1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

Another Bear Arrested!

Discussion in 'All Other Team Discussions' started by pyledriver80, Jul 24, 2006.

1. pyledriver80

pyledriver80 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Bears tight end John Gilmore was arrested early Saturday and charged with marijuana possession and three other misdemeanors after allegedly refusing to leave a bar.

According to police, an employee asked Gilmore and another person to leave the Leg Room at 7 W. Division St., near 2:30 a.m. CDT. When they refused, police were summoned. Gilmore allegedly also refused orders from police to leave until an officer placed him under arrest.

When an officer tried to handcuff Gilmore, he resisted and a "minor scuffle" ensued, police spokesman Marcel Bright said. Once placed under arrest, police discovered less than a gram of marijuana and drug paraphernalia, Bright said.

Gilmore was charged with trespassing, resisting arrest, possession of drug paraphernalia and possession of less than 2.5 grams of marijuana. He posted bond and was released until a Sept. 15 court date, Bright said.

This is the fourth time a Bears player has been arrested this off-season. A team spokesman said the team has been made aware of the situation and is monitoring events, but the NFL's personal-conduct policy takes precedence.

That policy outlines behavioral guidelines for all NFL players and stipulates the league office handles fines and/or suspensions for all transgressions.

Defensive tackle Tank Johnson was arrested for the second time in eight months on Feb. 12 and charged with aggravated assault and resisting arrest outside a Rush Street nightclub. Those charges were dropped.

Cornerback Daven Holly, since released, was charged with aggravated unlawful use of a weapon and not having a firearm identification card after a Feb. 28 shooting incident.

And free agent cornerback Ricky Manning Jr. has an Aug. 7 preliminary hearing in Los Angeles for an assault charge, to which he has pleaded not guilty.

The Bears report to training camp Wednesday in Bourbonnais.

LOL.....Pretty soon they are going to have more criminals on thier team than Rex Grossman has Career NFL starts - Idiots!

2. Philtration

Philtration Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +9
    Gilmore and Holly were not even going to make the team and Manning commited his stupid act while he was techniclly still with the Panthers.
    Tank Johnson screwing up is a whole different matter because he can actually play and they were counting on him to do just that.

3. PackerSacker54

PackerSacker54 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

:roll: Who cares? This really isn't that big of an issue but merely your sad attempt at slamming the Bears. Gilmore sucks, Tank's charges have been dismissed and Manning who knows what happenned and how it will turn out but the secondary is still deep without him. Now if Urlacher gets arrested for knocking up another stripper , well that may worry me a bit. :wink:

4. DePack

DePack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Is "knocking up a stripper" a crime in Illinois?

5. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Honestly, I sometimes forget that the Bears even have a TE on the roster.

Oh, and BTW, this news is two days old.

6. pyledriver80

pyledriver80 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    LOL. If it was a Packer you guys would be all over it - I don't care, it's still funny stuff.

Whats even funnier is you say "who cares" and then go on to defend the guys and give explanations of why they were arrested. So to answer your "who cares" question.....Apparently you do.

What a bunch of criminals. Looks like your team is more pre-occupied with off the field stuff than playing football.

7. DaBearsrule4ever

Ratings:
    +0
    Honestly, i've heard enough about Bears players getting arrested. Especially with Tank Johnson's BS and Ricky Manning Jr. beating up people in a Dennys Restaurant.

8. PackerSacker54

Ratings:
    +0
    Actually I stated "who cares" and then showed what supports my "who cares" theory by explaining to you why "nobody cares" because I know your a little slow from time to time. "Who cares." :wink:

9. PackerSacker54

Ratings:
    +0
    It is if you don't pay child support. :wink:

10. arrowgargantuan

arrowgargantuan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    glad i moved. :wink:

11. PackerSacker54

Ratings:
    +0

Good call, it's definitely science. :D

12. arrowgargantuan

arrowgargantuan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    lol definitely...man.

13. 4thand26

4thand26 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Great post. Pretty soon the season will start, the packers will continue where they left off from last year, and you will have to post how ugly the Bears uniforms are.

Your backfield looks pretty clean. Self admitted drug addict, charges dropped because wifey wanted paid wife beater, and convicted closet crapper.

EVERY team has its criminals.

14. NDPackerFan

NDPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    The Packers will continue where they left off last year - a win against the NFC Champion Seahawks...

Did pyle say something I missed about the Packers not having any criminals? It sounds more like he is just stating a fact which you quoted; the Bears are going to have more criminals on their team than Rex Grossman has career NFL starts.

Oh, and the Bears are idiots. They still suck too.

15. DaBearsrule4ever

Ratings:
    +0
    I'd rather SUCK than SWALLOW! :eek:wned:
    Last time I checked, it was only three criminals.

16. PackerSacker54

Ratings:
    +0
    Dropping science like Gallileo dropped the orange. :D

17. DePack

DePack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1

REALLY??? I wouldn't do either, but hey that's just me. I don't judge. Spit it out if you have to.

18. NDPackerFan

NDPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    Only 3 criminals? OK...

BTW, I'd choose neither SUCK nor SWALLOW but you can suck if you want to... :eek:wned:

19. NiVeK

NiVeK Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    This is the part where you whip out a.......

.......BA-ZING!

Or perhaps a.......

.......YOU JUST GOT PWNED!

Or of course there's.......

.......HOW DO YOU LIKE THAT YOU STUPID NUB!

:lol:

20. DaBearsrule4ever

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah, only three criminals.

Tank Johnson
    Ricky Manning Jr.
    John Gilmore

Sucking, something the Bears won't do this year. :yeah:

21. 4packgirl

4packgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    now how in the WORLD did i MISS this spit/suck discussion??

hmmm...decisions, decisions... :shrug: :wink:

22. DaBearsrule4ever

Ratings:
    +0
    I don't know, how did you? :D