1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Any card collectors?

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by nathaniel, Apr 23, 2007.

1. nathaniel

nathaniel Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I just got back into sports card collecting. Just wondering if anyone else here collects.

I just purchased my 5th Favre rookie card. The prices for his rookie cards are extremely low right now, and I can't see them making too much of a jump when he retires, but they're nice to have and you never know what the value might be down the road. I noticed that the one card of Favre's that is worth the most is card from his first year with the Packers.

I've also been spending way too much money building this years Topps baseball set. I didn't want to just go out and buy the set, so I've been buying boxes and packs and piecing it together. It's fun opening packs, but I think I'll just buy the sets from now on! Way too many duplicates, and I still don't have the complete set yet. Haha.

2. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Yup Nate!
    I have been a collector since the late 1980's.
    I have quite an impressive card collection. I collect mostly football, but some baseball and basketball cards too.
    I have Favre's rookie cards from all the card companies back then. I also have his second year Topps Stadium Club card,(1992, card #683) his first with the Packers. It was from a short printed set. My wife bought it for me on ebay 2 years ago, and it's graded 8.5 by Beckett grading system.
    I also have several Favre jersey cards.
    I pulled AJ Hawks autograph from Topps late last year.

3. MontanaBob

MontanaBob Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I don't collect cards anymore. I collect dust and aching joints. However, I do have............Henry Aaron rookie card...autographed himself, ( handed the card to him to sign) and it is in a safe place. :thumbsup: Not for sale so don't even ask. If you've got $$$$ in the seven figure range I might consider it.

Naw, not a chance.

4. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Aww man..........i would have loved to see that!
    I have a card of his from 1974 that i had him autograph at a card show at State Fair Park back in the early 1990's.
    I also have a card that has a piece of one of Aaron's game used baseball bats.

5. nathaniel

nathaniel Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah, that Favre Stadium club card can break the bank! A friend of mine has Favre's Stadium club card from the previous year that has his name spelled as Farve, and I'm trying to figure out a trade for it. I'm determined to get it from him.

6. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    It's book value in mint condition is about $50. Don't let him take TOO much advantage of you! But hey, having a card you want is better then having 10 you don't!
    I was lucky, i got mine a couple years after he first got here at a flea market for $12.
    I got a pretty good deal on the 1992 graded Stadium Club card. My wife paid $65 for it. Ungraded it books for $100.
    You can get some good deals on ebay, you just have to check the person's feedback to see if they are reliable.
    If i were you, i'd check to see what they are going for on ebay, then you can use that against your friend as far as fair trade value. If you seem TOO interested, he might use that against you.
    Let me know if you get the card, and what it cost you in trade!
    Several years ago i traded a Topps Cal Ripkin rookie for a Reggie Jackson 2nd year card. He probably got the better deal, as the Ripkin was in excellent condition, and the Jackson was a bit worn. But I had a Donruss Ripkin rookie too, so i figured what the heck.

7. nathaniel

nathaniel Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Well, my friend is a HUGE horror film fan, and I went to San Diego ComicCon two years ago and picked up three exclusive Devil's Rejects comics. I've been watching auctions for them on Ebay, and I think I'm going to use those as trade bait. It may be a while till a deal is done, but I'll definitely let you know if anything happens.

8. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I hope it works out for you!
    It's good that you know his "weakness!" :thumbsup: