Antonio Cromartie

claybillings

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dd see it, and it did interest me. However they are looking for RB's, and let's face it, we don't have much depth. However they also stated that they would consider a draft pick for cromartie, and I wouldn't be opposed to giving away a 3rd and a 7th or something for Cromartie, ya he doesn't play wth his full motor every time he's out there, but I think Dom Capers can motivate this guy, and he wants to be part of an elite defense, he could really help us there. The guy has talent, of that there is no doubt, you can't rack up 10 INT's without some.

And above all else he gives us insurance in the event that Al Harris isn't the player he was of the beginning of last year before he got hurt.

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
I would love to have Cromartie on our team. People had a bad opinion of Charles Woodson when he came to Green Bay as well. That he didn't play hard and that his best years were behind him. Look how that worked out.

DILLIGAFF

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There is some risk with Cromartie and a pure 1st pick is over reaching, a 2rd pick is paying top dollar.

I would trade our 1st pick for the Chargers 2nd round pick and Cromartie, but first I would try to deal Hawk and our 3rd pick to get Cromartie.

Trading our first pick for an additional second round pick plus Cromartie would be ideal, IMO picks 20 -65 are deep with even talent level for what we can get at #23, thus the Pack would not be giving up much and still get a high pick rookie prospect in the second round.

Another option would be a straight up player trade sending Grant to the Chargers for Cromartie, the Chargers want a running back. Grant's contract becomes a problem in 2011 and this would be getting good value for him before we lose him. IMO our offense can just about plug in any serviceable running back with the emergence of Finely and A-rod becoming a solid veteran. IMO Green has enough gas in the tank for one more year splitting reps Jackson and a rookie. Grant has accumulated 1200 yards because he is the featured back, getting most of the reps, where as AP of the vikings has to split time with Taylor.

Speaking of Taylor, I would love to see TT go after Taylor, he would be great in our system and would love to be the featured back, getting out of the shadow of AP.

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
There is some risk with Cromartie and a pure 1st pick is over reaching, a 2rd pick is paying top dollar.

I would trade our 1st pick for the Chargers 2nd round pick and Cromartie, but first I would try to deal Hawk and our 3rd pick to get Cromartie.

Trading our first pick for an additional second round pick plus Cromartie would be ideal, IMO picks 20 -65 are deep with even talent level for what we can get at #23, thus the Pack would not be giving up much and still get a high pick rookie prospect in the second round.

Another option would be a straight up player trade sending Grant to the Chargers for Cromartie, the Chargers want a running back. Grant's contract becomes a problem in 2011 and this would be getting good value for him before we lose him. IMO our offense can just about plug in any serviceable running back with the emergence of Finely and A-rod becoming a solid veteran. IMO Green has enough gas in the tank for one more year splitting reps Jackson and a rookie. Grant has accumulated 1200 yards because he is the featured back, getting most of the reps, where as AP of the vikings has to split time with Taylor.

Speaking of Taylor, I would love to see TT go after Taylor, he would be great in our system and would love to be the featured back, getting out of the shadow of AP.

I've had the opinion that Chester Taylor is good enough to be a feature back in this league for quite some time, and I doubt many would argue with me about that. He's very good.

A1MEANGREEN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've had the opinion that Chester Taylor is good enough to be a feature back in this league for quite some time, and I doubt many would argue with me about that. He's very good.

no doubt i couldnt agree more hes a pretty good receiver too. i think he could step in for any of our running backs. but i do like grant alot

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I read the same post back on cheeseheadtv.com and like I said over there, TT would have to make the best offer in NFL history in order to get cromartie. Not because cromartie is a superstar player but because we don't really have anything that they would really want. I think the Jets are very much in the running to get cromartie and they have the best chance of landing him, leon washington and thomas jones are highly expendable and if they package one of them along with a draft pick they are guaranteed to get cromartie.

DILLIGAFF

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This guy has some serious character flaws. He has 7 kids at the age of 25 in 6 different states. Already behind in child support, not sure how this kind of person would fit in with the Packers locker room. I understand being young and making mistakes, but by the 4th time hello!!!!
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

DILLIGAFF

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He is defiantely no C. Woodson agianst the run, hell at least Bush tries. You think with all those child support payments due he would be more agressive in doing his job.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The guy got ball skills, and covers well. But has tons of character issues, don't even try to tackle, and we would have to give Grant or a high draft pick for him? No, thank you.

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
The guy got ball skills, and covers well. But has tons of character issues, don't even try to tackle, and we would have to give Grant or a high draft pick for him? No, thank you.

Completely agree. Definitely not worth what we would have to give up. He's sooooo weak against the run.

OHIOFAN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Would love to have him for sure and would not mind trading Grant for him even up. I think that the Pack could draft a quality running back easier than they could draft a shut down CB. I guess I am in the minority on the thinking here.

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Would love to have him for sure and would not mind trading Grant for him even up. I think that the Pack could draft a quality running back easier than they could draft a shut down CB. I guess I am in the minority on the thinking here.

Not really, I've been saying something like this for a while. The packers had plenty of chances before to draft a running back before and shouldn't give up the chance to do so now. Look at the '08 draft see how many of those rookie RB's are now solid players for their team:

Matt Forte
Ray Rice
Chris Johnson
Felix Jones
Johnathon Stewart
Jamaal Charles
Steve Slaton
Tashard Choice
Tim Hightower
Clifton Smith
Kevin Smith

Wow now that's a really really really deep running back class and many experts are saying that the '10 class is very similar.

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
Not really, I've been saying something like this for a while. The packers had plenty of chances before to draft a running back before and shouldn't give up the chance to do so now. Look at the '08 draft see how many of those rookie RB's are now solid players for their team:

Matt Forte
Ray Rice
Chris Johnson
Felix Jones
Johnathon Stewart
Jamaal Charles
Steve Slaton
Tashard Choice
Tim Hightower
Clifton Smith
Kevin Smith

Wow now that's a really really really deep running back class and many experts are saying that the '10 class is very similar.

Tim Hightower sucks. He fumbles more than AP. But the rest you listed are quality.

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Clifton Smith? Some no name for the bucs?

He did go to the pro bowl as rookie kick returner. He may not have been excellent but I still consider an achievement like that quality. Even if he is no name I would take him as our KR as a heartbeat seeing how badly we did this season.

Sunshine885500

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wouldn't touch this dude with a ten foot pole. He hasn't been very good over the past few years. Why else would the Chargers be trying to move him? This Cat is ******** anything at anytime. He had 5 paternity suits against him last Football Season. If his judgement and character is that questionable do we really need to give up a high pick for him. His value has already dropped around the league because everyone knows the Chargers want him out. The Packers really need to use that top pick on a SS like Taylor Mays or a OT - period.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wouldn't touch this dude with a ten foot pole. He hasn't been very good over the past few years. Why else would the Chargers be trying to move him? This Cat is ******** anything at anytime. He had 5 paternity suits against him last Football Season. If his judgement and character is that questionable do we really need to give up a high pick for him. His value has already dropped around the league because everyone knows the Chargers want him out. The Packers really need to use that top pick on a SS like Taylor Mays or a OT - period.
But the discussion isn't on a top pick. (I'm not going to discuss Taylor Mays, there's plenty of video and info on the draft section to anyone make any conclusions)

The O.T.S. (2-19-10) Joe's Lockerroom Blog

I posted a few weeks back that the Packers had talked to the Chargers (or vice versa) about Antonio Cromartie. He is available (and has been for a while) and the Chargers asking price is not a steep as some may think.
Cromartie for Hawk, per example? In a hearth beat, even with all the legal problems and the lack of run support.

Put Whitt Jr. and McCarthy on his tail and he'll start diving with the head to stop RBs and wearing a ****** when he goes get hoes, like Bigby does.

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
But the discussion isn't on a top pick. (I'm not going to discuss Taylor Mays, there's plenty of video and info on the draft section to anyone make any conclusions)

The O.T.S. (2-19-10) Joe's Lockerroom Blog

Cromartie for Hawk, per example? In a hearth beat, even with all the legal problems and the lack of run support.

Put Whitt Jr. and McCarthy on his tail and he'll start diving with the head to stop RBs and wearing a ****** when he goes get hoes, like Bigby does.

You hit the nail right on the head. Well put.

claybillings

Cheesehead
Reaction score
God I would love a Hawk-for-cromartie trade, but why would SD want Hawk, I know they don't have great ILB's, but he isn't really an upgrade for them. I would trade them a 3rd rounder for sure.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts