Another possible candidate for GB Offensive Coordinator.....

millertime

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ALEX GIBBS!!!

Has anyone mentioned this yet???

With Mora out in the ATL, Gibbs is a free man. He was their assistant head coach last year, I think. He is the MAN in the zone blocking system. I think he wanted to retire, but I'm sure some money would make him comeback. He's the reason why the the Broncos and Falcons led the league in rushing for so many years. I think he would be a great hire! canidate

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The new GB Offensive Coordinator is......

Bring him in and if he's interested, there is your next offensive coordinator. He would be a great choice, moreover, he would add some experience to a fairly young offensive coaching staff.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: The new GB Offensive Coordinator is......

ALEX GIBBS!!!

With Mora out in the ATL, Gibbs is a free man. He was their assistant head coach last year, I think. He is the MAN in the zone blocking system. I think he wanted to retire, but I'm sure some money would make him comeback. He's the reason why the the Broncos and Falcons led the league in rushing for so many years. I think he would be a great hire!

Oh, I thought you meant they did it. It's not done?

OP
OP
M

millertime

Cheesehead
Reaction score

the title of this thread is kind of misleading.

oh come on! its a joke. but i think it would be an excellent hire.

OP
OP
M

millertime

Cheesehead
Reaction score

millertime said:
ALEX GIBBS!!!

With Mora out in the ATL, Gibbs is a free man. He was their assistant head coach last year, I think. He is the MAN in the zone blocking system. I think he wanted to retire, but I'm sure some money would make him comeback. He's the reason why the the Broncos and Falcons led the league in rushing for so many years. I think he would be a great hire!

Oh, I thought you meant they did it. It's not done?

its not even a real rumor. just an idea i thought of...

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score

ALEX GIBBS!!!

they are calling Gibbs a "long shot candidate", but i did hear him mentioned. it just doesn't appear to be very likely.

Packersfan43084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: Another possible candidate for GB Offensive Coordinator.

this is more of a possibility than it was before. Atlanta just hired Bobby Petrino from Louisville to be their head coach. He is an offensive minded coach and would almost bet that Knapp will be on his way out.

OP
OP
M

millertime

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ahhh my thread title was changed!!! c'mon freedom of speech! what is this communist russia??? lol. just kidding. at least you all seem excited about my (???) idea for OC. we need a gibbs petition going also!

PackFanInSC

Cheesehead
Reaction score
From Adam Schefter's Column

ALEX THE GREAT
Lost in the shuffle of Jim Mora's firing was this development -- Atlanta also lost coaching consultant Alex Gibbs, one of the top offensive line coaches in NFL history.

In each of Alex Gibbs' three seasons with Atlanta, the Falcons led the NFL in rushing.
Gibbs notified the Falcons in December he would not return, and he now is awaiting his next coaching move from the comforts of his home in Arizona.

Gibbs is regarded as one of the rare coaches who can overhaul a team's running game, have an impact on its passing game and improve an entire offense. He did it with the Raiders, the Chiefs, the Broncos and the Falcons -- and he will do it for whichever team hires him next.

His price tag never is cheap. But the results Gibbs gets are undeniable. Any team that wants one of the league's top rushing offenses can be assured of getting what it wants by hiring Gibbs, one of the highest-profile free agents now available.

Drich318

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Yeah Gibbs would be a nice addition. He knows the zone blocking scheme, and as been in that system for a while. Not much would change offesnively, and he has had a great deal of success in the NFL.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score

ALEX THE GREAT
Lost in the shuffle of Jim Mora's firing was this development -- Atlanta also lost coaching consultant Alex Gibbs, one of the top offensive line coaches in NFL history.

In each of Alex Gibbs' three seasons with Atlanta, the Falcons led the NFL in rushing.
Gibbs notified the Falcons in December he would not return, and he now is awaiting his next coaching move from the comforts of his home in Arizona.

Gibbs is regarded as one of the rare coaches who can overhaul a team's running game, have an impact on its passing game and improve an entire offense. He did it with the Raiders, the Chiefs, the Broncos and the Falcons -- and he will do it for whichever team hires him next.

His price tag never is cheap. But the results Gibbs gets are undeniable. Any team that wants one of the league's top rushing offenses can be assured of getting what it wants by hiring Gibbs, one of the highest-profile free agents now available.

Thanks for the info.

His track record sure is great. I really hope McCarthy makes a run for him and I hope we pay him because IMO it's worth it especially considering we built our 06 Draft around the zone blocking scheme.

OP
OP
M

millertime

Cheesehead
Reaction score

ALEX THE GREAT

i hope GB shells out some money. here's an area where TT canspend as much money as he wants!!!

Reaction score
The problem with trying to hire Alex Gibbs is that he isn't interested in coaching anymore (or so I believe that is what the evidence says).

- Gibbs is an outstanding O-line coach, and he passed on his methods to Jags. Interesting that he has never done that with anyone, but it might indicate he is interested in moving on and having a 'successor' so to speak.

- Gibbs was not fired as O-line coach in Atlanta, he resigned. However, he took the position of consultant to Coach Mora, so that says he didn't want to leave the Falcons, rather he resigned because he wanted a lesser workload.

- When Jags left, if Gibbs was interested in being an o-line coach, then he'd have come back on board for the job. However he didn't, in fact the job went to a college guy, with Gibbs staying on as "Consultant to the coach".

I believe Gibbs isn't interested in a heavy workload, rather he just wants to stay in football and not have too much of a workload. He may have the most interest in the Cardinals O-line coach or OC coaching jobs because it'd be so close to home. Otherwise I think he'd be happy to stay at home and serve as a consultant to the team he chooses.

That's why even though I brought up Gibbs name a while back in the OC thread, I really think it's wishful thinking. He is already quite up there in age as it is, and I don't think he'd be interested in taking on a heavy coaching role of any kind.

In fact I would say that he'll go wherever coach Mora goes, because the two have an excellent relationship.

Members online

Latest posts