Another thing in Favre's interview

bigbyfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I read this on SI.com

Why Favre is mad at Packers
Posted: Tuesday July 15, 2008 05:45AM ET
Brett Favre wanted to clear the air Monday in his increasingly bitter standoff with the Green Bay Packers. He ended up kicking up a cloud of dust. Whether Favre provided some clarity in an interview with Fox News Network's Greta Van Susteren remains a matter of debate. What is clear is that Favre, in a carefully orchestrated chat with Van Susteren, a Wisconsin native and Packers shareholder, detailed anger and frustration with both the franchise and specifically general manager Ted Thompson over his future and his past. In the transcript, Favre expressed frustration with three incidents in the recent Packers past involving Thompson. In one instance, Favre told Van Susteren that "I worked my butt off two years ago to try to get them to sign Randy Moss," adding that he was willing to give up salary to land the talented receiver. But Favre said Thompson denied publicly that Favre had lobbied to get Moss, which Favre said was not the case. Moss signed with the New England Patriots. In a second instance, Favre said he once tried to convince Thompson to re-sign Marco Rivera and Mike Wahle, two key linemen, but the two got away and signed elsewhere. In a third case, Favre told Van Susteren he tried to convince Thompson to interview Steve Mariucci, an old friend, for the head coaching job vacated by Mike Sherman. Favre said Thompson ended up hiring Mike McCarthy instead.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

God forbid the GM doesn't do exactly as Brett Favre wants.

If I am not mistaken, Ted's choice to ignore Brett's opinion worked out pretty well. Shortly after cutting Rivera, he ended up breaking down and was never the same. Wahle is no longer what he once was either. Choosing to hire MM worked out okay IMHO, he has only taken our team from 4-12 to 13-3 in two years.

BUT HOW DARE TED THOMPSON DO WHAT HE THINKS IS BEST FOR THE FRANCHISE!!!!

bigfog

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That part of the interview really put Brett in a bad light. It made him look like just another player who thinks he knows what is best for the team. It certainly didn't help his cause when he said that.

wils0646

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Saying that is such a big mistake. How can Favre possibly think to gain support with statements like that?

Especially since TT was pretty much right (maybe not Moss) on all of the personnel decisions. Cmon Favre.

chibiabos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
8) Historically Brett has always had a very difficult time expressing himself. He's what one would call a rambler; unfinished thoughts expressed very poorly. Perhaps it reflects the way he thinks as well. It would appear that Green Bay gave him a great many opportunities to return and he claims he wasn't wanted? That's plain B.S.! Many professional players have an ingrown aversion to accepting reality. Apparently Brett Favre has that as well. How bad would it be if he came back and competed for a job like all the other players do? My respect for him has gone down the tubes.

OP
OP
B

bigbyfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It makes me sick that a player thinks he can tell an entire football organization what to do.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I read this on SI.com

Why Favre is mad at Packers
Posted: Tuesday July 15, 2008 05:45AM ET
Brett Favre wanted to clear the air Monday in his increasingly bitter standoff with the Green Bay Packers. He ended up kicking up a cloud of dust. Whether Favre provided some clarity in an interview with Fox News Network's Greta Van Susteren remains a matter of debate. What is clear is that Favre, in a carefully orchestrated chat with Van Susteren, a Wisconsin native and Packers shareholder, detailed anger and frustration with both the franchise and specifically general manager Ted Thompson over his future and his past. In the transcript, Favre expressed frustration with three incidents in the recent Packers past involving Thompson. In one instance, Favre told Van Susteren that "I worked my butt off two years ago to try to get them to sign Randy Moss," adding that he was willing to give up salary to land the talented receiver. But Favre said Thompson denied publicly that Favre had lobbied to get Moss, which Favre said was not the case. Moss signed with the New England Patriots. In a second instance, Favre said he once tried to convince Thompson to re-sign Marco Rivera and Mike Wahle, two key linemen, but the two got away and signed elsewhere. In a third case, Favre told Van Susteren he tried to convince Thompson to interview Steve Mariucci, an old friend, for the head coaching job vacated by Mike Sherman. Favre said Thompson ended up hiring Mike McCarthy instead.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

God forbid the GM doesn't do exactly as Brett Favre wants.

If I am not mistaken, Ted's choice to ignore Brett's opinion worked out pretty well. Shortly after cutting Rivera, he ended up breaking down and was never the same. Wahle is no longer what he once was either. Choosing to hire MM worked out okay IMHO, he has only taken our team from 4-12 to 13-3 in two years.

BUT HOW DARE TED THOMPSON DO WHAT HE THINKS IS BEST FOR THE FRANCHISE!!!!

But Favre was one for three. Like it or not, Randy Moss is hands down the best WR in the NFL. If you want to debate this, bring it on. I'll tear you to shreds with facts.

Favre is a prima donna. Get used to it. A lot of great men are. General Patton. Michael Jordan. Jerry Rice. Napolean Bonaparte. Leonardo da Vinci. Ludwig van Beethoven. George Washington. Yes, that George Washington. Brilliant, but a prima donna.

There seems to be a lot of anti-Favre sentiment on this board. It's all blame Favre. It's all his fault, right?

No, it isn't. It appears to me that both sides have poor communications skills. TT has done a wonderful job with draft picks and he's been a great GM for us, but nobody is perfect and his relationship with Favre shows his glaring imperfections.

chibiabos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
:roll: Guess it all boils down to whether you are a Packer fan 1st or a Brett Favre fan
1st. Been backing the Pack for 65 years now so, guess it's too late for me to become enamored of late-comer like Favre.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No, it isn't. It appears to me that both sides have poor communications skills. TT has done a wonderful job with draft picks and he's been a great GM for us, but nobody is perfect and his relationship with Favre shows his glaring imperfections.

I couldn't have said it any better.

Thompson should have put the balls right in his mouth, I mean right in there, and just tickled them with his tongue - whatever Favre wanted. Tickle those balls, Ted. Tickle em!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts