Another Retiree.. Looks like TT has been busy this week...

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Just kidding.. Happy retirement Carol Edwin.

Another retirement: Carol Edwin
By Greg A. Bedard
Wednesday, Apr 30 2008, 03:08 PM
Green Bay - First Lee Remmel retired. Now Carol Edwin.

The times, they are a changing.

Carol Edwin, who started as a receptionist during Vince Lombardi's final three years as coach (1965-67) and later moved into the ticket office, is retiring after 36 seasons with the Packers.

An excerpt from Mike Spofford's piece on Packers.com:

Edwin says she'll miss all the people she's developed working relationships with over the years the most. That includes many players - too many to name any favorites - as well as many disabled ticket-holders she's been helping to their seat locations for several seasons.

"The only thing is I can be a fan, because on gameday I've always been working," she said. "Now I'll be able to sit in the stands and be Miss Joe fan, and I told some of my ADA people that I'd come and say 'Hi' to them. That's going to be nice."

She's also looking forward to spending more time with her family. She and Fred will celebrate their 46th wedding anniversary in September, and their two grown sons are married and have provided them five grandchildren in all, ranging from 15 months to 19 years of age.

Those are the sons she began to raise during her first "retirement" from the Packers 40 years ago. Before she thought anyone knew she was pregnant for the first time, Edwin told Lombardi she'd be leaving at the end of the 1967 season.

But Lombardi told her he knew she was expecting, with his real smile.

"My last day he wished me luck, and he even gave me a hug," Edwin said. "So maybe he did like me."

I'm sure many of you have come across Mrs. Edwin in her long tenure with the Packers. Feel free to post any well wishes in the comment section. I'm sure they'll find their way to her.

We here at the Journal Sentinel wish Mrs. Edwin a long and happy retirement.

Members online

Latest posts