Another great read about Sunday's game

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Poor coaching, yup I agree..However he says
Perhaps worse was the decision to continue kicking deep to Vikings return man Percy Harvin.

Ummm he doesnt listen to coaches press conferences? According (not sure if it is a cover up) to MM, they didnt want to kick to Percy anymore, but Mason slipped on that last one

Then he goes onto say
T.J. Lang, a fourth-rounder from Eastern Michigan, was making his second career start. Suffice to say, he didn't face too many guys like Allen playing in the MAC last year.

TJ did go up on Allen the 1st game, not the full game and Allen could have been wore out already in that game, but he did go against him

This game. 1st series he did get help..2nd half looking at just the highlights,TJ did VERY well

I am all for when reporters blast the Packers but at least get their facts right

OP
OP
PackersRS

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Poor coaching, yup I agree..However he says

Ummm he doesnt listen to coaches press conferences? According (not sure if it is a cover up) to MM, they didnt want to kick to Percy anymore, but Mason slipped on that last one

Then he goes onto say

TJ did go up on Allen the 1st game, not the full game and Allen could have been wore out already in that game, but he did go against him

This game. 1st series he did get help..2nd half looking at just the highlights,TJ did VERY well

I am all for when reporters blast the Packers but at least get their facts right
Guess you're right... But nonetheless, they did kick to Harvin from the beggining, which was a mistake.

The T.J. Lang, I also agree. I think he mistook. The slide should be to the right, were Barbre was... being Barbre.

He was rigth on the chip blocks, though...

hummyjohnson

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's a weak argument to blame the coaching here. Clearly, it was a mistake to continue kicking to Harvin. But, let's be honest - the Vikings simply have more talent this year. Sometimes there is no shame in being beaten by a better team. This, I think, is one of those times. And I like it ;)

Quientus

Oenophile
Reaction score
This is the same Ross Tucker who predicted the Packers to win the NFC Championship over the Saints, only to lose to the Chargers in the Super Bowl during the pre-season ...

- How well is the Chargers faring thus far ? not to mention the Packers ?

Nevermind failing acknowledging that both the Vikings and Favre have played far better than almost all the so-called experts had predicted ... Nor mentioning the fact that the Vikings offense has been pretty potent ... Instead, according to Tucker, it's just that the teams the Vikings are playing, are playing poor and are being coached poorly ...

Same Ross Tucker was full of praise for the Packers to have brought in Dom Capers, and switching to a 3-4 defensive scheme ...

ThinkICare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow, it's the first season and you're already on Dom Capers with his 3-4 scheme. A bit too early to criticize him.

angryguy77

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow, it's the first season and you're already on Dom Capers with his 3-4 scheme. A bit too early to criticize him.

It's the first year for denver too and they dont seem to have a problem so far with the change. Last year it was the injuries now its a new scheme. At some point the "potential" of the team has got to start to produce.

OP
OP
PackersRS

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's the first year for denver too and they dont seem to have a problem so far with the change. Last year it was the injuries now its a new scheme. At some point the "potential" of the team has got to start to produce.
I read you but it's not the natural order in the NFL. And actually, we're the 4th defense in the NFL.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think we would be the 4th D if we had played elite teams. But we are.

bad93ex

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I read you but it's not the natural order in the NFL. And actually, we're the 4th defense in the NFL.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think we would be the 4th D if we had played elite teams. But we are.
I think that ranking will drop to more middle of the pack (no pun intended) after more teams go through their bye week and they go up against more competent teams. I still think that this defense will surprise a few people later on down the road with some good showings but it has to happen against teams that are deemed "good."

OP
OP
PackersRS

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LOL

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO

just was pointing out that the 4th ranking was in yards, that doesnt mean anything
It actually means. If you couple that with our ineptness in ST, it means teams need less yards to score on us than we need to score on them ;)

No, but you gotta agree that, even though it doesn't portrait a very clear picture, 4th in any defensive category is a good indication that AT LEAST that defense isn't bad, not in it's entirety. Yards should indicate that teams cannot sustain long drives against us. That's not very true, because of the field position we've been giving...

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It actually means. If you couple that with our ineptness in ST, it means teams need less yards to score on us than we need to score on th.
Percy Harvin picked up 250 all purpose yards so you make a solid point because at halftime Green bay had 47 yards of offense and Harvin had some huge returns so the vikes had great field position with those returns

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
one stat that I think is a big indication on why the D seems to be lacking is sacks..

The Pack are in the BOTTOM 5

OP
OP
PackersRS

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
one stat that I think is a big indication on why the D seems to be lacking is sacks..

The Pack are in the BOTTOM 5
So are the Jets, yet they're 4th in PPG. I believe the 3-4 is not about sacks as it is about disrupting the QB. Something they have been able to do and we haven't...

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Harvin may start returning punts after bye week, at least some interest from Winter Park just to get the ball in his hands acouple more times a game. They tried it out in camp and he struggled but he has proved he can play and is odds on favorite for rookie of the year at the halfway point. Maybe he can be a threat for a homerun on the punt returns. He is scary fast and isn't afraid to go over the middle. 22nd pick in the draft is pretty amazeing what he is doing.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts