Another fine example

net

Cheesehead
Reaction score
http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=404440

Tightwad Ted living up to his name again. Of course the assumption is we will draft Mario Williams and he's the next Reggie White. Maybe, maybe not.

Jamal Reynolds anyone? Just because they excel in college doesn't mean they will do squat in the pros. If the NFL drafting process was so great, how is it the entire league whiffed on Samkon Gado?

You have a player who has done well in the PRO game and you let him float into free agency on the idea that Mike Montgomery or maybe Williams will be better.

I guess the Packers fear an uncapped 2007. Ted is working toward having the lowest payroll in the league and possibly the lowest amount of talent.
For some players, like Ahman Green or Davenpoop, you let the league determine their worth. Kampman has simply come in, worked his job and was a mainstay on some bad defenses. He's healthy and a solid player on the Bates-style defense. This is a guy you lock up.

Maybe Ted should be locked up in the Tightwad Hall of Shame. The only place he likes to spend money is for coaches who no longer work here.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have said this on other threads. Kampman is not some "overachieving", "good guy to have on the team", "motor always running" guy. He is a FOOTBALL PLAYER that makes plays constantly.

I'm not ready to throw TT under the bus already but this would be a black mark against him.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
This quote jumped out at me...

"Other teams always value the Packers' players more than they do," the personnel official said. "He's their best player on defense. If he gets to free agency, he's gone. They won't be able to afford him."

paxvogel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pay him. He will get it or more elsewhere. Losing a proven player that forces us to draft one that has questions is insane. Sign Kampman and draft Hawk and our defense gets much better. Let him go and draft Williams and we are weaker in two spots.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't pretend to know what going on behind the doors of 1265 Lombardi Ave.
I'll give the benefit of the doubt before i judge anything. I think it's alot of worry over nothing. If things end up not getting done, THEN worry. It's far from over yet.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
It amazes me when reading this board that Packer fans are considered the best.

Didn't TT help turn around the Seahawks? Didn't we have a debate on who drafted Shaun and it was said to be TT even though he wasn't the GM?

Did Kampman sign with someone else? Who?

To my knowledge Kampman is still available and we haven't even played a game yet, so why toss TT under the bus already?

Where's the Packer faith?

Reaction score
I agree with Z2C. I think the lack of effort from TT comes from the fact that a new CBA hasn't been finished yet, and TT is waiting to know what the future cap implications could be, thus having the ability to sign Kamp to a friendly contract. But I do agree also that if Kamp hits the open market, it will become harder for the Pack to keep him. But lets see what TT is going to do....

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You can't condemn Thompson for this without knowing the terms that are being debated. Kampman is a player I really want to keep, but that doesn't mean I'd give him a blank check.

The part of the article I don't understand is where they say the Packers won't be able to afford him if he hits the market. The Packers have more cap money than all but a couple of other teams. So if anyone can afford him, the Packers can. It's just a question of who wants him the most.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero and Greg,......there you guys go again.....THINKING!!! How DARE you mess up a good negative post with something as trivial as the FACTS!!! :wink: :lol:

gopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree with Z2C everyone hates him because he got here and we had a bad year I think hes cleaning out shermans crap like cledius and thomas. Stop hating him and give him a chance. What if the steelers had given up on cowher after a year or 2

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
JbShell said:
I dont think Kampman is worth 21 mil over 4 years sorry maybe 12 mil over 4

hes not. i love kampy, hes on my myspace friends, but..

this is a case of there not being a lot of good DEs in free agency this year, and hes one of the top 5, so he is going to be able to ask for a LOT of money, and he WILL get it.

I just dont want that team to be us. I think this situation with kampman will cement the decision of what we do with our #5 pick in the draft.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kamp has made himself a great plyaer and has the desire and want to you like in a Packer but physically he does not have "sky is the limit" talent and one has to wonder if he isn't getting everything out of what he's got to work with.

I mean, I don't see Kamp as a player that "can only get better". That might be a little unrealistic.

Having said this I think TT knows right where Kamp stands value wise and is willing to pay him accordingly but not beyond and that's what you want from your GM. We are already having to work around some overpaid players. We keep getting in that position and we'll never get where we want to go.

Members online

Latest posts