Andrew Brandt is leaving the Packers!!!

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jason Wied, Brandt's protoge and the guy most often identified as Harlan's most likely successor from within the organization, will fill this role I'd imagine. The transition should not be a problem as Wied appears to be very talented and very well-respected from what I read.

Reaction score
This is quite shocking, he did a great job with the salary cap and contracts. I suspect Brandt was more than a little disappointed about not being named Harlan's successor.

TO, would you know what area Wied is involved in with the Packers? I've heard his name mentioned during Harlan's press conference introducing Murphy, is he associated with finance?

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
TO, would you know what area Wied is involved in with the Packers? I've heard his name mentioned during Harlan's press conference introducing Murphy, is he associated with finance?

I think he's the assistand general counsel (i.e. a lawyer) but worked with Brandt on negotiation and drafting of contracts and managing the cap.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Uh oh...are the wheels going to start falling off the cart?

ugh.....

bozz_2006 said:
I thought he was the Assistant Regional Manager. Or, Assistant to the Regional Manager, depending on who you ask.

FACT: Brandt will be missed.
FACT: The Packers will be fine.

PWT36

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jason Weid is Green Bay native and VP Packer corporate operations (Office operations). He is not in Football operations, VP Ted Thompson is in complete charge of Football Operations of The Green Bay Packers. Andrew Brandt worked under Thompson as director of Packer player finance.

I don't remember Jason Weid ever assisting Andrew Brandt in player salary cap or or player contracts negotiations. .
The employees in the Director of Finance office will take over duties of Andrew Brandt, until the Packers decided on a new Director of Player Finance to replace Andrew Brandt.

There are three Packer personel who report directly to the Packer President. They are Packer VP & GM in charge of football operations -Ted Thompson, VP and in charge of Packer Corporate Operations -Jason Weid and VP & director of Finance -Vicki Vannieuwenhuven. This division of Authority took place over year ago and was done by former Packer President Robert Harlan.

I don't think Jason Weid will take Andrew Brandt's position. He has no expertise in player finance . Any way, It could be considered a step down the corporate ladder for Jason Weid , I think , Director of Finanace would be considered a demotion for Jason. Weid

I too , believe leaving the Packer organization was a upward career move by Andrew Brandt. I think he has a higher postion already "lined up" with another NFL organization.

There was no other higher postion for Andrew Brandt in the Packer organization available in forseeable future. So it wasn't surprising for him to leave for another higher position with another NFL employer ,as soon as the new Packer President Mark Murphy took over, which was Monday.

There is many times, some change in Corporation Personel when there is change in leadership of Corporation. Same thing holds true with The Green Bay Packers, Inc. It will all work out for The Green Bay Packers just fine.

Members online

Latest posts