1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Andrew Brandt is leaving the Packers!!!

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by NDPackerFan, Jan 28, 2008.

1. NDPackerFan

NDPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
  2. Fuzznuts

Fuzznuts Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Uh oh...are the wheels going to start falling off the cart?

I hope not!

3. JoshTheChild

JoshTheChild Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
  4. TOPackerFan

TOPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Jason Wied, Brandt's protoge and the guy most often identified as Harlan's most likely successor from within the organization, will fill this role I'd imagine. The transition should not be a problem as Wied appears to be very talented and very well-respected from what I read.

5. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    This is quite shocking, he did a great job with the salary cap and contracts. I suspect Brandt was more than a little disappointed about not being named Harlan's successor.

TO, would you know what area Wied is involved in with the Packers? I've heard his name mentioned during Harlan's press conference introducing Murphy, is he associated with finance?

6. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,483
    I think he has a job lined up somewhere else, and will be there soon

7. TOPackerFan

TOPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I think he's the assistand general counsel (i.e. a lawyer) but worked with Brandt on negotiation and drafting of contracts and managing the cap.

8. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +652
    I thought he was the Assistant Regional Manager. Or, Assistant to the Regional Manager, depending on who you ask.

9. packerfan4ever

packerfan4ever Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +53
    :shock: :shock:

10. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    ugh.....

FACT: Brandt will be missed.
    FACT: The Packers will be fine.

11. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +652
    Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica.

12. PWT36

PWT36 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Jason Weid is Green Bay native and VP Packer corporate operations (Office operations). He is not in Football operations, VP Ted Thompson is in complete charge of Football Operations of The Green Bay Packers. Andrew Brandt worked under Thompson as director of Packer player finance.

I don't remember Jason Weid ever assisting Andrew Brandt in player salary cap or or player contracts negotiations. .
    The employees in the Director of Finance office will take over duties of Andrew Brandt, until the Packers decided on a new Director of Player Finance to replace Andrew Brandt.

There are three Packer personel who report directly to the Packer President. They are Packer VP & GM in charge of football operations -Ted Thompson, VP and in charge of Packer Corporate Operations -Jason Weid and VP & director of Finance -Vicki Vannieuwenhuven. This division of Authority took place over year ago and was done by former Packer President Robert Harlan.

I don't think Jason Weid will take Andrew Brandt's position. He has no expertise in player finance . Any way, It could be considered a step down the corporate ladder for Jason Weid , I think , Director of Finanace would be considered a demotion for Jason. Weid

I too , believe leaving the Packer organization was a upward career move by Andrew Brandt. I think he has a higher postion already "lined up" with another NFL organization.

There was no other higher postion for Andrew Brandt in the Packer organization available in forseeable future. So it wasn't surprising for him to leave for another higher position with another NFL employer ,as soon as the new Packer President Mark Murphy took over, which was Monday.

There is many times, some change in Corporation Personel when there is change in leadership of Corporation. Same thing holds true with The Green Bay Packers, Inc. It will all work out for The Green Bay Packers just fine.