 39-7-2

I play CoD with friends all the time but i rarely play by myself so my win ratio is ridiculously skewed. i think my win ratio is around 6.00 and my k/d is around 2.22

25. Spanish Rose

Spanish Rose Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +61
    Use to be a pro gamer ( don't mock me lol) for halo 2. Now I just play cod pretty much